INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patisserie Francaise

5 posters

Go down

Patisserie Francaise Empty Patisserie Francaise

Post by Bubba2shoes Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:52 pm

This French bakery in West Ajijic continues to amaze me with a selection of outstanding baked goods including the best bagettes and croissants Bubba has found this side of France along with a variety of sweet and savory bakery goods and breakfast and luncheon items including sandwiches. We have lived in Mexico full time both here at Lakeside and in San Cristobal de Las Casas in the Chiapas Highlands (noted for its restaurants and baked goods offerings) and the proprietors of this fine French bakery prepare the best patesserie foods I have ever found anywhere I have resided or traveled in Mexico. Their truly excellent croissants along with a variety of coffee offerings enjoyed al fresco at their outdoor cafe seating area will conjure memories of breakfasts in Paris.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Patisserie Francaise Empty Re: Patisserie Francaise

Post by Clete Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:20 pm

San Cristóbal noted for its restaurants? Since when did this happen? A couple of decent pastry shops and you can get a good pizza but other than that it doesn't impress.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:00 pm

isnt that the truth clete.. You can get better food in Tuxtla than in San Cristobal.. The food at the 5 de Mayo market in Tuxtla beats the heck out of anything in San Cristobal..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:34 pm

Bubba said noted for its restaurants, not noted for its "mighty fine restaurants". The large number of restaurants in San Cristobal's centro cater primarily to tourists and proffer mediocre fare since locals largely have no money. As in the Lake Chapala area, there are far more restaurants and bakeries than there are good cooks or discerning palates among patrons in San Cristobal. That is why I praise Patisserie Francaise - the excellent bake shop and exception to the rule at Lake Chapala. There is also a good patisserie on the Andador in Central San Cristobal also run by French proprietors but I am in Ajijic at present and, being of the Third Age and in my dotage, I can't remember its name.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:36 pm

The patisserie in San Cristobal is not as good as the one in Ajijic and it is called oh la la,

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:46 pm

The French Pastry place in West Ajijic really is a gem. I've been over-indulging there for the last month based on previous recommendations. I've eaten so many of their excellent croissants and tarts, I'm almost tired of them. Need to take a break so I can re-appreciate. (I've also been to the otherwise fine one in San Cristóbal, but only a couple of times, as I was only there for a week.)

Last edited by Rosa Venus on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Love Patisserie Francaise. Super lovely people. They get up very early to make us happy.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:12 pm

In France bakers who make croissants work at night so people can have bread and croissant for le petit dejeuner..It is one of the drawback of the job...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum