INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving straight through San Luis Potosi

3 posters

Go down

Driving straight through San Luis Potosi Empty Driving straight through San Luis Potosi

Post by Mainecoons Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:57 am

We'll be headed north for a spousal knee operation soon and I keep reading that people are finding it faster to drive straight through San Luis Potosi these days rather than use that rather crappy south bypass and then the bypass on the east.

I looked at this on Google earth and it does look like they have created an expressway that goes straight through town, starting at a traffic circle on the south side where the south Periferico crosses. That circle appears to be next to some sort of big sports facility.

To use this route, it looks like you go straight across that circle, get on the limited access road and just follow it and probably signs to Matahuala to the north side of town where the road rejoins the Ruta 57 where the east cuota bypass comes in.

Has anyone done this coming from the south? It would seem to cut off a lot of distance though that very curvy part approaching the circle is probably pretty slow. People say it saves both time and distance. And it saves $15 in tolls as well. That south cuota bypass is so rough these days they should pay us to use it IMO.

Appreciate the feedback from any of you who have actually driven this. Are there any quirks to it when coming from the north side on the return trip?

Thanks!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Driving straight through San Luis Potosi Empty Re: Driving straight through San Luis Potosi

Post by Zea Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:05 am

Last time I was up that way I went through SLP heading north - and I'll definitely go that way next time. Once you get past the traffic circle on the south side of town the road is very well marked. (I remember thinking at the time that they had done an unusually good job with the signage.) We went through late afternoon and I was afraid that there would be congestion, but it was fine.

The squiggly part of the highway south of SLP was an interesting landscape and fun to drive. Maybe slow in a couple of areas, but not extremely so, and a nice change from the long, straight highway.

Zea

Back to top Go down

Driving straight through San Luis Potosi Empty Re: Driving straight through San Luis Potosi

Post by Mainecoons Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:11 am

Thank you Zea. Am I correct in that you cross straight over at the traffic circle (180 degrees)?

How is the road marked? Follow signs to Matahuala?
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zea Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:31 am

Yes, I think you leave the traffic circle at 180 degrees from where you entered.

And I think the signs said Matahuala. Its been a while. The thing is, I hadn't planned to go through SLP and so hadn't looked at the map details. Once I found myself going that way I just went with it, and it was absolutely no problem.

Zea

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:50 pm

The drive thru town has very few stops...straight thru at the roundabout   Very Happy    last May there were a lot of construction zones on the route around the city...
A good portion of the highway south of SLP wasn't on The TomTom Map and our version was 2013... so that must have been brand new as well.
An incredible amount of Heavy Truck Traffic on the highway N
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down