INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Were Me: Which way to the new Costco

+5
CanuckBob
RVGRINGO
MexicoPete
Canmex 87
Fibonacci
9 posters

Go down

If You Were Me:  Which way to the new Costco Empty If You Were Me: Which way to the new Costco

Post by Fibonacci Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:08 pm

I will be going to the "new" Costco in La Tijera with a friend later this week. She has never been and I've only been once, several years ago. We will be leaving from Chapala. I have looked at Google Maps, and basically there are three ways to go -- and of course, the way I remember (which was pretty simple) is to go through Jocotopec, but that is the way that will take the longest. My friend will be driving, and I'll be navigating (with Google Maps on my phone), so I would appreciate any advice from those who do this frequently. Thanks so much.
Fibonacci
Fibonacci

Back to top Go down

If You Were Me:  Which way to the new Costco Empty Re: If You Were Me: Which way to the new Costco

Post by Canmex 87 Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:45 pm

If you are going from Chapala the easiest and fastest way would be to take the Guadalajara highway and then take the Periferico. Go south bound on the Periferico and get off at Lopez Mateos south. From there its about 5 kilometers to Costco.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

If You Were Me:  Which way to the new Costco Empty Re: If You Were Me: Which way to the new Costco

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:10 pm

First there are two Costcos in the greater Guadalajara area. They both carry about the same items as do all Costcos in the area. If I were you I would go Google Mexico and enter Costco near me, look at the map. expand same and decide which would be best for you
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fibonacci Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Thanks so much. I'll go with the Pereférico advice!
Fibonacci
Fibonacci

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:25 am

Fibonacci wrote:Thanks so much.  I'll go with the Pereférico advice!

I would also suggest that you go on a Sunday when there isn't as much traffic.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:03 pm

From Chapala, we always took the highway toward Guadalajara, then turned (via retorno) at the road to Cajititlan and on through Tlajomulco, then a right turn at the Guadalajara sign onto Lopez Mateo Sur. Costco and Mega are on the right, just past the big Ford dealership, so keep right to get on that lateral and exit.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:16 pm

It is an interesting way to get there. Very scenic drive. I have gone that way a couple of times. I imagine when open the new highway through Tlajomulco will make that way the quickest for some?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Yes, when it is open it will probably be the fastest way, by far.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:00 pm

I much prefer the Cajititlan through Tlajomulco route. Less traffic, prettier drive and faster. The Pereférico has a gazillion big trucks and I find it hard to navigate. Actually I rarely drive in Guad but when others are driving, I hate trying to get anywhere on the Pereférico. Plus the new Costco is slightly larger and so is the Mega.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:From Chapala, we always took the highway toward Guadalajara, then turned (via retorno) at the road to Cajititlan and on through Tlajomulco, then a right turn at the Guadalajara sign onto Lopez Mateo Sur.  Costco and Mega are on the right, just past the big Ford dealership, so keep right to get on that lateral and exit.

Total agreement.......
From someone who makes this trip almost weekly, this is the best way from Ajijic and east, time wise, traffic wise, and distance wise, for any reason to be in that part of the city or suburbs (Costco, etc.). Having friends and family in Santa Anita and Bugambilias, the same applies. SJC and west, probably best through Jocotepec.  Occasionly, I stray through San Juan Evangelista, worse road but a little shorter in distance.  The first route you turn off at La Calera, a little north of the burrito place and the second is a little south of it.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fibonacci Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:58 pm

This is great info, everyone (especially from RV Gringo and slainte39). Thank you. I will look at Google Maps again and print out directions for the Cajititlan way. You have all been most helpful. Once we get a little car, I anticipate making this trip every couple of months, so this will be a good maiden voyage (hoping so anyway). Onward!
Fibonacci
Fibonacci

Back to top Go down

If You Were Me:  Which way to the new Costco Empty Costco

Post by cypress Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:20 am

Canmex 87 wrote:If you are going from Chapala the easiest and fastest way would be to take the Guadalajara highway and then take the Periferico. Go south bound on the Periferico and get off at Lopez Mateos south. From there its about 5 kilometers to Costco.
The interchange where the periferico meets Lopez Mateos is under construction. Some exits aren't open so watch carefully.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 am

If you go the back way, beware of the topes. I like that drive better, less traffic, less stress, but there are some "topes from hell" out there. I find someone going the speed I want to go and drop back 200 yards and let them find the topes.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down