INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar Bi-directional meter contract

4 posters

Go down

Solar Bi-directional meter contract Empty Solar Bi-directional meter contract

Post by ferret Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:53 pm

This question is actually for Spencer.
I just had five solar panels installed in the middle of February. Last Wednesday the Bi-Directional Meter was installed. I was informed by the installer that she could no longer bring the contract to me to sign but that I had to go to CFE to sign it. Today I went... 2 and 1/2 pages of small print in Spanish. I asked for a copy so I could get it translated. The desk clerk said I could only have a copy after I signed it. WHUH? Who signs a contract without understanding what they're signing. I refused to sign and left.

Apparently, you can no longer "bank" any kilo-watt hour credits for use... I wanted to bank for an electric heater in the winter. Others want to bank for air conditioning etc.
There is now a NEW system in play and I'm pretty sure it's not in our favour. BE WARNED!!!

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Solar Bi-directional meter contract Empty Re: Solar Bi-directional meter contract

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Might explain why some people who have solar have recently received higher monthly bills than normal.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Solar Bi-directional meter contract Empty Re: Solar Bi-directional meter contract

Post by Kiri Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:53 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Might explain why some people who have solar have recently received higher monthly bills than normal.

So much for promoting green energy!
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Yep, and if so will add more time to get your payback on a system.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:40 am

https://www.skadden.com/insights/publications/2017/01/mexican-energy-sector-restructuring-new-opportunit
"Under the new regime and for the near term, CFE continues as the primary retail supplier of electricity, but it has become a holding company with separate generation, transmission, distribution, supply and marketing subsidiaries that operate semi-independently. As a result, parties doing business with CFE must look to the specific credit profile and assets of the CFE entity with which they are contracting, and such parties can no longer rely on the asset and credit profile of the consolidated/integrated energy company. In addition, system operations have been transferred to the “Centro Nacional de Control de Energía,” or National Energy Control Center (CENACE). This independent system operator (ISO) for the new wholesale power market plays a similar role to that performed by ISOs in the U.S., with responsibility for ensuring access to the grid, operating the system in a reliable manner and assuring availability of sufficient supplies to meet customer demand. This year, CENACE will introduce new market components, including the real-time wholesale market, the balancing capacity market and financial transmission rights. With these changes, the electricity sector will transition to a structure akin to markets such as the California ISO, which will be very familiar to independent power producers and financiers in the U.S. electricity market."

Could this be related?
There is a lot of info in the link referenced
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:43 am

http://blog.habitec.mx/en/solar-energy-in-mexico-how-does-it-work-with-the-cfe
More info
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 am

Espiritu, I believe your first link is about large scale energy generators like solar or wind farms and not individual residences.
The second link is undated and that is the way it USED to work. Still waiting on a confirmation of exactly how this system is going to work NOW.
On the subject of the contract... I signed it. In the whole first paragraph are references to Laws and Conditions by numbers ... the contents of which I had no way of checking. It was a leap of faith imho.
I have only 5 panels and they are currently churning out 9.0 kwh a day (enphase tracking system). At the moment (and most of the year), I only use 5.5 kwh a day. The purpose was to BANK that extra 4 kwh daily for the use of an electric heater in the bedroom when it's cold. The heater alone uses 8.3 kwh a day (monitored over a one month period).
The only thing that I can suggest to anyone wanting to install solar panels right now is to only install what will cover your normal daily usage but with ease of installing additional panels should this issue be resolved.
I didn't do this to help CFE or Cenace with THEIR bottom lines. I did it for MY bottom line. The only saving grace is that I am also helping the planet... so I signed.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:25 am

My guess is its connected somehow.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down