INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Shirt Shop for Custom Printed Graphic?

4 posters

Go down

T-Shirt Shop for Custom Printed Graphic? Empty T-Shirt Shop for Custom Printed Graphic?

Post by hkrause Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Have seen the T-shirt shop in Ajijic, near the church. Anybody know if they do custom printed shirts? If so, what do they need for the graphic... photo, graphic file, size? Also, if printing on a medium-dark color, should the graphic have a white border to show up or something? Any other recommended T-shirt shops in the area?

Thanks!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

T-Shirt Shop for Custom Printed Graphic? Empty Re: T-Shirt Shop for Custom Printed Graphic?

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Yes they do custom printed T-shirts. They used a digital file when I had some done...can't remember for sure, but may have been a jpeg file or possibly photoshop. They have a selection of differently colored, blank T-shirts you can choose from to have them printed. There are two different printing processes. Price depends on how many shirts you're ordering, and which process is used. They better process requires a minimum number of shirts, maybe 20 or so?

Without seeing the graphic or knowing what color shirt you intend to use, impossible to recommend how to make it look its best. But they'll have ideas.

I think any local regular print shop can do T-shirts also, but it's nice to go there because you can see and feel the quality of shirt they use. And theirs are nice.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

T-Shirt Shop for Custom Printed Graphic? Empty Re: T-Shirt Shop for Custom Printed Graphic?

Post by Pedro Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:01 pm

we had these t's done at the place beside the golf driving range in chula vista and i supplied this artwork via e-mail.16 units+ for 90 pesos each. the logo is 3 colours on the shirts.
T-Shirt Shop for Custom Printed Graphic? Pants11
T-Shirt Shop for Custom Printed Graphic? Oculto10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:34 am

There two or three printing methods. I think the best is dye sublimation, beautiful colors caused by exploding dye, not little 'spots' of color. It does not like cotton however, they have to be cotton poly mix. Fortunately, the best shirts right now are 100% polyester with a special weave called "dry wick" or "wickaway", it was further popularized by the "Under Armor" company for underwear. It has become the standard for soldiers serving in the middle east. It feels like silk on the skin, and any moisture (sweat!) disperses throughout the whole fabric. It also seems to last forever compared to cotton.

I actually own a dye sublimation color laser printer and heat press, but don't know exactly what I am going to do with it.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks, all. Just trying to get a handful of shirts printed for hubby and myself... something to celebrate the Royals in the World Series. Planning to print on a blue shirt (medium blue), and the design I put together has a transparent background so the blue will show through. I wasn't sure if I needed a full "block" image to print (incl background color), or if they could do the transparency. I guess I'll take two different versions over for the shirt shop to look at. I appreciate all the tips!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down