INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New dog groomer who also does doggie massage

4 posters

Go down

New dog groomer who also does doggie massage Empty New dog groomer who also does doggie massage

Post by Flamingo Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:03 am

A friend recently completed her training as a dog groomer and dog masseuse. Her name is Julie and she will pick up your dog, or if you have space, groom at your home. Grooming starts at $150 pesos. She can be reached at 333 127 0273. I have used her and my dogs love her!

The dog massage is amazing. My 14 1/2 year old Corgi, Sam, had cancer and arthritis. Julie was training and needed a dog so I volunteered Sam. It was wonderful. He had a massage weekly for a month. He moved like a much younger dog, ran and played and went along for walks. (something he hadn't wanted to do in many months) Unfortunately the cancer didn't go away, and he succumbed several weeks later. Sam had the best month he'd had in years and was so happy. It was a good end for a good long life.

Julie says the massage can aid digestion, arthritis, heal inflammation and prevent injury in agility dogs. The massage lasts for 45 minutes and costs $300 pesos. A real bargain.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New dog groomer who also does doggie massage Empty Re: New dog groomer who also does doggie massage

Post by Canada_Mike Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:39 pm

Well, I don't know about dog massage, but Julie gave my big girl the worst grooming I have ever seen. She's all uneven, has spots that are almost bald, and is still clumpy. She left her wet, so I couldn't really see anything until the next day, but when I did, my God she looked awful. Her business is Rincon del Patron, and I urge everyone to avoid her.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

New dog groomer who also does doggie massage Empty Re: New dog groomer who also does doggie massage

Post by itsme Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:35 am

Next time try Cristina at Pet Care in Riberas, she is very good and the dogs like her. Her # is 331-027-4444. I had dogs that were so afraid to go the groomer and since using her they have calmed down greatly and are no longer afraid.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:33 pm

Now the rest of the story. I spoke with Julie and she was totally surprised by your remarks. You should have had the common courtesy to discuss your complaints with her rather than a rant on a Web Board. She also mentioned that you complained about previous groomers - maybe you need to be more realistic about what can be done to a large dog with a difficult coat. And not expect the groomer to want to go out with you.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:47 pm

First of all, I did not rant. I complained. And there was nothing to talk abut. I posted here because I was quite angry. Yes, I told her what I wanted, and when the job was finished, because the dog was wet, I could not see the result. It never occurred to me that I would have to specify an even cut with all her hair the same length. There are patches on both her sides and her top that are markedly shorter than the rest of her. Leaving her wet meant she could not get a final combing, resulting in clumping.

What could she have done? Trim her down to her skin all over? I took her to Christiana Park this morning, and the folks there who knew her were aghast. No one had ever seen such an incompetent job. She is simply hacked up. Julie should not be grooming until she becomes competent. Flamingo, quuite honestly what could she have done had I talked to her? Nothing. I felt it important to alert others.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 pm

I just read that there is evidence to suggest that hair, when cut, might grow back. It's a good thing animals aren't as shallow and reactionary as their owners, or we'd all find ourselves in the cross-hairs of some pissed-off Pomeranian. But good job on trying to ruin the livelihood of a fellow human being.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 pm

I'm afraid Itollefs, that if you can't perform the function you advertise and charge for you should take up a different livelihood.

Look, when I say it's a bad job, I don't mean it's not perfect, I don't mean it could be a it better. I mean it was a disaster, and I will meet anyone anywhere who wants to have a look. Yes, her hair will grow back, and in a month or two it will be all over. But isn't the purpose of this board to keep everyone aware of the good and the bad?
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:49 pm

"But isn't the purpose of this board to keep everyone aware of the good and the bad?" Perhaps it is, but "and I urge everyone to avoid her" has to it a degree of maliciousness that is difficult to overlook. No, what happened to the City of Houston last summer was a disaster, what happened to your dog is no more than an irritant, and you should know that your dog has no thoughts on the matter at all.  You'd do well to develop a keener sense of proportionality and perspective. "They had the best selection, they were poisoned with protection". Fuck me if we're not just a bunch of snivelling babies.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down