INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excellent New Ajijic Centro Restaurant

+4
hickton
PoCo2012
rckrckr
SLDavis
8 posters

Go down

Excellent New Ajijic Centro Restaurant Empty Excellent New Ajijic Centro Restaurant

Post by tombo Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:39 am

Yesterday we had our second excellent and inexpensive meal at a just-opened restaurant/cafe/gallery in Ajijic Centro. We recommend it! It’s located in the gardens of La Peña de Santos Rico Centro Cultural at Constitucion #16, between Colon and Castellanos (Corona), only about a block from LCS. The friendly people at this family-run place help you feel right at home. The mom, Imelda Orozco, formerly chef at La Una, prepares a variety of classy traditional breakfast and dinner entrees between 8 and 5, every day except Tuesday. The lengthy drinks menu includes espressos, chai, fresh fruit smoothies and juices, beer (local Berber micro-brew!) and wine. The place is beautiful—warm colors on the walls of the covered terrace where we eat, comfortable chairs (which is a big plus for me), paintings and sculptures by local artists. Quiet jazzy music and a gurgling fountain. On the way out, we stopped in at Alejandro Garza’s jewelry gallery and bought a nice bracelet.
tombo
tombo

Back to top Go down

Excellent New Ajijic Centro Restaurant Empty Re: Excellent New Ajijic Centro Restaurant

Post by SLDavis Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:48 pm

I had lunch there today. I had the fish tacos. My friend had an omelet. Both were very good. I was a little concerned being there were no prices on the menu, but the bill was very, very reasonable.

SLDavis

Back to top Go down

Excellent New Ajijic Centro Restaurant Empty Re: Excellent New Ajijic Centro Restaurant

Post by rckrckr Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:28 pm

Breakfast there today. I had chilaquiles rojos, partner the verdes. Both good, the rojos were picosito but not fiery. Very good coffee, good cappuccino, fresh juice. Friendly, attentive service - they seemed genuinely interested in hearing our comments. Nice setting. We were the only customers the entire time we were there; hopefully, more people will give them a try.

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:42 pm

We tried this place yesterday after reading this post. We were not disappointed, even on such a drizzly, dreary day. Food was very good, reasonably priced, with great service (they very much wanted our feedback), in a cozy (even on a cool day) environment, and nice music, kind of jazzy/bluesy. They served Berber Negra beer, which DH very much enjoyed, and a nice white wine, which I enjoyed. They have an extensive coffee menu for both hot and cold coffees of all flavours.
We are looking forward to going back on a nice day and enjoying the garden. They even have a unicorn.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:20 pm

I wondered where all the unicorns went.hadnt seen one in a long time. Will they start breeding them or perhaps put them on the menu. Roasted or grilled?

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:09 pm

rckrckr wrote:Breakfast there today. I had chilaquiles rojos, partner the verdes. Both good, the rojos were picosito but not fiery. Very good coffee, good cappuccino, fresh juice. Friendly, attentive service - they seemed genuinely interested in hearing our comments. Nice setting. We were the only customers the entire time we were there; hopefully, more people will give them a try.

If the owners are open to comments, maybe they will consider posting prices and having the menu posted on one of the web boards. Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:09 am

hickton wrote:I wondered where all the unicorns went.hadnt seen one in a long time. Will they start breeding them or perhaps put them on the menu. Roasted or grilled?

Gasp!....Roasted unicorn?  Shocked   That would be like the Easter Bunny on the menu, or Rudolf; reindeer meat.

It is an adorable, mini unicorn...silver in colour...not very cuddly, though.
Very Happy
The owners were very keen to hear our feedback, and, as I see on TOB, providing some responses to discussions.

Last edited by PoCo2012 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a point about feedback.)
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:42 am

PoCo2012 wrote:
hickton wrote:I wondered where all the unicorns went.hadnt seen one in a long time. Will they start breeding them or perhaps put them on the menu. Roasted or grilled?

Gasp!....Roasted unicorn?  Shocked   That would be like the Easter Bunny on the menu, or Rudolf; reindeer meat.

Very Happy
The owners were very keen to hear our feedback, and, as I see on TOB, providing some responses to discussions.

I saw comments about the La Mesa restaurant, but couldn't find any about this one. Title of thread?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tombo Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:44 am

I see they have a Facebook page now and that their vast drinks menu as well as breakfast and comida offerings are there. Also daily specials and eventos ads, like for the one coming up next Saturday. For FB you can search santosricoaxixic.
tombo
tombo

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:53 am

Someone might suggest to them that geriatric expats may not frequent Facebook, and that they should post on local webs and in paper media too.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:48 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:Someone might suggest to them that geriatric expats may not frequent Facebook, and that they should post on local webs and in paper media too.

Works for me. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Best to do all of the above, as I am quite sure there are more (or at least just as many) geriatric expats using Facebook now a days than cruising these web boards.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:12 pm

gringal wrote:
PoCo2012 wrote:

Very Happy

I saw comments about the La Mesa restaurant, but couldn't find any about this one.  Title of thread?

Same title is here in La Cocina section.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down