INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have lived here 10+ years and this has never come up so I'm asking.

+8
Chapalagringa
brigitte
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
Pedro
RVGRINGO
Ezzie
Clueless
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I have lived here 10+ years and this has never come up so I'm asking. - Page 2 Empty Re: I have lived here 10+ years and this has never come up so I'm asking.

Post by Pedro Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:02 pm

escarabajos de hoyos [beetle] holes are not large as the picture shows. so you did already bring us some vermin from chiapas?.
I have lived here 10+ years and this has never come up so I'm asking. - Page 2 Postho10

Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I have lived here 10+ years and this has never come up so I'm asking. - Page 2 Empty Re: I have lived here 10+ years and this has never come up so I'm asking.

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:06 pm

All I can see is FDR on a dime.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:26 pm

I always thought that wuz God!!

Why doesn't it say " In FDR We Trust "
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:59 pm

If you have the post beetle you can either freeze or bake them out. Either way it kills the larva. We bought a vanity from the copper artisans at the Feria de Maestros and a very fine powder started to appear inside the cabinet at it's base. It was white and felt like talcum powder. We contacted the seller and after the 4th promise that they would come to remedy the problem we gave up and started a google search. Because of the the vanity size we decided to bake the piece in our van. Worked like a charm, we parked our van in full sunlight and we still had to boost the temperature with an electric heater and hold it for 4 or 6 hours. We repeated the process twice. Google post beetle and all the information you need should be there. We opted for overkill. Afterwards I put a new coat of varnish on and made sure it penetrated the holes. The adult beetle will lay her eggs on unprotected wood and it is the larva that matures inside the wood and creates the dust as it exits the wood causing a tiny exit hole. This is why protecting the wood from the outside stops the problem from reoccurring.

We also live in an area that has a lot of termites so we decided to take their food away by replacing wood jambs with metal. We have had neighbors who paid a company from Guadalajara to drill holes and inject poison. In 2 years the termites were back!
Maybe they didn't drill far enough, or didn't inject enough poison?

Just our experience for what its worth.

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:58 pm

I think this thread should be moved to the octagon.
Some of the pictures disgust even me. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2