INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Jet

+3
eagles100
Jim W
borderreiver
7 posters

Go down

West Jet Empty West Jet

Post by borderreiver Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Toronto to Cabo - Yeah. Calgary to Huatalco - Yeah. If only Guad.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

West Jet Empty Re: West Jet

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Good Luck Amigo!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by eagles100 Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:49 am

We're trying:

https://www.facebook.com/WestJetGuadalajara?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

I wrote this letter to WestJet and they have responded they are looking into my request.

WestJet
Direct flights into Guadalajara, Mexico from Canada

Tens of thousands of foreigners live in the Guadalajara area, mainly Canadians and Americans but the world is represented here. They reside here either full-time or as snowbirds. Many live in the Lake Chapala area which National Geographic named as having the second best climate in the world and rightfully so. Lake Chapala is the largest lake in Mexico and sits along the beautiful Sierra Madre mountain range.

Many of us expats enjoy flying to Canada. Our families and friends love to visit the surrounding area of Guadalajara to have personal tour guides and spend special times with their loved ones. As one of those expats from Canada, I’m always inviting people here to enjoy the sights, sounds and food where I now call home. Those who have come were definitely impressed. For those who haven’t come yet, one reason stands out: the complete lack of direct flights. For a good percentage of Canadians, this means two, three or possibly even more flights to get to Guadalajara from their respective cities in Canada. When you compare the availability of direct flights to the Caribbean or other areas of Mexico, Guadalajara often loses out which is a real shame for it offers much diversity and culture.

Not everyone is seeking simply the beach. Some tourists want a city adventure as well. In reality, tourists can have both since Guadalajara is a great jumping off point to many coastal regions of Mexico, either by luxury bus or a short flight. WestJet already flies to many beach towns in Mexico.

There is even a local association called the “Canadian Club” and a Royal Canadian Legion in the Lake Chapala area.

For myself, I must take three flights to get to my hometown in New Brunswick, which is on the east coast of Canada, just north of Maine. The only exception to that is during a few months in the winter when WestJet flies directly to Cancun and from there, I can catch a direct flight to Guadalajara, but not on WestJet. But what about the other nine months? And that also means two different airlines with different baggage rules. If WestJet had a direct flight from Canada, let’s say Toronto, that would reduce 1 flight and one less border to cross as it would fly over the United States but not into it. This would be a big time saver and incentive for all who are interested in visiting Guadalajara and the Lake Chapala area.

Guadalajara currently has four properties listed in UNESCO. It also has great shopping with designated districts, amazing architecture, churches, something for everyone. Nearby, there are old ruins and factories that produce tequila.

WestJet, please come to Guadalajara (GDL) and you will see all the support and business you will get from your numerous airline travel fans here. There is even a Facebook page: WestJet needs to fly to Guadalajara. On there, we discuss the need/want for WestJet to have direct flights into Guadalajara. Some even mention how they would fly to Canada more often if there were direct flights.
eagles100
eagles100
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:52 pm

Nice letter however IMO there simply isn't enough Mexicans in Guadalajara wanting to travel to Canada to fill the seats and there certainly isn't enough expats here to do it. Hence the reason that no airliner travels directly to/from anywhere in Canada to Guadalajara. Even the flights to Mexico City via Air Canada are fairly limited. The resort towns are completely different with enough movement back and forth with the tourists to fill the planes.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:07 pm

How about a couple of times a week CB during Dec to End of April??? I agree year round full service is impossible but I also know how much many of you Canadians want to avoid US and all the crap going on.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:10 pm

we can avoid the excited states by busing or flying to pv and then taking westjet.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:How about a couple of times a week CB during Dec to End of April???  I agree year round full service is impossible but I also know how much many of you Canadians want to avoid US and all the crap going on.

Z

Maybe however I just don't see many expats travelling back to Canada on a regular basis and there really isn't enough tourism. The Canadians I know here go back once every two or three years. I fly out of Guadalajara 2 or 3 times per year to various places in the US or Canada and I rarely see any other expats (US or Canucks) on my flights out of Guadalajara whether it is to LA, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix or Salt Lake. Most flights are completely filled with Mexicans.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by eagles100 Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:03 pm

I have family who won't come visit me because it takes 3 flights to get here from New Brunswick.
I travel to NB once per year but would definitely consider going twice if there was a direct flight from let's say Toronto which would bring it down to 2 flights and wouldn't have to enter the US.
eagles100
eagles100
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:01 pm

While I would love to see it too I just don't think the numbers are there. Hopefully Canada will open up the doors to Mexican immigrants or at least make it easier for Mexicans to visit then maybe the numbers will grow.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:32 am

Well we are getting closer........jaja

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/westjet-adds-flight-linking-saskatoon-and-edmonton/ar-AAdBAAx
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Flight from Calgary to PV two weeks ago wuz so packed... couldn't lift a leg ta fart.... I'm sure they were'nt going to enjoy the July beach weather... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down