INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bring a car or buy one local?

+5
Demonio
YOLO
Intercasa
Rolly
CanuckBob
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bring a car or buy one local? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bring a car or buy one local?

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Demonio wrote:Zoey,

Sorry, didn't mean it as an insult. I'm happily no one else either. I'm quite content being me. Just copy the url by clicking on it and it'll "highlight", then either right click on it and choose copy from the pull down menu, or copy using the alt and C keys. To paste right click and choose paste, or press the alt and V keys. PM me if you need more help.

Peace -- G

Back atcha and thanks. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Sun May 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Now you guys have me confused and frustrated. Do you want to pass the driving exam, or drive safely and live??? I can't do both for you. After all, I'm not a magician. For that you need Felipe Calderon.

G
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun May 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Demonio wrote:Itsme,

I just clicked through the link and it worked fine. Might be cause you need the Adobe Reader plug-in since the questions and answers are in a PDF format. It's available as a free download HERE.
Thanks, I guess the one I had was too old. I was able to open the file after the download, (and I didn't get the compatibility message for once!) cheers

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Intercasa wrote:Most bring down foreign plated cars as they use them to transport fragile and valuable items. I did this as I bought all new furniture and didn't need a moving van. Also I love my car and it would have been silly to sell it to just turn around and buy the same thing. I haven't noticed being pulled over alot with California plates but then again I drive like a Mexican so they probably don't look at me twice and if they do all they'd see is a blur.Bring a car or buy one local? - Page 2 19034_462538270203_790160203_11011888_5115661_n

Yup, you do drive like a Mexican 130 KPH and had time to take your hands off the wheel and take a snapshot. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Mon May 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Zoey, that fool doesn't know what it's like to drive a REAL car. When he grows up, maybe we can talk.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon May 03, 2010 7:48 pm

That is 130mph, 220 kph as the smaller numbers are kph, car is from the US so it is MPH.

So what is a real car? What do you drive in Mexico?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Mon May 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Intercasa wrote:That is 130mph, 220 kph as the smaller numbers are kph, car is from the US so it is MPH.

Hah! I did that as a kid in a Chevy. lol!

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Mon May 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Intercasa wrote:That is 130mph, 220 kph as the smaller numbers are kph, car is from the US so it is MPH.

I drive a VW Cabrio in Mexico cause I choose to be indiscreet here. In the real world, I drive an '05 Porsche Turbo, or ride an '06 Harley Night Train that will both put your little put put to shame in fourth gear -- junior. Please remember that I wasn't the one to post pictures of my speedometer readings to feign I had a big dick, that was you. I simply called you on it.

G
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon May 03, 2010 9:37 pm

A VW Cabrio??? That's a man's car. Hahahaa Porsche and Harley, did you feel you are getting old??? My VW is for Mexico and I drive a Tahoe in the US. I love to fly down the road.

Don't you mean you choose to be discreet? Although this is Jalisco and wow I bet Zoey has already been following you around in that studmobile.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Abuelo Mon May 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Boy this thread sure turned into a pissin' match!
Abuelo
Abuelo

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Hey Demonio, lets be real, a Harley Night Train ain't doing no 130MPH.

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Tue May 04, 2010 12:56 am

True that Bob, true that. At least not without consequences.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Tue May 04, 2010 9:47 am

YOLO wrote:Speaking of Rules of the Road-we are thinking of renting a car when we come down, but the "Left Turn" rules have me a bit skeptical...I understand that to turn left you pull on the right shoulder and signal 'left' and when clear, you turn left. What if there is no shoulder? And if it is two lanes each way, the same thing? We took the bus from Playa del Carmen to Chutumal and I don't remember people doing this. I don't want to get either rear-ended or broadsided by this turning issue! ... Everything
else seems kinda 'normal'-well, except for the fact that a left turn signal in the driving lane means it is oklay for the guy behind you to pass you. Are these true? Any advice? Thanks (I can see that this left turn signal is going to do me in!)

ah, yolo, the left-turn signal in mexico. it can mean so many things:

(1) i am going to turn left at the next street/entrance on the left.
(2) it's okay to pass me now.
(3) i'm slowing WAY down so i can turn left but only my left blinker works when i turn on my flashers.
(4) i want to turn left but there's on-coming traffic so i'll be pulling over to the right shoulder/turnout.
(5) the vehicle(s) in front of me is (are) going REALLY slowly but only the left side of my blinkers work (see #3 above).
(6) i'm an old gringo person driving and i forgot to turn off my left blinker miles ago.
(7) i'm double-parked and this is the way i indicate that you should just go around me.

in the US i never used my flashers; here i use them almost every time i drive.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by YOLO Tue May 04, 2010 10:25 am

Ahh Lucky, thank you! I can see a real challenge to the driver behind the blinker-driver interpreting the reason behind #1 and #2!! Let's hope I don't ever guess wrong thinking it is #2 and he really meant #1. Mexico is still pretty populated so it must work out somehow! LOL!

YOLO

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Tue May 04, 2010 11:22 am

I don't feel I'm getting old, I AM getting old. But then so are you and everyone else. My vehicles have little or nothing to do with my age. I bought my first Harley when I was 18 and my first Porsche at 21. Guess old habits die hard. As far as the VW is concerned, it's a great and fun "throw-away" car for use in MX. Especially on the cobble stone streets of Ajijic. Sometimes I'm driving (slowly, since I rarely am able to shift out of !st on the side streets) and a bump will set off the alarm. I just switch the ignition off and on again and keep on truckin'. I'll take a pix of my speedometer reading 5 mph when I'm back in Ajijic. I doubt the Porsche will ever see the streets of Mexico. The suspension is so stiff I'd probably be ejected through the sun roof, not to mention the probability of being car jacked. Maybe the Harley, but who knows. Lastly, you're right re: discreet.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Spencer, we just want you to take care of yourself, as we all value what you give away freely almost everyday. Point of clarification, I meant your advice on the webboard, as I do not have the ability to speak for every female you have met since you were ten years old. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Abuelo wrote:Boy this thread sure turned into a pissin' match!

Yup, who can piss the farthest and who has the biggest dick. I vote for the guy with the smallest car. He has no need to flaunt it and brag about it. Just knows that he has it. Shit, I am in trouble now. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2