INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on best place for Thanksgiving dinner

+6
Jim W
Zedinmexico
Lady Otter Latté
viajero
Pedro
bimini6
10 posters

Go down

Opinions on best place for Thanksgiving dinner Empty Opinions on best place for Thanksgiving dinner

Post by bimini6 Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Anyone have recommendations on best Thanksgiving dinner? If you know the price, include that also. Thanks!

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Opinions on best place for Thanksgiving dinner Empty Re: Opinions on best place for Thanksgiving dinner

Post by Pedro Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:17 pm

we had cdn thanksgiving dinner at roberto's and since we are typical canuckleheads who aren't cheap we didn't care about the price.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Opinions on best place for Thanksgiving dinner Empty Re: Opinions on best place for Thanksgiving dinner

Post by viajero Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Pedro wrote:we had cdn thanksgiving dinner at roberto's and since we are typical canuckleheads who aren't cheap we didn't care about the price.
Did they have cornbread?

Last edited by viajero on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:54 pm

I didn't ask the price because I am cheap, if it is a good dinner I am willing to pay whatever is asked.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:07 pm

robertos is always good and the breadbasket did have a little bit of corn bread in it. perhaps there will be more fer merkin thanksgiving. it was a 4 course meal. my wife even liked the pumkin pie which she usually doesn't.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:14 pm

I had Canadian Thanksgiving at Panino´s and it was delicious! Turkey with gravy, dressing (especially yummy), mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. No corn bread. I think it was 130 pesos without dessert.
I have had Thanksgiving dinners at La Nueva Posada and they are spectacular. I think they are up to about 280 pesos complete. It is a lovely setting and gracious dining.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Thank you for all the responses! I appreciate the recommendations.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:10 pm

We are going to Go (Pedro's/Peter) for Thanksgiving. New Posada always has a nice spread in the nicest décor.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:33 pm

Turkeys are much easier to buy at Lakeside now. Deb and I have been preparing traditional Thanksgiving meals @ Lakeside since 2006.

We prefer a gathering! Just sayin it is a lot more fun this way for us. We haven't been to a restaurant for prepared holiday food ever. Thumbs up

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:45 pm

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Didja click yer heels? Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Bonding with friends and family during the Holidays trumps Salvador's or Roberto's turkey.

Just Sayin Beer Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:14 pm

And, how much of the cooking/baking will YOU be doing, Mr. Jim? Just askin´. Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:And, how much of the cooking/baking will YOU be doing, Mr. Jim? Just askin´. Very Happy  

Gawd Lady O, I used to do all the cooking, but Deb has banned me from the kitchen......I thought the smoke detector was a timer! Opinions on best place for Thanksgiving dinner 851398
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Uh-huh. I thought so. If I had someone else to do all the cooking and baking I would prefer to eat at home too.
And, who will do the house cleaning before, decorating, table settings, dish washing and house cleaning after? scratch
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Uh-huh. I thought so. If I had someone else to do all the cooking and baking I would prefer to eat at home too.
And, who will do the house cleaning before, decorating, table settings, dish washing and house cleaning after? scratch

I am cooking Thanksgiving Dinner this year with a fabulous dried fruit dressing.    Your post got me spun up, and I invite you to enjoy the festivities........Deb just reminded me......we are in Arizona.....in my mind I am @ Lakeside.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:33 pm

It's the Oil buddy.... don't worry... happens to me all the time Very Happy
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks for thinking of me, Jim!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Deb and all the crew!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:24 pm

hockables wrote:It's the Oil buddy.... don't worry... happens to me all the time  Very Happy

No shit Rhory......it happens to me every day. 4 more weeks....LOL
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Jim I don't know if I'd trust you to cook the turkey right now:) Just saying. Big hug and Happy Thanksgiving to you and Deb.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Jim W wrote:Turkeys are much easier to buy at Lakeside now.    Deb and I have been preparing traditional Thanksgiving meals @ Lakeside since 2006.

We prefer a gathering!   Just sayin it is a lot more fun this way for us.  We haven't been to a restaurant for prepared holiday food ever.     Thumbs up

I'm with you Jim.... eating out means...NO LEFT OVERS!!! Opinions on best place for Thanksgiving dinner 851398

Have a happy one,

Auntie Kippie
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down