INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethan Couch, the "Affluenza" teen

+13
mattoleriver
brigitte
RVGRINGO
Intercasa
espíritu del lago
Trailrunner
Lady Otter Latté
sm1mex
viajero
David
gringal
Luisa
Ms.Thang
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ethan Couch, the "Affluenza" teen - Page 2 Empty Re: Ethan Couch, the "Affluenza" teen

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Oh, I see he isn't in Jail actually, but an immigration detention center...maybe that is a lot more pleasant. And money can probably make things even more comfy.

They were staying in a dump in PV.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ethan Couch, the "Affluenza" teen - Page 2 Empty Re: Ethan Couch, the "Affluenza" teen

Post by sm1mex Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:24 pm

I looked up the immigration detention center and the first link was about this kid. They have their own room and bed at the center.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:35 pm

What happens if he stays in Mexico until his 18th birthday? Does he skip going into a home for juveniles? Amparos can take 3 months from wht I hear so it may just work out for him no?
Mommie I would think will be a differnt story but he may get lucky again.. what a little creep this kid is, Imagine being part of the lucky sperm club and wasting your life like that. What a shame .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:58 pm

LOL "The luck sperm club. . ."
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Hopin' he goes to the big house and gets inducted into the lucky sperm club there. Ethan Couch, the "Affluenza" teen - Page 2 501432 Ethan Couch, the "Affluenza" teen - Page 2 851398
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:55 pm

I was just interviewed for tomorrows Good Morning America, will be interesting to see how this case pans out in the end.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Ethan Couch, the "Affluenza" teen - Page 2 944080_10156425337945204_4663854309886120119_n
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:17 pm

That's so cool! I hope we get to see the interview.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:32 am

Ah as Andy Warhol said everybody gets there 15 minutes of fame in life. Spencer now had his.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:41 am

I think there will be much more fame for Spencer in his career. And well-deserved too.

Looks like you said something, umm, controversial or you hit a nerve there. . .the interviewer guy trying to make a point and the guys on the left snarkeling. Love the cameraman.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:48 am

Trailrunner wrote: Love the cameraman.
Love their shoes,all of them...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:21 am

Is there some where we can see this video. Missed it today.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:34 am

He went to a strip club and they had to wake his mommy up to pay his bill. Wow, if it's true.

I wonder what happened to their dog?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3379903/Mother-affluenza-teen-arrives-LA-handcuffs-driven-away-unmarked-Sedan-Mexico-granted-killer-son-temporary-stay-against-extradition.html

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:10 pm

This is interesting:

MEXICO CITY — A Texas teen known for using an "affluenza" defense in a fatal drunken-driving accident is being held at a Mexico City immigration detention center in one of the capital's poorest areas, where he will likely spend weeks, if not months, as he appeals deportation.

In the meantime, Ethan Couch is being held at the Agujas immigration detention center, where the official said he will have no special privileges such as the ones high profile criminals can sometimes buy in Mexican prisons.

Couch's wealthy upbringing may not prepare him for the center's common sleeping areas and bathrooms, and concrete wash basins for hand-washing clothes.

The white-washed, high-fenced facility usually houses several dozen immigrants, mainly Central Americans.

Couch will sleep on a cot or bunk in a semi-open bedroom shared with two or three other detainees. Unarmed immigration guards patrol the unit, and a closed-circuit camera system is constantly filming in most area other than the common bathrooms. Armed guards are posted at the outside gates and walls.

Along with three meals per day, Couch will have access to watch TV or movies in one of the Spartan common rooms, or go to an outside patio where there is a basketball court and small soccer pitch.

He will have unlimited access to telephones, and access to medical, dental and psychological care.

However, the Mexico City holding center has been the subject of complaints in the past, especially by detainees held there for extended periods of time. Detainees have complained about the quality of the food and harsh discipline.

The teen's mother, Tonya Couch, was jailed in Los Angeles on Thursday after being deported from Mexico.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:20 pm

This should give the over-indulged teen some quality time to think things over, to put it mildly.

This is a classic case of really bad parenting, so the entire family is guilty. A philosophical type said, some years ago "Children are born savages and it's their parents' job to civilize them". These parents failed the most basic task: forcing young Couch to accept the consequences of his actions.
As most of us would agree: had he been poor, black or Hispanic, he wouldn't have seen the outside of a detention center since the date he killed the victims, and all his parents could have done is wring their hands and hope the public defender could be of some help.
If anyone has read about this case and still believes in "equal justice for all", they are blind to reality. $$$ is the Great Equalizer.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:44 pm

Por claro.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:52 pm

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/deportation-delayed-as-couch-wins-amparo/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=couch-amparo

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:47 pm

Spencer; What would you do if you were asked to "defend" the kid here in Mx?

I can't see why the kid would want to stay in Mx rather than go to the U.S.

I would guess that in the U.S., he would be found in violation of probation, serve a short stint in the Hotel Graybar and then probation reinstated, probably with an ankle monitor.

I think it was a travesty that he got such a light sentence.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Im glad I didnt have to decide to defend him or not. Everyone has the right to justice and at times there are cases where attorneys might not want to take them. Usually I can just jack my price and unwanted cases go away. Im sure doctors are in the same situation if a wounded cop killer comes into the ER and they have to save his life but they cant say no quite as easily.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:19 am

Spencer: How did GMA find and contact you?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:24 am

Maybe his decision to fight going back to the U.S. has backfired, now that he is in the hands of the Mexicans in a unit for illegal immigrants. The way it reads, it is not the cushious place in the world

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:32 am

sm1mex wrote:Maybe his decision to fight going back to the U.S. has backfired, now that he is in the hands of the Mexicans in a unit for illegal immigrants.  The way it reads, it is not the cushious place in the world

It has it's ironies: an opportunity to learn something about a different culture, language and level of living, as in the way so many people in the world accept as "normal". ...a different cuisine, for sure. And of course, a much different way of being treated by others. I doubt this lesson will have much effect on his future behavior, but it could. Hope springs. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:59 am

Hard to say, but after some time in a Mexican jail I expect he'll regret the decision to fight extradition!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:48 pm

I think so and if he is not fluent in Spanish, I doubt they will speak English to him even if some of them know English. What goes around, comes around.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:57 pm

THe maniac sociobath who killed the American girl and then the Peruvian girl is in a nasty Peruvian jail wher he is doing fine so you never know but these sociopath adapt pretty well. If the kid has access to money via his lawyer he will buy himself some friends in jail or he will get hurt..you just never know.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:47 pm

I don't think his family has the kind of money that buys a cushy lifestyle in a Mexican jail. I believe his mother's house was valued at $340,000 USD. That is not the house of a wildly rich person.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next