INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This would be a great service to have here in Lakeside!

+3
Intercasa
gringal
suegarn
7 posters

Go down

This would be a great service to have here in Lakeside! Empty This would be a great service to have here in Lakeside!

Post by suegarn Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:10 pm

They'll shop for you and deliver via motorcycle or car, depending on size of order, pick up restaurant take-out orders, make bill payments, collect and deliver dry cleaning, tickets, etc.

Maybe someone can start this up with a few young guys that own motorcycles and/or cars!

http://visit-vallarta.com/restaurants/grocery-meal-delivery-service/

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

This would be a great service to have here in Lakeside! Empty Re: This would be a great service to have here in Lakeside!

Post by gringal Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:05 am

Sounds good to me, but I'm wondering whether the service is more needed in a tourist focused area than around Lakeside.
The current people who do the shopping in Guadalajara and deliver to your door are a great addition to the conveniences available.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

This would be a great service to have here in Lakeside! Empty Re: This would be a great service to have here in Lakeside!

Post by Intercasa Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:19 am

Ha first we need restaurants open during the week and after 7pm to even begin to think about delivery.  What are they going to deliver now, pizza and tacos?  Even Dominos has no service after 9ish.

In Guadalajara they have Uber Eats, guys delivering on bikes and motos.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:53 am

After 7, try after 5! Or even 4. Sheesh.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:17 am

Trailrunner wrote:After 7, try after 5! Or even 4. Sheesh.

OOkay, folks, all together now:  "We are in a live-in gringo retirement enclave where the fun stops after happy hour"
Ya want those late hours?  Go to Guadalajara and rock on.
Beer Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:29 am

Restaurant Il Giardino, the best in Chapala that I have found, is open until midnight daily. They cook Angus beef over charcoal among other things.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:42 am

Intercasa wrote:Ha first we need restaurants open during the week and after 7pm to even begin to think about delivery.  What are they going to deliver now, pizza and tacos?  Even Dominos has no service after 9ish.

In Guadalajara they have Uber Eats, guys delivering on bikes and motos.

I was thinking of this as a service that people would use mostly during the day. Some people aren't able to get out easily to run all of these errands ( those with no car, or people recovering from illnesses or surgery ). And there may be some that would just like to have someone else deal with the hassle of running to 5 or 10 different places to get everything done, even if they have a car themselves!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:48 am

In Joco, i have "a guy" for most of those things, and way more.  Actually, i have two guys!  My long-time friend and helper, Antonio, and his family do so much for me and my upstairs neighbor.  We kind of keep him "on retainer."  His "official" title at our place is, i guess, "pool cleaner."  He does that twice a week.  

But he and/or his wife do lots more.  His wife gets our car registration for me and several of my friends and pays the taxes.  And she does my laundry (no washer/dryer at my place).  Antonio picks it up when he's here doing the pool and then returns it the next time he comes, so i have delivery service.  Antonio works on my car as need be and if it's something beyond his capabilities, he takes it to a local mechanic who specializes in whatever to get it repaired.  And, oddly enough, it's always done more rapidly and cheaper than i could have gotten it done.  

Since Antonio is an albanil (builder) by trade, he has done SO much work at our house and at the houses of friends if we ask him.  Just some of the things he has done for me and my friends over the years (there are many more):  torn out an old sidewalk and replaced it; built a carport; fixed lots of plumbing issues; gotten someone who managed to lock herself into or out of several places back into or out of them; replaced a leaking roof and stopped a leak in my downstairs place ceiling without having to replace anything; and fixed my hot water heater.  He even carted a boat (after painting it) to a friend's house on the south side of the lake.    

My "other guy,"  who is "officially" our gardener, gets my weekly garrafones of water, picks up and drops off friends at the airport, goes shopping for me if i'm not well, took a friend and i to get our driver's licenses renewed, and the other day came immediately when i had fallen and couldn't get up.  Way better than Life Alert, or whatever it's called.  

You just gotta get "guys", suegarn!  As for to-go food pick up, my other friends help me out with that, if needed, but i'll bet if i asked, either one of my "guys" would, too.  And i would way rather recompense my friends!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:53 am

suegarn wrote:I was thinking of this as a service that people would use mostly during the day.  Some people aren't able to get out easily to run all of these errands ( those with no car, or people recovering from illnesses or surgery ).  And there may be some that would just like to have someone else deal with the hassle of running to 5 or 10 different places to get everything done, even if they have a car themselves!

Let's see... they must be bilingual, have a driver's licence, be well educated, and street savvy. Why would someone like that want to be a gofer?
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:43 pm

RichD wrote:
suegarn wrote:I was thinking of this as a service that people would use mostly during the day.  Some people aren't able to get out easily to run all of these errands ( those with no car, or people recovering from illnesses or surgery ).  And there may be some that would just like to have someone else deal with the hassle of running to 5 or 10 different places to get everything done, even if they have a car themselves!

Let's see... they must be bilingual, have a driver's licence, be well educated, and street savvy. Why would someone like that want to be a gofer?

They don't necessarily have to be well-educated.  If they can follow simple instructions, know their way around town, and are trustworthy, that's suitable.  There are many people that are doing that for individuals now (read Lucky's post above).  This is for people that haven't found 'guys' yet.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:49 pm

I don't think anyone expects all that from an odd-jobs guy.
I'm happy to have one who speaks Spanglish, is pleasant and has access to a vehicle. Thumbs up

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:36 pm

i'm really lucky with "my guy." He does our pool and other things in his "spare time" when he's working full-time elsewhere. And we try to save up larger jobs for him when he's between jobs, as builders here often are.

In fact, he was just here this Sunday afternoon and happened to mention to me that he and/or his wife would be happy to do my shopping for me here in Joco anytime i need them to do so. And, no, he did not read this posting. Just a generous offer from a busy guy who is supporting his wife, two kids, and mother with Alzheimer's and knows that i have a bad hip and can't get into some places.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seymour Sam Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:56 pm

The driver I use for airport pick up/drop off and other things, will do all the OP mentions. Known him 14 years... absolute trust in him, and his wife. Also, my housekeeper will deal with picking things up, payments etc. you just need your "go to" people as others have mentioned.

Seymour Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Seymour Sam Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Cynthia Ornelas
Lakeside Personal Assistant
If you need some assistance, please call me at 331-075-2479
https://www.chapala-pa.com/

(Below just some of their services)

Airport/Bus Station (drop-off or pickup)
Driving to Guadalajara for appointments or shopping
Pet sitting (my house or yours)
House sitting
Utility bills - drop off your payments
Grocery shopping
Pick up of specialty items at Costco, Sam's, Office Depot, Home Depot and other places in Guadalajara (weekly trips)
Managing rental property
Creating web pages for houses for rent or sale
Computer work (MS Office)
Fax to USA - sending or receiving

Seymour Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down