INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where else to get car washed and waxed near Ajijic?

+9
Carry Bean
elgringo
Rosa Venus
CanuckBob
suegarn
gringal
Canmex 87
RVGRINGO
sm1mex
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where else to get car washed and waxed near Ajijic? Empty Where else to get car washed and waxed near Ajijic?

Post by sm1mex Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:20 pm

know of the car wash place on the libramiento by the fish taco place and it is excellent, but we tried to get in there but it had a long waiting line of cars and the wait to get the car washed and waxed was way too long to sit at one of the restaurants to eat.  I thought there was another place east of Ajijic on the mountain side but it looks like it is gone.  Is there any other place, maybe less busy to get a car washed and waxed? I don't need the car detailed.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where else to get car washed and waxed near Ajijic? Empty Re: Where else to get car washed and waxed near Ajijic?

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Surtiwash, on Madero in Chapala was our first choice ever since they opened. Great job inside and out. You can shop nearby and pick up your car at your convenience. Or, you can sit in their glass waiting room and watch the activity, or even browse in the bookstore at the front of the building. I hope it is all still there, as we have been gone awhile now.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where else to get car washed and waxed near Ajijic? Empty Re: Where else to get car washed and waxed near Ajijic?

Post by Canmex 87 Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:Surtiwash, on Madero in Chapala was our first choice ever since they opened. Great job inside and out. You can shop nearby and pick up your car at your convenience. Or, you can sit in their glass waiting room and watch the activity, or even browse in the bookstore at the front of the building. I hope it is all still there, as we have been gone awhile now.

Surtiwash have moved and are now on Pepe Guizar just west of the highway to Mezcala.

There is also an excellent car wash across from the Pemex in Chapala.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Is the Pemex mentioned the old one near Soriana or the new one going towards Guadalajara?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:16 pm

sm1mex wrote:Is the Pemex mentioned the old one near Soriana or the new one going towards Guadalajara?

The original Pemex near Soriana.
You turn right at the Pemex and its on your right directly across from the Pemex.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:07 pm

I'm a little confused. If you turn right at the Pemex, isn't there a big field on the right where they used to have the circus when it came to town?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:11 pm

sm1mex wrote:I'm a little confused. If you turn right at the Pemex, isn't there a big field on the right where they used to have the circus when it came to town?

Just past the vacant lot and across from the Pemex.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:15 pm

Gracias

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:00 pm

sm1mex wrote: know of the car wash place on the libramiento by the fish taco place and it is excellent, but we tried to get in there but it had a long waiting line of cars and the wait to get the car washed and waxed was way too long to sit at one of the restaurants to eat.  I thought there was another place east of Ajijic on the mountain side but it looks like it is gone.  Is there any other place, maybe less busy to get a car washed and waxed?  I don't need the car detailed.

There's a car wash we use located two doors to the west of Roberto's Restaurant in Ajijic. It usually isn't too busy and lunch at Roberto's while it's happening is about the right amount of time to get the wash job done. The food is not outstanding, but the menu is varied and the prices reasonable.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:14 pm

gringal wrote:
sm1mex wrote: know of the car wash place on the libramiento by the fish taco place and it is excellent, but we tried to get in there but it had a long waiting line of cars and the wait to get the car washed and waxed was way too long to sit at one of the restaurants to eat.  I thought there was another place east of Ajijic on the mountain side but it looks like it is gone.  Is there any other place, maybe less busy to get a car washed and waxed?  I don't need the car detailed.

There's a car wash we use located two doors to the west of Roberto's Restaurant in Ajijic.  It usually isn't too busy and lunch at Roberto's while it's happening is about the right amount of time to get the wash job done. The food is not outstanding, but the menu is varied and the prices reasonable.

Kind of a passive-aggressive way of dissing Roberto's? I've been to Roberto's a few times, and I think it's quite good.....

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:19 pm

"Passive aggressive"? Please leave the shrink terms to the shrinks.

I used to be a huge fan of Roberto's and was very disappointed when the quality stopped hitting the mark.  That happened during Omar's tenure.  The ingredients were no longer the best, so no, it is no longer among the top places in town, but that's just one person's opinion.  Yours is different.
Robert himself is a fine chef.  Enough said.

Last edited by gringal on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:20 pm

I get mine washed and waxed by the guy (Jesus) who comes to my door twice a week.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:28 pm

gringal wrote:"Passive aggressive"? Please leave the shrink terms to the shrinks.

I used to be a huge fan of Roberto's and was very disappointed when the quality stopped hitting the mark.  That happened during Omar's tenure.  The ingredients were no longer the best, so no, it is no longer among the top places in town, but that's just one person's opinion.  Yours is different.

Not sure if Omar is still there.....never met him and no idea who he is, but when Roberto's Restaurant is number 17 out of 105 restaurants in Ajijic on Trip Advisor, I think I'll take other people's opinions over yours, thank you very much!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:33 pm

I use the fellow in the garage behind El Torito. I don't (ever) ask for a wax....my car is ten years old! But he does a good job inside and out otherwise, for a very reasonable price. Plenty to do nearby and places to eat, etc.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:44 am

Raffa, on highway in Riberas by the Baptist Church, just east across from Ladron the vet. His guys are excellent and very honest. Never have them going thru the console or car.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:41 am

suegarn wrote:
gringal wrote:"Passive aggressive"? Please leave the shrink terms to the shrinks.

Not sure if Omar is still there.....never met him and no idea who he is, but when Roberto's Restaurant is number 17 out of 105 restaurants in Ajijic on Trip Advisor, I think I'll take other people's opinions over yours, thank you very much!

People are entitled to have a different opinion from yours. Why are you always looking for a fight?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:15 am

suegarn wrote:

I think Omar and Robert dissolved their partnership officially a year or more ago.  When Robert was ill, Omar was pretty much running the place and I noticed immediately that the cooking oils were cheapened, as was the quality in general.
As a for instance, the cooking oils for the popular carrot fritters weren't changed as often as they should have been, and one got served nearly black ones.  It's all better since Robert is back.

My taste buds, not Trip Advisor, are my number 1 food critic. YMMV.

Beer

Last edited by gringal on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:19 am

Carry Bean wrote:
suegarn wrote:

People are entitled to have a different opinion from yours.  Why are you always looking for a fight?

I have no idea why SueGarn chose to be insulting.  It's just a restaurant opinion, and she's certainly entitled to hers.

Last edited by gringal on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:20 am

Gringal and her husband have been regulars at Roberto's as long as I've eaten there so I think she's earned her opinion.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:22 am

Luisa wrote:Gringal and her husband have been regulars at Roberto's as long as I've eaten there so I think she's earned her opinion.

Thank you. We have known and liked Robert since back when he was the owner and chief chef on the lakefront.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:28 am

But does he wash and wax cars...........Jaja?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:31 am

CanuckBob wrote:But does he wash and wax cars...........Jaja?

Therein lies the rub....or lack of it.
Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:54 am

But Jesus does not bring Bob carrot fritters so I guess it evens out.  Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:22 am

He would if I asked him to..... Very Happy
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:51 am

I think the car wash mentioned west of Roberto's has been closed for a while. It has a for sale sign on it.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next