INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too lazy to pay my taxes and car registration

+14
conejorapido
zenwoodle
RVGRINGO
Clueless
Trailrunner
slainte39
lucky
Intercasa
cajunman
Gamina
viajero
David
CanuckBob
confused
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Too lazy to pay my taxes and car registration Empty Too lazy to pay my taxes and car registration

Post by confused Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:10 am

I am a very lazy person and will, when there is an affordable alternative, do anything to avoid standing in line to do something. So... last year I paid a young Mexican fella I know to pay my car registration and home taxes. I thought I would call him to do it again this year.

Problem is my car is with me, at the beach..... many states away from Jalisco. What does he need to pay for the registration? Can I just send him a copy of last years to take with him? Thank goodness most things can be done on line....

Wait.... can I do either of these things on line? Would they just send me the stickers in the mail.

Oh... I wish I had an American pension so I could use those extra pesos for a house boy. Love Mexico.

confused

Back to top Go down

Too lazy to pay my taxes and car registration Empty Re: Too lazy to pay my taxes and car registration

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:35 am

I believe he just needs your license plate number. Nothing else.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Too lazy to pay my taxes and car registration Empty Re: Too lazy to pay my taxes and car registration

Post by David Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:43 am

To pay property taxes you need to present last year's tax bill or your deed. FYI to all: Spencer's office provides this service at a very reasonable price.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by confused Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:05 am

Thanks... I will use Spencer's office.

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:39 am

confused wrote:
Oh...   I wish I had an American pension so I could use those extra pesos for a house boy.   Love Mexico.

House boy?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:13 pm

house boys are very popular in Asia
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cajunman Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:26 pm

You can also pay property taxes with file number or address and name

cajunman

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:44 pm

My office will make payments for people, car registration, taxes and water. We have done it for years and do it for many who are NOB.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:10 pm

For the past couple of years, i have had my friend/contractor/pool guy Antonio's wife pay the car registration for my vehicle and three of my friends' vehicles here in Joco. All she needed was the license plate number.

She has also paid the taxes/water for my two friends (i just rent), but they have given her the previous year's bills. (Oh, BTW, the tax/water bills are to be paid at a new office this year in Joco. No longer on the Plaza, but almost directly across Hidalgo from the old Banamex building.)

What i like best about this deal is that Nanci gets to make some money of her own to use as she sees fit, and since she walks to the offices she doesn't have to worry about parking which can be a problem in Joco at this time of the year (it's patronales time).

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Gamina wrote:house boys are very popular in Asia
Probably in Puerto Vallarta too...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:39 pm

You can pay the vehicle refrendo at almost any bank in Jalisco with only the number of your placas.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:16 am

True. You can also pay at OXXO and on the sepaf.jalisco.gob.mx website. BUT you won't handed the tags and new paperwork. I imagine you'll have to wait to get it in the mail or something. I just did it in Chapala, it took about a half hour, and I left with the tags and new reg. There were plenty of chairs - you play musical chairs every time someone goes up to the window, 3 tellers, line went fast, everyone was nice and the atmosphere was friendly. It was painless.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:03 am

slainte39 wrote:You can pay the vehicle refrendo at almost any bank in Jalisco with only the number of your placas.

How do you get the sticker/paperwork?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:49 am

In the mail....maybe, possibly someday, or never, or some future mañana if you are one of the lucky ones.
I suggest doing it in person at the recaudadora and getting the tarjeta de circulacion in hand and putting it on your car that day. Done!

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:39 pm

I did it online twice. Never received anything in the mail and had to go to Chapala to pick up the sticker.
Now I just skip the online part. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:39 am

zenwoodle wrote:I did it online twice. Never received anything in the mail and had to go to Chapala to pick up the sticker.
Now I just skip the online part. Beer

Yep, that's exactly what happened to me last year and it took me three trips to the office in Chapala before they actually had my tarjeta. So, like you, I"m just skipping the on line part now, je je je.

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:09 pm

I use my house boy, who also serves as my husband. If I didn't use him I would use Spencer.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:14 am

You walk into the office show them last year registration or just plate number. They check if you have any unpaid radar camera speeding tickets and if none you pay the bills and they hand you a new window sticker and registration card. Pay attention the card and sticker are a little hard to understand how to get loose from the paper.  Only thing that changed is they want you to put sticker on back window but if you do that you can't get old stickers off without ruining the defroster wires on many cars not that you need a rear defroster here.  This is one easy task and requires no skill but a little patience waiting but I am sure Spencer does a great job if you don't want to do this.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:15 am

No, I meant that I would use Spencer as my house boy, I can pay my own taxes and registration.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Luisa wrote:No, I meant that I would use Spencer as my house boy, I can pay my own taxes and registration.
LOL, ...down girl, he just may take you up on it!

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:27 am

RVGRINGO wrote:In the mail....maybe, possibly someday, or never, or some future mañana if you are one of the lucky ones.
I suggest doing it in person at the recaudadora and getting the tarjeta de circulacion in hand and putting it on your car that day. Done!

RV. The tarjeta de circulacion is the card you need to carry if stopped by the Vialidad. It is not fixed to your window. The renewal sticker is.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:35 am

Re: Tarjeta de Circulacion.
I said to put it IN your car, not stick it on the window. If you have more than one driver, and only one card, that solves the problem of being able to find the tarjeta when you need it. Basta

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:48 am

Oh boy!!....in vs. on.....LOL....how about "under".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Is English your second language, or are you still working on it?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:22 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:Is English your second language, or are you still working on it?

Yes and yes.  How am I doing, maestro?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next