INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendation for THE Best real estate agent Lakeside

+16
Fastfox
artesialulu
DolceVita
shana
SunFan
brigitte
lakeside7
CanuckBob
Playaboy
slainte39
zdogs
Lady Otter Latté
Perritonegro
Gamina
Twonk
Milena
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Recommendation for THE Best real estate agent Lakeside - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendation for THE Best real estate agent Lakeside

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Who would you not use?

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for THE Best real estate agent Lakeside - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendation for THE Best real estate agent Lakeside

Post by slainte39 Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:10 pm

Talk about bobbing and weaving!!!   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:42 pm

And "leading the witness"........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by DolceVita Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Raul Gonzalez, and good luck to you.

DolceVita

Back to top Go down

Post by artesialulu Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Well, it seems to me that they can only qualify as best from either the seller of the buyer but hardly ever from both.
artesialulu
artesialulu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:22 pm

As a retired real estate listing agent from Texas, here is my advice. My specialty was selling expired listings--listings other agents failed to sell.

I can't give you a name although that is what you asked for. I can offer you some knowledge I acquired.

What's important is to pick someone that will be honest with you about:

(1) selling price versus telling you what you want to hear to get your listing
(2) what you need to do to prep your house for sale. Hopefully, that person really knows and is not guessing or using his/her preferences. What I noticed here in looking at photos of listings is that there is too much "stuff" in the houses and no staging has been done. Staging is not decorating.
(3) Need great on line photos.
(4) Is a good negotiator. One trick I used with my sellers is to always hold something back until the end.

One misconception typically is that the listing agent sells the house. Typically, not so as they cannot possibly have every buyer in the area.

Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Fastfox wrote:As a retired real estate listing agent from Texas, here is my advice. My specialty was selling expired listings--listings other agents failed to sell.

I can't give you a name although that is what you asked for.  I can offer you some knowledge I acquired.

What's important is to pick someone that will be honest with you about:

(1) selling price versus telling you what you want to hear to get your listing
(2) what you need to do to prep your house for sale. Hopefully, that person really knows and is not guessing or using his/her preferences.  What I noticed here in looking at photos of listings is that there is too much "stuff" in the houses and no staging has been done.  Staging is not decorating.
(3) Need great on line photos.
(4) Is a good negotiator.  One trick I used with my sellers is to always hold something back until the end.

One misconception typically is that the listing agent sells the house.  Typically, not so as they cannot possibly have every buyer in the area.

Good points, all.
Also, bear in mind that the listing agent makes out no matter who sells the house. They WILL receive a share of the commission.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Exactly.  It does not matter who sells it personally.  Misinformed sellers used to get stuck on this and they thought the listing agent should be the one showing the house when, in fact, it does not matter at all.  What matters is pricing, marketing and that it be shown by the buyer agents.

As a side note, I'm always aghast of the photos where you can see clothes and other personal items scattered and things generally not even picked up...and yet pictures were taken just like that.  My position was that I am hired to solve a problem and my advice is wanted, and taken.  If not, I would not waste my time--and theirs!

Last edited by Fastfox on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Fastfox wrote:Exactly.  It does not matter who sells it personally.  Misinformed sellers used to get stuck on this and they thought the listing agent should be the one showing the house when, in fact, it does not matter at all.  What matters is pricing, marketing and that it be shown by the buyer agents.

As a side note, I'm always aghast of the photos where you can see clothes and other personal items scattered and things generally not even picked up...and yet pictures were taken just like that.  My position was that I am hired to solve a problem and my advice is wanted, and taken.  If not, I would not waste my time--and theirs!

Back in the states, I had a good friend working with real estate people to "stage" houses.  Often, when she suggested that owners "de-clutter", including things like wall to wall family photos, they were offended......not realizing that the potential buyers would rather see a place where they could imagine they own possessions without being distracted.

Around this area, there are the colorful real estate magazines everywhere, and that's often the starting point for buyers.
When I see ads that fail to mention the location of the property, it's poor advertising.  Some buyers ONLY want certain locations.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:18 pm

These issues with sellers taking offense are usually easy to resolve by setting up expectations properly. I used to tell each one that they must detach from the house, stop thinking of it as their home, and see it as a product to be sold.

Yes, I do agree mentioning the area is important so as not to waste a client or agent's time.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Fastfox wrote:Exactly.  It does not matter who sells it personally.  Misinformed sellers used to get stuck on this and they thought the listing agent should be the one showing the house when, in fact, it does not matter at all.  What matters is pricing, marketing and that it be shown by the buyer agents.

I've seen Listing Photos that could have been taken by a Six Year Old....

Check the MLS and look at other listings... when you find listings done the way you would like to see your property shown..
Clean it.. ( includes changing electrical fixtures, switches & plugs, old faucets & toilet seats, etc ) ... paint it... and call the Pros.
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:49 pm

Lots of good points from various respondents, thanks to all. Still don`t have a clue who to call on, though. Some names mentioned as `nice guy`or otherwise leaves me scratching my head. Nice is usually the last aspect of a good salesman. I am thinking more in line of `shark`!

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Post by ddmacleod Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:07 am

We used Chris at Biencom. Karen there is new in the game and works tirelessly for her sales. Good luck!

ddmacleod

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieL Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:34 pm

I'd go with Kevin Collins if I had a house to sell. He's a pro.

MaggieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2