INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Individual Spanish Lessons

2 posters

Go down

Individual Spanish Lessons  Empty Individual Spanish Lessons

Post by WDBarr Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:10 pm

I wanted to recommend a friend who is offering individual and small group Spanish lessons in Riberas del Pilar. Some of you may know Lulu, who used to work at LCS. Her lessons are tailored for you, and move at your own pace. We like her teaching style because she incorporates a lot of translation of ancient Meso-American myths and lessons in Mexican culture. We can highly recommend these lessons. If you send me a PM I will forward to LuLu to get in touch with you.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Individual Spanish Lessons  Empty Re: Individual Spanish Lessons

Post by brigitte Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Where is she from? What is her educational background?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:22 am

brigitte wrote:Where is she from? What is her educational background?

She was the main instructor at LCS for a number of years and before that, a teacher in the Mexican Schools. She has multiple certifications and is an excellent instructor. I can highly recommend her. Group classes are fine for beginners, but those who want to get really serious about learning the language would do well to invest in individual lessons. These lessons do not use the Warren Hardy books, though she is certified in that method as well.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:03 am

Is she Mexican? I am looking for someone who can teach me business wriiting as I have to deal with the government , I really do not even need a Spanish teacher but a business writing person, who does not need to speak English and yes it ould be individual.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:52 am

brigitte wrote:Is she Mexican? I am looking for someone who can teach me business wriiting as I have to deal with the government  , I really do not even need a Spanish teacher but a business writing person, who does not need to speak English and yes it ould be individual.

She is a university educated Mexican. I think she would be more competent than most to advise you on business writing in Spanish.

However, if she cannot, I am sure she will refer you to someone who can help you. We were at a gathering recently with a number of Spanish language teachers, any one of whom may be able to help you.

Send me a PM with your email address if you want to pursue this further and I will send it on to her. As far as language instruction is concerned, we are very happy with her methods.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:58 am

Thank you I will PM you when I come back from my trip in a few weeks.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:37 pm

BTW, I have found these videos on word use very interesting. This woman is in Baja California, unfortunately, but she makes informative videos of Mexican colloquialisms available to everyone. A class with her would be a blast.

https://www.facebook.com/AireFrescoSpanishTeaching/timeline

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:28 am

Lulu Ramos is the name of the Spanish teacher. She is in Riberas del Pilar and offers lessons from her home. The cost is 100pesos/1.5 hour/ lesson  tailored to your ability. She has given permission to post her phone number, 331-771-3891 (cell).

We have added reading about the history of Mexico (in Spanish) and translation of folk tales and ancient myths to our study of grammar and vocabulary, which has enhanced  our understanding of the Mexican culture. If your New Year's Resolution is to learn to speak Spanish - or improve your language skills, then lessons with Lulu are a great way to meet that goal.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down