INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there such a thing Lakeside as cable Internet without having to take TV channels w/it?

+4
Tony_In_Mexico
MexicoPete
Zedinmexico
Clueless
8 posters

Go down

Is there such a thing Lakeside as cable Internet without having to take TV channels w/it? Empty Is there such a thing Lakeside as cable Internet without having to take TV channels w/it?

Post by Clueless Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Where?

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is there such a thing Lakeside as cable Internet without having to take TV channels w/it? Empty Re: Is there such a thing Lakeside as cable Internet without having to take TV channels w/it?

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:57 pm

I have Telecable 10 download internet service and no TV. Its 600P per month.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Is there such a thing Lakeside as cable Internet without having to take TV channels w/it? Empty Re: Is there such a thing Lakeside as cable Internet without having to take TV channels w/it?

Post by MexicoPete Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Way to go, Zed. I had always been told and had read in their handouts that you had to have both TV and internet, not just internet.

I'm glad to hear that the option of internet only is available.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:37 am

Yea Pete I was surpised. They even have a sales blurb for internet only.  Don't need TV cause I got Shaw and don't need a land line cause house comes with one. Telecable is much better service wise and quality wise than it use to be.  Still cable goes down more often then DSL from Telmex but it is fast most of the time.  Funny how I think 10 is fast my Mom has 60 and fiber coming into her house but she lives next to Microsoft land.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:01 am

I have internet only through Telmex. Haven't had cable in many years. Waste of money when everything is available for free online.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubia Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Tony, you have internet and NO phone through Telmex? How much a month?

Rubia

Humor : Straight up, slightly dirty, two olives.

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:16 pm

This might be another option - Spider Web, dialup or Wi-Fi. I have no other information at all about them other than this post Rony made on TOB.

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=46179
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:49 pm

I had Telecable 5 for about $300p a month, no TV. But, you have to be sure they serve your residence. I preferred them to Telmex.

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Servicing seems to be the problem in Chapala Haciendas.

Telemex DSL sucks; always going down; very slow a lot of times.

Seems might be only game in town here.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:57 am

Rubia wrote:Tony, you have internet and NO phone through Telmex? How much a month?

I have internet. Phone, as I understand it, is free as long as you don't exceed a certain number of calls, which I never do. I have what used to be the 5mb plan (no idea what it's called now, but I'm getting 10mbps down) and it costs me 599 a month (usually around 610 with... whatever).

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:06 am

Did you try Spider Web? Our computer tech had talked to the owner, he speaks mostly Spanish, the tech mentioned something along the lines that in a new area, if your house was a desirable access point, the Web would install their own antenna from which they could sell access to others in the hood. The cost was low cost or free for 'hosts'.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by natbug Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 am

Does Spider Web connect to Telmex? i read somewhere that all the independent providers have to use Telmex.

natbug
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down