INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying comfortable furniture in Lakeside

+16
RVGRINGO
Canmex 87
martygraw
gringal
slainte39
Trailrunner
juanrey
PoCo2012
Flamingo
Gamina
Zedinmexico
hockables
Ezzie
Rosa Venus
CanuckBob
pamarie
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Buying comfortable furniture in Lakeside - Page 2 Empty Re: Buying comfortable furniture in Lakeside

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:02 pm

I missed the arthritis part, if it was mentioned prior to my post.
I also forgot to mention that finding what you want is much more difficult, and often more expensive, than having what you want made for you locally. We used a couple of furniture makers ten and 13 years ago, but they are no longer there. There are others if you ask around.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Buying comfortable furniture in Lakeside - Page 2 Empty Re: Buying comfortable furniture in Lakeside

Post by pamarie Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:35 pm

I already have a great casita to rent from the family I'm traveling to Mexico with, and they live very close to a bus line and shopping! They met and love my dog, so housing isn't an issue, and the casita is minimally furnished so I can take time to gather new furniture that I will prefer in time. They also will have a car which they may be willing to drive me to shops to look for new furniture if they want to do the same thing.  I can do some walking just not for lonfpg periods of time.

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by the virginian Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:59 pm

I'm still NOB but a quick search found this.
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-482167058-mueble-sofa-de-3-plazas-muy-comodo-_JM

the virginian

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:17 pm

You've got a perfect set up to start, you're going to love it!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Here's the link to the Liverpool website:

http://www.liverpool.com.mx/tienda/

Liverpool is a nice, traditional department store.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:31 pm

When we came down a few years ago, we had our personal, non-replaceable things shipped here. No furniture except for a TV.
We bought two couches and a chair from Placencia, three very good beds from Dormimundo, and had most everything else made for us here by a variety of people.
The whole process of furnishing our home was just another Mexican adventure. Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:27 am

There is a new Facebook group called "BEG, BARTER, BUY & SELL - LAKE CHAPALA, JALISCO, MEXICO" which is run by someone locally. If you use FB just apply for membership and you will see a lot of furniture and other house hold things are for sale. A high end double bed, mattress just sold that was purchased recently and used only one time. Lots of furniture for sale. But you have to be quick. The good stuff reasonably priced goes fast!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:34 am

And there are many thrift shops where people sell their used furniture. One is at the top of this board - Upscale Resale. I just bought an all leather couch and love seat that looks like new. Here is their website but you have to go regularly and check out what they have. Some shops will take you name and what you are interested in and contact you when it comes in. We have many of these charity thrift shops. Here is link to Upscale Resale - http://shopupscale.webs.com/
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:37 am

Used prices are much better in June than say now. Also Barbara Bazaar big sale in August has much better prices than high season. So unless you buy new buy what you need now and get what you want in the off season. Over time we have purchased everything we needed or even wanted at fair prices if you wait and shop.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2