INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tequila Distillery Tours

+2
CanuckBob
SunFan
6 posters

Go down

Tequila Distillery Tours Empty Tequila Distillery Tours

Post by SunFan Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Other than Charter Club Tours on Tuesdays are there any other organized distillery tours ideally leaving from Lakeside?t
TIA
SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Tequila Distillery Tours Empty Re: Tequila Distillery Tours

Post by CanuckBob Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Not that I am aware of. We took the Charter Club Tour many years ago and found it to be quite good.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by rckrckr Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Viajes Ajijic arranges tours to Tequila customized to fit the client's needs - you choose the day, any special sights, distillery. Cuervo (rather industrial) or Herradura (big but old character) are standard but they would probably do other, more artisanal operations if asked. Pick up/drop off is at your home or hotel. Four of us did this last month and all were very pleased. The cost was less than what Charter offers.

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Our friends took a Tequila tour out of Guadalajara that they said was excellent. They got special access to areas usually off limits to most tour groups. It originated out of Guadalajara, though, not Ajijic travel agents. I will take a tour next time - we drove through that area last week and the tequila trail is not well marked and it is confusing - very different than a wine tour in the USA where the wineries and their tasting rooms are well marked. Also, I can recommend the Hacienda El Carmen to everyone. An old, beautifully restored hacienda with a spa on the grounds and gourmet restaurant and very reasonably priced ($80 per night). It is 5 km from Teuchitlan and Guachimontones. Want to ride a horse? They are saddled and ready for guests to ride. Small pond with paddle boats. Mountain bikes available and included as part of your cost. Pool and hot tub. This is a beautiful place and so close that everyone should give it a try. It is really a taste of old Mexico and only 1 1/2 hours from here.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:54 am

Thx WDBarr. Sounds great.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:02 am

WDBarr wrote:Our friends took a Tequila tour out of Guadalajara that they said was excellent. They got special access to areas usually off limits to most tour groups. It originated out of Guadalajara, though, not Ajijic travel agents. I will take a tour next time - we drove through that area last week and the tequila trail is not well marked and it is confusing - very different than a wine tour in the USA where the wineries and their tasting rooms are well marked. Also, I can recommend the Hacienda El Carmen to everyone. An old, beautifully restored hacienda with a spa on the grounds and gourmet restaurant and very reasonably priced ($80 per night). It is 5 km from Teuchitlan and Guachimontones. Want to ride a horse? They are saddled and ready for guests to ride. Small pond with paddle boats. Mountain bikes available and included as part of your cost. Pool and hot tub. This is a beautiful place and so close that everyone should give it a try. It is really a taste of old Mexico and only 1 1/2 hours from here.

I am not sure where you got your exchange rate but at today's Banco de Mexico rate, 2040 pesos per night equates to 108USD. 80USD equates to 1510 pesos or about 35% less than you quoted. I really wish that people would quote pesos (we are in Mexico) and let readers do their own conversions appropriate to the current time.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:28 am

I don't know where you got that price in pesos as I did not say that I spent 2040pesos. I book my hotel stays through hotels.com so got a much better price than what you quote. Also, after ten stays you get a free night and they are really good about crediting you for that night. We stayed during the week so perhaps that is why we got a better rate - this may not hold true for those from countries with weaker currencies - so sorry about that.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:18 am

WDBarr wrote:I don't know where you got that price in pesos as I did not say that I spent 2040pesos. I book my hotel stays through hotels.com so got a much better price than what you quote. Also, after ten stays you get a free night and they are really good about crediting you for that night. We stayed during the week so perhaps that is why we got a better rate - this may not hold true for those from countries with weaker currencies - so sorry about that.

Today's rate is 2040pesos as per their web site. If you can do better than that OK but that is the rate they quote. When you walk in cold to the reception you are not going to get Hotel.com rates.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down