INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is that to be considered listenable music?

+9
Playaboy
Smartalex
Zedinmexico
artesialulu
diamondtuffy
gringal
Flamingo
SunshineyDay
WillieRae
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is that to be considered listenable music? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is that to be considered listenable music?

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:48 am

gringal wrote:
SunshineyDay wrote:That's not old --those are just some of the best groups of all time.

I forgot Emerson, Lake and Palmer.  They were fine musicians.
That era produced some greats.

I was more a moody blues guys. ELP was more avant guard music wise for me. All were great musicians!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is that to be considered listenable music? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is that to be considered listenable music?

Post by Playaboy Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:17 am

When I BLASTED Karn Evil 9, Highway to Hell, Tuesday Afternoon, Whole Lotta Love on my 125 watt RMS stereo with 4-way tower speakers with 18 inch woofers, my grandparents cringed and called the noise crap.  

They told me I should listen to the Great American Songbook, that was real music performed by real talented musicians.

A lot of folks around here sound just like my grandparents did 40 years ago.

A great American philosopher, Chris Rock, reminds us that "pretty much whatever music was popular when you started getting laid, you are going to love that music for the rest of your life"

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:42 am

lol!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:35 am

Playaboy wrote:When I BLASTED Karn Evil 9, Highway to Hell, Tuesday Afternoon, Whole Lotta Love on my 125 watt RMS stereo with 4-way tower speakers with 18 inch woofers, my grandparents cringed and called the noise crap.  

They told me I should listen to the Great American Songbook, that was real music performed by real talented musicians.

A lot of folks around here sound just like my grandparents did 40 years ago.

A great American philosopher, Chris Rock, reminds us that "pretty much whatever music was popular when you started getting laid, you are going to love that music for the rest of your life"

Chris Rock was slightly off on that one. I doubt you're still loving to "Highway to Hell".
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:17 pm

I still like AC/DC but at my age I like my loving time to be accompanied by Barry White or Al Green. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:50 pm

Playaboy wrote:I still like AC/DC but at my age I like my loving time to be accompanied by Barry White or Al Green. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw

That's way more like it............enjoy!!
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:39 pm

So Playaboy like the rest of us you mellowed!!!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is that to be considered listenable music? - Page 2 Empty Welcome to the Club

Post by Playaboy Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:49 am

Yes, I mellowed and matured.  I also expanded my tastes in music in all directions.  

Now, I even listen to the music from the "Great American Songbook".  Nate King Cole, Dinah Washington, Frank Sinatra, Ella.  Some great music and artists.  That would have surprised my grandparents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR2dWq4UssE

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:21 am

If we did not mellow classical music and other forms of music would disappear. Some still does disappear. For example talking to Mexico City producer who recorded the last musician who plays "carnival music" in Veracruz.
So I wonder why Bing Crosby crooner music survives but Carnival music in Veracruz goes away?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2