INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there expat, elderly women in a local jail?

+3
viajero
Pedro
confused
7 posters

Go down

Are there expat, elderly women in a local jail? Empty Are there expat, elderly women in a local jail?

Post by confused Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:18 pm

A friend recently asked that we collect and donate the toiletries, that we get from hotels, to a woman who is gathering them for expat prisoners who are in a local jail.  Apparently, there are several in a jail, not far from Chapala.  Their crimes: drug related.  

I have never heard of any elderly ladies hauled off for drug possession, but she insists its true.  She also said that foreigners are not allowed to possess any pot, unlike Mexican citizens.  

Anyone know if this is true?  In any case I am collecting sundries to donate, and I do not care what prisoners get them.  I am just curious.

confused

Back to top Go down

Are there expat, elderly women in a local jail? Empty Re: Are there expat, elderly women in a local jail?

Post by Pedro Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:50 pm

sounds fishy. laws in this country generally apply to everyone.those that i know that take part in indulgence,rejoiced when whacky weed, coke, heroin,etc. were made legal here in small amounts. generally families take care of criminals in gaol. there are plenty of deserving families that aren't criminals that could use your donations.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Are there expat, elderly women in a local jail? Empty Re: Are there expat, elderly women in a local jail?

Post by viajero Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:04 pm

They're probably in the Puente Grande prison.There are a number of foreigners there mostly for drug related offenses.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:16 pm

While none of the common recreational drugs are "legal" many of them have been "decriminalized" for possession of personal amounts. I believe a civil fine can still be imposed for possession, just no criminal charges. This would apply for anyone in Mexico. I highly doubt anyone is in there for a personal amount of anything. They are likely involved at a higher level (no pun intended). If you can't do the time don't do the crime........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:59 pm

confused wrote:A friend recently asked that we collect and donate the toiletries, that we get from hotels, to a woman who is gathering them for expat prisoners who are in a local jail.  Apparently, there are several in a jail, not far from Chapala.  Their crimes: drug related.  

I have never heard of any elderly ladies hauled off for drug possession, but she insists its true.  She also said that foreigners are not allowed to possess any pot, unlike Mexican citizens.  

Anyone know if this is true?  In any case I am collecting sundries to donate, and I do not care what prisoners get them.  I am just curious.

Local jail would be the smallish prison near San Nicolas. I used to go out, with a friend who had to sign in every week, for about a year..and yes, for testing positive for drugs (pot). Rebecca of the prison doll project, who was in Puente Grande for several years, would know of other expat women in the prison if there are any as she is still quite connected. I've not heard lately of any foreigner in the Chapala jail. But yes, they do use it to house expat women for various reasons, usually vehicular accidents...for one to three nights. There's a little room with the dirtiest mattress I have ever seen, that everyone in the station has to pass through, to go to the bathroom, or smoke outside, whatever. Hardly quiet or private, but the treatment has always been kind.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:18 pm

The laws changed a couple of years ago. No one is going to jail for testing positive to pot any longer (unless of course it involves a driving offense) which is probably one of the reasons they changed the laws.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:13 pm

confused is asking about elderly women. How old do you need to be counted as elderly? 80ish? 90ish?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:00 pm

The younger you are, the younger "elderly" is. For some people "elderly" is 50.

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:09 pm

50!!! lololol
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:25 pm

When my granddaughter was about 8, she asked me how old I was. I told her I was 55. Her eyes grew wide and she said (with some admiration), "Wow, Nana, you are almost dead!"

Beer 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:58 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The laws changed a couple of years ago. No one is going to jail for testing positive to pot any longer (unless of course it involves a driving offense) which is probably one of the reasons they changed the laws.

Yes, you're correct, and there was an accident and a very slight
slight injury involved, and thus a reason they tested for drugs.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down