INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CI Banco ATM compromised within the past 5 days

+2
David
phxfunguy
6 posters

Go down

CI Banco ATM compromised within the past 5 days Empty CI Banco ATM compromised within the past 5 days

Post by phxfunguy Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:16 pm

A friend just came by to use my printer to request a new Schwab debit card. He last used it at CI Banco in Interlago Plaza on July 18 or 19th and subsequently over US$1000 of goods were purchased in Georgia (US state) at Home Depot and Lowe's through cloning his card. When he checked the machine today there was a red sign on it and it was out of service. They had let three transactions go through before contacting him even though he has a Mexico travel notice on his account. Fortunately he's not liable for the charges. So anyone who's used that machine lately, check your online account status.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

CI Banco ATM compromised within the past 5 days Empty Re: CI Banco ATM compromised within the past 5 days

Post by David Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Siempre algo!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

CI Banco ATM compromised within the past 5 days Empty Re: CI Banco ATM compromised within the past 5 days

Post by DaveP Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:35 am

phxfunguy wrote:A friend just came by to use my printer to request a new Schwab debit card.  He last used it at CI Banco in Interlago Plaza on July 18 or 19th and subsequently over US$1000 of goods were purchased in Georgia (US state) at Home Depot and Lowe's through cloning his card.  When he checked the machine today there was a red sign on it and it was out of service. They had let three transactions go through before contacting him even though he has a Mexico travel notice on his account.  Fortunately he's not liable for the charges.  So anyone who's used that machine lately, check your online account status.

I have a CI Banco account and every time I use my card I get an email within seconds not matter where I use it. Your friend does not get this?
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:16 am

DaveP wrote:
phxfunguy wrote:A friend just came by to use my printer to request a new Schwab debit card.  He last used it at CI Banco in Interlago Plaza on July 18 or 19th and subsequently over US$1000 of goods were purchased in Georgia (US state) at Home Depot and Lowe's through cloning his card.  When he checked the machine today there was a red sign on it and it was out of service. They had let three transactions go through before contacting him even though he has a Mexico travel notice on his account.  Fortunately he's not liable for the charges.  So anyone who's used that machine lately, check your online account status.

I have a CI Banco account and every time I use my card I get an email within seconds not matter where I use it. Your friend does not get this?

He has a Schwab debit card not a CI Banco account. His card was cloned by a hidden device on the CI Banco ATM so his erroneous charges showed up on his Schwab account. They actually contacted him after the third charge and Schwab does not send you an email each time your card is used. I like that feature of Mexican banks...my Bancomer credit card charges appear as a text message on my phone right after they are made.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:16 am

My Canadian Scotia account sends me an e-mail with every transaction.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Did that card have a chip in it?

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:49 pm

USAA does the same thing. It is a feature I had to "turn on", but well worth it.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:54 pm

jrm30655 wrote:Did that card have a chip in it?
Yes, Schwab cards have chips. The info was apparently read and transferred to a remote device and a card created in Georgia. If it's "run as a credit card" no PIN is required and likely the store employees were part of the scam as far as ID being checked. Interestingly enough, no one else has posted tht they got cloned so far and apparently the machine is back in service.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down