INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checking pet on flights...I'd rather not

2 posters

Go down

Checking pet on flights...I'd rather not Empty Checking pet on flights...I'd rather not

Post by joyfull Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 am

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024645037_alaskapetsxml.html

joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Checking pet on flights...I'd rather not Empty Here is one of the problems to go with this and other stories about airline "mishaps".

Post by Clueless Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:51 am

joyfull wrote:http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024645037_alaskapetsxml.html

In 1975, the U.S. Congress passed the Airline Deregulation Act which essentially blocked people from suing airlines for anything having to do with "rates, routs and services." Basically, except for personal injuries, the average person has no recourse for much of anything the airline does.

The courts have interpreted that just about anything an airline does relates to "services." The only recourse is a complaint to the U.S.D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) and then the DOT only uses it for statistical purposes.

I know this because one time a couple of years ago I tried to get some excess value coverage on luggage in Guadalajara. No one knew anything about declaring excess value on luggage even though it said it right on the back of the ticket or someplace. I was told I could bo here-and-there to find out, but there was no time so I passed.

With my good luck, there were no problems with my luggage, but I did want to know more so I looked up stuff and found the information about the 1975 legislation and my mind was jogged when I read the article from the link.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down