INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profeco finds problems with 18% of Pemex stations checked

+2
viajero
Kiri
6 posters

Go down

Profeco finds problems with 18% of Pemex stations checked Empty Profeco finds problems with 18% of Pemex stations checked

Post by Kiri Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:00 am

Profeco finds problems with 18% of Pemex stations checked

Over a period of five years, Profeco found that 29% of 7,987 gas stations checked were selling incomplete litres of fuel. The stations were subsequently fined.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/profeco-finds-problems-18-pemex-stations-checked/
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Profeco finds problems with 18% of Pemex stations checked Empty Re: Profeco finds problems with 18% of Pemex stations checked

Post by viajero Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:37 am

Just based on my personal experiences I would have thought those figures would be higher.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Profeco finds problems with 18% of Pemex stations checked Empty Re: Profeco finds problems with 18% of Pemex stations checked

Post by Intercasa Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:44 am

Profeco finds problems with 18% of Pemex stations checked COM_gasolinerias_ok
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by lobita Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:10 pm

How can you tell if a station is shorting you? I check the pump numbers, but I've never seen a problem. I assume this means the pumps are calibrated incorrectly, so that they register more than they actually deliver?
lobita
lobita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:21 pm

You usually cannot tell. I only found out once when I filled my motorcycle at the station by Chapala Haciendas and it took 110 pesos and usually 60 pesos would fill it up, it was the only time and station where it cost more than 50 or 60 pesos. They probably have pumps programmed to randomly cheat so as not to get caught although maybe they aren't even that smart.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:17 pm

They didn't find any pumps that were dispensing even a tiny bit over a liter as calculated by the pumps. The franchisees claim the differential is due to a malfunction in the calibration of the pumps.

Smart pumps, company pumps, that only malfunction in favor of THE MAN, and not the public.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by somewhereinmexico Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:50 pm

I have been told the best job to have in mexico is to be a pemex attendant...

They get very creative.....in obregon the attendant ran to another pump and picked up what looked like a freesbe thing...i looked very exited and i left to another gas station. I figured the module would send a signal to pump a different amount of fuel

somewhereinmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down