INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELEGANTE

+7
Mrs. Rupert
suegarn
sm1mex
CanuckBob
slainte39
Flamingo
gringal
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ELEGANTE - Page 2 Empty Re: ELEGANTE

Post by gringal Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:41 pm

slainte39 wrote:If you feel a restaurant or certain things on the menu are overpriced....just don't go there or order that particular item.
Seems like a rather easy problem to solve unless you just like problems.

No, I don't like problems and no, I have little intention of going there.  Isn't it pretty obvious that sensible people don't deliberately go where they think it's overpriced?  How did this turn into a silly argument, anyway? Have an Irish beer.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:18 pm

gringal wrote:
slainte39 wrote:If you feel a restaurant or certain things on the menu are overpriced....just don't go there or order that particular item.
Seems like a rather easy problem to solve unless you just like problems.

No, I don't like problems and no, I have little intention of going there.  Isn't it pretty obvious that sensible people don't deliberately go where they think it's overpriced?  How did this turn into a silly argument, anyway? Have an Irish beer.
Beer

Just sayin'................
At those prices for the "special event", I wouldn't even give them a second thought or a second of my time.  I know from your reviews that you recognize quality and value, so you don't need to be bothered by these folks who don't make your (or my) cut.

Besides, an Irish beer would "gobsmack" me, right now. lol!
well, alright, just one......... Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:21 am

The food at Elegante is wonderful. The rolls are to die for, the salads superb, the entreés are fabulous, and the desserts perfect. However, our budget does not allow frequent dining there, so, once in a while.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:37 am

Mrs. Rupert wrote:The food at Elegante is wonderful.  The rolls are to die for, the salads superb,  the entreés  are fabulous, and the desserts perfect.  However, our budget does not allow frequent dining there, so, once in a while.

Considering their pricing everything they serve better be superb, fabulous, perfect and to die for. Everything, including service.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 am

Mrs. Rupert wrote:The food at Elegante is wonderful.  The rolls are to die for, the salads superb,  the entreés  are fabulous, and the desserts perfect.  However, our budget does not allow frequent dining there, so, once in a while.

Anyone who can afford it and believes it's worth the money, they should go there.  For those of us that don't see it that way....
FORGET IT!!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:51 am

I've eaten at Elegante twice. First time was spectacular food and "worth it", IMO.

Second time was neither of those things.

Both of those times - they were several months ago, haven't returned since then so maybe it's changed - the ambiance was cold and minimal.

But I don't care about ambiance. I also don't care about the "who sees me there" bla bla bla crap. I only care about the food. Like I said, so far one great experience and one not. Haven't been back in 3 or so months. That said...

Gringal. For over ten years I've read your restaurant reviews. Try re-reading your posts in this thread, from the top. Be honest. You never intended to "splurge" and go to Elegante for that special occasion meal, did you? At least that's how it reads to me.

Hope you enjoy your Valentine's Day meal wherever you decide to go.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:39 am

Rosa Venus wrote:I've eaten at Elegante twice. First time was spectacular food and "worth it", IMO.

Second time was neither of those things.

Both of those times - they were several months ago, haven't returned since then so maybe it's changed - the ambiance was cold and minimal.

But I don't care about ambiance. I also don't care about the "who sees me there" bla bla bla crap. I only care about the food. Like I said, so far one great experience and one not. Haven't been back in 3 or so months. That said...

Gringal. For over ten years I've read your restaurant reviews. Try re-reading your posts in this thread, from the top. Be honest. You never intended to "splurge" and go to Elegante for that special occasion meal, did you? At least that's how it reads to me.

Hope you enjoy your Valentine's Day meal wherever you decide to go.

On the Elegante thread on TOB, after I read the menu offered, I politely asked if they were also serving their $225 fixed price meal on that occasion. They didn't even bother to answer with a simple "yes" or "no".

Now, here's my quote from this thread:
"No, I don't like problems and no, I have little intention of going there. Isn't it pretty obvious that sensible people don't deliberately go where they think it's overpriced?"

Most of the time, I'm a "sensible" person, at least where spending money is concerned. I would consider going for the lower priced meal, but there are many other places to eat with very good food and no pretensions, so "Elegante" will keep. Mainly, I was just curious about the place.

Thanks for the good wishes and I'm sure I'll enjoy Valentine's Day!
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:02 pm

slainte39 wrote:

Anyone who can afford it and believes it's worth the money, they should go there.  For those of us that don't see it that way....
FORGET IT!!!!

I know I'm being redundant and repetitious, but can't different levels of the cost of restaurant cuisine exist simultaneously in our community without all this back and forth (head shaking).

Protesting the price with the guise of curiosity?...........well...OK
I'll protest by not going there.. Very Happy ...and I'm not curious about the rest of the menu.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:27 pm

slainte39 wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

FORGET IT!!!!

I know I'm being redundant and repetitious, but can't different levels of the cost of restaurant cuisine exist simultaneously in our community without all this back and forth (head shaking).

Protesting the price with the guise of curiosity?...........well...OK
I'll protest by not going there.. Very Happy ...and I'm not curious about the rest of the menu.

Speaking of redundant, a question was asked and I answered it. There is a difference between a comment and a protest.  Can we let this thread R.I.P.  at long last?
Have an Irish beer.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:55 pm

If you want a thread to go away, and you often do, stop responding to it. 

Wait for it . . . . .10, 9, 8 ,7, 6
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Trailrunner wrote:If you want a thread to go away, and you often do, stop responding to it. 

Wait for it . . . . .10, 9, 8 ,7, 6

LOL! When one person accounts for more than one third of the posts on this topic, I agree with Trailrunner!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Why does this remind me of high school? Geesh!  
Dead Horse

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:12 pm

I was trying to glean a few tips on restaurants, but I have to say this thread turned into something strange. Too funny. I like good food at a reasonable price, who doesn't? I also like "special" and ambiance for certain occasions -- like a long awaited vacation after working 24/7 for 2 years with scant sleep Very Happy Please, pamper me because I need it, deserve it, and appreciate it, and please don't rain on my parade when I do it, hehehe

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:03 pm

!Adelante!........ Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content