INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow season??

+12
brigitte
SunFan
Bubba2shoes
Rosa Venus
ferret
Carry Bean
gringal
Trailrunner
coffeeguy
Gamina
sm1mex
CanuckBob
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Slow season?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Slow season??

Post by brigitte Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:35 am

Yes driving around Lakeside is childplay if you compare it to Guadalajara or any large city but it is not a large city..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Slow season?? - Page 3 Empty I

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:36 am

CB has a good point about living in centro in Ajijic to avoid driving for minor errands although a vehicle or taxi is still required for the occasional super store run or some other errands such as going to certain banks or the post office for instance. One of the beauties of San Cristobal is that taxis are ubiquitous and roam the streets for random passenger pickups while inexpensive because of meterless trips at fares mandated by the municipality. It is a local industry that taxis serve the home to supermarket and return market at low fares and most taxi drivers help you load your groceries into the taxis and unload your stuff at your home all for a small, optional tip. Here in San Cristobal, taxis are always lined up a any super store from Chedraui to Soriana to Sam's Club, etc. to take the shopper and his/her spoils home at instant notice for $30 Pesos plus your small, optional gratuity. Try that at Lakeside.

I liked Ferret'scomment about the housekeeper beating the fake eyelahes to death thinking they are spiders. These cultural misunderstandings can be funny if often trying experiences. When we were refurbishing our new home in San Cristobal back in 2006, we had workmen installing a dishwasher at a time when dishwashers were somewhat rare here in Chiapas. First, they were puzzled by the fact that there was no place to attach a hot water line until we informed them that the appliance heated its own water internally. Then, we found them wasting time attempting to coordinate the electrical clocks on two separate kitchen appliances without success until we informed them that precise coordination of appliance clocks was an inconsequential endeavor.. amd we could handle that issue at a later date if at all. In Ajijic, on the other hand, we found our housekeeper using the unfamiliar garbage disposal without running water. It was humbling for us to discover our own inadequacies when acquainting ourselves with household chores among the indigenous in Chiapas while visiting them in their homes. We were as naive about performing some of their home task handling as they often were about ours. We all can learn from other cultures and benefit from exposure to performance of tasks that differ among different cultures.

Last edited by Bubba2shoes on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:51 am; edited 3 times in total

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:44 am

We really miss the non-driving location of our home in Chapala centro, where we had multiple garages for our cars and/or guests, but could walk to everything in Chapala in 5-10 minutes.
We hear rumors that our old home is to become some kind of spa. Does anyone know more?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:22 am

In summary I will say that I like the fact that the area is prospering. I can tell you it is a lot better than if it was headed in the opposite direction. Come the day I don't like it I will sell and move on. I won't be hanging around to complain about it.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:27 am

CanuckBob wrote:In summary I will say that I like the fact that the area is prospering. I can tell you it is a lot better than if it was headed in the opposite direction. Come the day I don't like it I will sell and move on. I won't be hanging around to complain about it.

I wish that sentiment would rub off on some posters on other forums.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:33 am

Those types complain about everything no matter where they are. I would wager they complained about things where they came from. Its easy to hide behind anonymity and sling crap at the government, etc., etc. Maybe they should "man up" and take their complaints in writing directly to the municipal hall.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:40 am

CanuckBob wrote:Those types complain about everything no matter where they are. I would wager they complained about things where they came from. Its easy to hide behind anonymity and sling crap at the government, etc., etc. Maybe they should "man up" and take their complaints in writing directly to the municipal hall.

Well said. If you don't like the way things are, get your ass in gear and either do something to change things or get yourself to elsewhere. Some people start complaining as an attention getting technique very early in life and they are never, ever satisfied. It's a way of life. Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:53 am

Good point, CB. We have lived in Ajijic since 2001 and have no plans to leave at present. So there are more people, an indication of the area's current prosperity and where else can I just shop early to avoid the crowds and, at mid-morning run a great, deserted lakeside beach with my five mutts without driving at all. We have no plans to leave but those who do wish to leave should pack and depart. Mexico is a big country with many alternative places in which to reside.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:24 am

Exactly right, Bubba! Mexico is a huge country with millions of living options other than "lakeside". Mostly cheaper too!

I would never go back north, but I might move to the south shore, or Xilitla, or Chiapas, or or or. . . So many options.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:40 am

gringal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Those types complain about everything no matter where they are. I would wager they complained about things where they came from. Its easy to hide behind anonymity and sling crap at the government, etc., etc. Maybe they should "man up" and take their complaints in writing directly to the municipal hall.

Well said.  If you don't like the way things are, get your ass in gear and either do something to change things or get yourself to elsewhere.   Some people start complaining as an attention getting technique very early in life and they are never, ever satisfied.  It's a way of life. Twisted Evil

Both posts.....well said.
My only complaint as I start each day, happy, is the COMPLAINERS.  The way of life here is "it is what it is" and do the complainers ever have much to show in the way of change for their constant drum beat. I think they complain to hear themselves (and others they want to impress) more than wanting any change.
If change came, they would be befuddled as what to do.......maybe change back? lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:02 pm

No, they'd find something else to bitch about.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:52 pm

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:

Well said.  If you don't like the way things are, get your ass in gear and either do something to change things or get yourself to elsewhere.   Some people start complaining as an attention getting technique very early in life and they are never, ever satisfied.  It's a way of life. Twisted Evil

Both posts.....well said.
My only complaint as I start each day, happy, is the COMPLAINERS.  The way of life here is "it is what it is" and do the complainers ever have much to show in the way of change for their constant drum beat. I think they complain to hear themselves (and others they want to impress) more than wanting any change.
If change came, they would be befuddled as what to do.......maybe change back? lol!

Having lived here now for a decade, there have been lots of changes, mostly for the better.
People forget that things change everywhere. The last time I was back in Atlanta about 15 years ago, I didn't recognize the place. I'd hate to see it now,

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:10 pm

You are so right jrm
Having spent a lot of time in Mexico for 43 years and living in the same location in SAT for 36 years, there have been so many changes that I can't even remember what it was like way back then.  All I can tell you is that over all everything has improved so much and no way would I want to go back to my earliest time here. I remember when I reached my 25th anniversary living here that I said Mexico had advanced 50 years in that period.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3