INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Day, and please recommend great restaurant.

+6
Flamingo
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
Canmex 87
slainte39
Nosnow
10 posters

Go down

Christmas Day, and  please recommend great restaurant. Empty Christmas Day, and please recommend great restaurant.

Post by Nosnow Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:11 pm

Taking visiting family to Christmas dinner, our treat, your recommendation appreciated.

Nosnow
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Christmas Day, and  please recommend great restaurant. Empty Re: Christmas Day, and please recommend great restaurant.

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:23 am

I believe Manix will be open.  They generally do a good job.  I'm attending a dinner being catered by them, so I hope so.  At least the hosts of the dinner think they are good.  Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Christmas Day, and  please recommend great restaurant. Empty Re: Christmas Day, and please recommend great restaurant.

Post by Canmex 87 Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:16 am

Nueva Posado always serves a great Christmas dinner.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:40 am

It depends on whether you prefer a buffet or a "sit down and be served a fixed menu" dinner.

Manix is a buffet.  Nueva Posada is sit down.  Both suggestions above are good ones.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:06 am

Canmex 87 wrote:Nueva Posado always serves a great Christmas dinner.

Make reservations soonest. They do two sittings and both sell out quickly. It is a lovely setting and great for out of town visitors. Earlier seating out in the garden is delightful. Garden location sells out even faster. Manix is different but also a wonderful experience.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosnow Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Thanks all for your suggestions, will make reservations at all of them.

Nosnow
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Nosnow wrote:Thanks all for your suggestions, will make reservations at all of them.

I hope your appetite will allow you to make a good showing at all of them. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:49 pm

Please only make a reservation for the restaurant you plan to attend. Otherwise, the restaurant looses money because they held your table and you never showed up. They could have sold that table to a person who would actually be there and spend money.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosnow Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Our plan is to book both Mannix and Nueva Posada, not on the same day of course!
Thanks for the suggestions, we've already booked 1st sitting at Mannix for the buffet on Christmas day, will book Posada for New Year Lunch.

Nosnow
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:27 am

Wonder if St. Remy is serving Christmas dinner? If so, that would be our first choice if our own kitchen was out of service.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:48 am

La Mision!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Armando's Hide away simple the best
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:35 pm

IMHO, not even close.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:17 pm

But then it's only your humble opinion, Dave. Armando's by far
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:22 pm

My name is David not Dave. Armando's simply doesn't make my list. Everyone's taste is different. Most important thing is to enjoy!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:56 am

David wrote:My name is David not Dave.  Armando's simply doesn't make my list.  Everyone's taste is different.  Most important thing is to enjoy!

Everybody eats, and everybody's a food critic.  With all the choices he has, our esteemed (or steamed) POTUS prefers fast food burgers and two scoops of chocolate ice cream. Classy guy.

La Mision must be doing something right for you, David, and Armando's is "the one" for the other poster.
Buen Provecho to you both!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 am

gringal wrote:
David wrote:My name is David not Dave.  Armando's simply doesn't make my list.  Everyone's taste is different.  Most important thing is to enjoy!

Everybody eats, and everybody's a food critic.

Which is, as far as I'm concerned, makes these board opinions, practically worthless. lol!  (unless you are intimate with someone's taste buds)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:37 am

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:

Everybody eats, and everybody's a food critic.

Which is, as far as I'm concerned, makes these board opinions, practically worthless. lol!  (unless you are intimate with someone's taste buds)

Exactly, but some reviews are more useful when they are specific. Saying "XXX" is the best or the worst, without giving reasons why, is a waste of bandwidth.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down