INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic Artists 50 years ago

5 posters

Go down

Ajijic Artists 50 years ago Empty Ajijic Artists 50 years ago

Post by simpsca Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:18 pm

I found this on Youtube and thought others might find it interesting. this is the link:

Ajijic Artists 50 years ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ1KywY9Plw&NR=1&feature=fvwp

And Fiesta Ajijic 45 years ago (check out the cars) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH-tVARidSw&NR=1&feature=fvwp
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Ajijic Artists 50 years ago Empty Re: Ajijic Artists 50 years ago

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 am

Simpsca, that was a wonderful find! Thanks for sharing! I sent these links to a couple of friends, believe it or not that is the way they remember the village when they first began their Mexico love affair. I was a young boy when my parents first brought me to to Mexico.

flag waver
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:28 am

simpsca wrote:I found this on Youtube and thought others might find it interesting. this is the link:

Ajijic Artists 50 years ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ1KywY9Plw&NR=1&feature=fvwp

And Fiesta Ajijic 45 years ago (check out the cars) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH-tVARidSw&NR=1&feature=fvwp
BUSTED!!! Original post from MEXCONNECT and discussion about inappropriately taking credit for someone else's work. Some call this poster "the queen of plagiarism". You decide. LOL
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:36 am

No it is not the original post from Mexconnect. I went there to check what you are talking about. There is a post on Mexconnect about Ajijic 50 Years ago which is different from the ones I found when I was on Youtube.

It may sound similar but the ones I posted are different videos.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:38 am

By the way, if I find something on another chat board and post it here I try to remember to say where I got it from.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 am

Just pointing out they're outing you on TOB. While the vids seem a bit different, it seems like an awful coincidence that two "different" post re: Ajijic 50 years ago appear on two different boards at roughly the same time. After all, who doesn't know youtube vids are interconnected.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 am

Just get serious and learn how to properly cite your sources.

I try my best to cite properly but after the reviewing information, I have made mistakes. Honestly, with the recent internet legislation it would be in everyones best interest to study up on the subject.

GDZY Lawyer Blog
26 Jan 2011
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/ http://www.gdzylawyer.com/copyright-infringement-lawsuits-affect-individuals-and-businesses/

Copyright infringement lawsuits can affect any one of us — from our friends on MySpace to our employer, to the computer geek down the street. It’s easy to violate copyrights, and you have to watch yourself. The chances are good that you won’t be involved in a major copyright infringement lawsuit, but you still need to ensure you’re following copyright laws.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2322297_online-sources-correct-mla-style.html

Here is an example of how not to properly cite what you post:

What is Copyright?
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) to the authors of "original works of authorship" including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, architectural and certain other intellectual works.
***This protection is available to both published and unpublished works.

Material in the "public domain" is intellectual property that does not come under copyright laws.
Nearly all work before the 20th C. is not copyrighted.

What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarism is the the act of stealing and passing off the ideas, words, or other intellectual property produced by another as one's own. For example, using someone else's words in a research paper without citing the source, is an act of plagiarism.

History of copyright:

First law enacted 1790.
1976 copyright law followed international law, extending copyright for 50 years after death of the author/creator.
On October 27, 1998, President Clinton signed into law the "Sonny Bono Copyright Extension Act," which extends the terms of almost all existing copyrights by 20 years, to provide copyrights in the United States the same protection afforded in Europe. The basic term of copyright protection, the life of the creator plus 50 years, has been increased to life plus 70 years. The term for "work for hire" has been extended from 75 to 95 years.

How long does copyright last?

Works created on or after Jan 1978 - life of author + 70
Work for hire 95 years
The OWNER/manufacturer/creator[but not always the creator ] of the work CAN:
copy the work.
create derivative works based upon the work.
sell, rent, lease, lend copies of the work.
publicly perform literary, musical, dramatic, motion picture and other audiovisual works.
publicly perform sound recordings.
It is not necessary to have a notice of copyright (i.e.: ©️ 1997 Jane Doe) for material to be copyright protected in the U.S. Once something tangible is produced, text, graphics, music, video, etc., it is automatically copyrighted. Sound recordings and some other property use other copyright symbols. Anyone can use the copyright symbol on her or his original work.
The Internet and Copyright:

"The Internet has been characterized as the largest threat to copyright since its inception. The Internet is awash in information, a lot of it with varying degrees of copyright protection. Copyrighted works on the Net include new s stories, software, novels, screenplays, graphics, pictures, Usenet messages and even email. In fact, the frightening reality is that almost everything on the Net is protected by copyright law. That can pose problems for the hapless surfer." ("The Copyright Web site" http://www.benedict.com/)

What is protected on the WWW?
The unique underlying design of a Web page and its contents, including:

links
original text
graphics
audio
video
html, vrml, other unique markup language sequences
List of Web sites compiled by an individual or organization
and all other unique elements that make up the original nature of the material.
When creating a Web page, you CAN:

Link to other Web sites. [However, some individuals and organizations have specific requirements when you link to their Web material. Check a site carefully to find such restrictions. It is wise to ask permission. You need to cite source, as you are required to do in a research paper, when quoting or paraphrasing material from other sources. How much you quote is limited.]
Use free graphics on your Web page. If the graphics are not advertised as "free" they should not be copied without permission.
When creating a Web page, you CANNOT:

Put the contents of another person's or organizations web site on your Web page
Copy and paste information together from various Internet sources to create "your own" document. [You CAN quote or paraphrase limited amounts, if you give credit to the original source and the location of the source. This same principle applies to print sources, of course.]
Incorporate other people's electronic material, such as e-mail, in your own document, without permission.
Forward someone's e-mail to another recipient without permission
Change the context of or edit someone else's digital correspondence in a way which changes the meaning
Copy and paste others' lists of resources on your own web page
Copy and paste logos, icons, and other graphics from other web sites to your web page (unless it is clearly advertised as "freeware." Shareware is not free). Some organizations are happy to let you use their logos, with permission - it is free advertising. But they want to know who is using it. They might not approve of all sites who want to use their logo.
Many aspects of the issue of copyright and the Internet are still not resolved. This information, however, should serve as a useful guide to help you avoid violation of copyright rules and the pitfalls of unknowingly plagiarizing someone else's material. When in doubt, please consult the official copyright rules and guidelines.

Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) to the authors of "original works of authorship" including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, architectural and certain other intellectual works.
***This protection is available to both published and unpublished works.

Material in the "public domain" is intellectual property that does not come under copyright laws.
Nearly all work before the 20th C. is not copyrighted.

What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarism is the the act of stealing and passing off the ideas, words, or other intellectual property produced by another as one's own. For example, using someone else's words in a research paper without citing the source, is an act of plagiarism.

History of copyright:
First law enacted 1790.
1976 copyright law followed international law, extending copyright for 50 years after death of the author/creator.
On October 27, 1998, President Clinton signed into law the "Sonny Bono Copyright Extension Act," which extends the terms of almost all existing copyrights by 20 years, to provide copyrights in the United States the same protection afforded in Europe. The basic term of copyright protection, the life of the creator plus 50 years, has been increased to life plus 70 years. The term for "work for hire" has been extended from 75 to 95 years.

How long does copyright last?

Works created on or after Jan 1978 - life of author + 70
Work for hire 95 years
The OWNER/manufacturer/creator[but not always the creator ] of the work CAN:
copy the work.
create derivative works based upon the work.
sell, rent, lease, lend copies of the work.
publicly perform literary, musical, dramatic, motion picture and other audiovisual works.
publicly perform sound recordings.
It is not necessary to have a notice of copyright (i.e.: ©️ 1997 Jane Doe) for material to be copyright protected in the U.S. Once something tangible is produced, text, graphics, music, video, etc., it is automatically copyrighted. Sound recordings and some other property use other copyright symbols. Anyone can use the copyright symbol on her or his original work.
The Internet and Copyright:

"The Internet has been characterized as the largest threat to copyright since its inception. The Internet is awash in information, a lot of it with varying degrees of copyright protection. Copyrighted works on the Net include new s stories, software, novels, screenplays, graphics, pictures, Usenet messages and even email. In fact, the frightening reality is that almost everything on the Net is protected by copyright law. That can pose problems for the hapless surfer." ("The Copyright Web site" http://www.benedict.com/)

What is protected on the WWW?

The unique underlying design of a Web page and its contents, including:
links
original text
graphics
audio
video
html, vrml, other unique markup language sequences
List of Web sites compiled by an individual or organization
and all other unique elements that make up the original nature of the material.
When creating a Web page, you CAN:

Link to other Web sites. [However, some individuals and organizations have specific requirements when you link to their Web material. Check a site carefully to find such restrictions. It is wise to ask permission. You need to cite source, as you are required to do in a research paper, when quoting or paraphrasing material from other sources. How much you quote is limited.]
Use free graphics on your Web page. If the graphics are not advertised as "free" they should not be copied without permission.
When creating a Web page, you CANNOT:

Put the contents of another person's or organizations web site on your Web page
Copy and paste information together from various Internet sources to create "your own" document. [You CAN quote or paraphrase limited amounts, if you give credit to the original source and the location of the source. This same principle applies to print sources, of course.]
Incorporate other people's electronic material, such as e-mail, in your own document, without permission.
Forward someone's e-mail to another recipient without permission
Change the context of or edit someone else's digital correspondence in a way which changes the meaning
Copy and paste others' lists of resources on your own web page
Copy and paste logos, icons, and other graphics from other web sites to your web page (unless it is clearly advertised as "freeware." Shareware is not free). Some organizations are happy to let you use their logos, with permission - it is free advertising. But they want to know who is using it. They might not approve of all sites who want to use their logo.
Many aspects of the issue of copyright and the Internet are still not resolved. This information, however, should serve as a useful guide to help you avoid violation of copyright rules and the pitfalls of unknowingly plagiarizing someone else's material. When in doubt, please consult the official copyright rules and guidelines.

It is really not that hard to learn and once you know it will become routine.

Ajijic Artists 50 years ago 477249
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 pm

So is Youtube in the Public Domain?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:03 pm

simpsca - I enjoyed your posting the youtube videos here. I watched several of them.

Don't pay attention to the troublemakers here like Demonio. He spews crap on this forum and on Mexconnect too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:05 pm

U.S. Copyright Office
101 Independence Ave. S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20559-6000
(202) 707-3000 or 1-877-476-0778 (toll free)
Revised: 21-Sep-2010

More:
Can foreigners register their works in the United States?

Can foreigners register their works in the United States?
Any work that is protected by U.S. copyright law can be registered. This includes many works of foreign origin. All works that are unpublished, regardless of the nationality of the author, are protected in the United States. Works that are first published in the United States or in a country with which we have a copyright treaty or that are created by a citizen or domiciliary of a country with which we have a copyright treaty are also protected and may therefore be registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. See Circular 38a, International Copyright Relations of the United States, for the status of specific countries.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

All you need to know about copy write in a question and answer format.
Copy Write Law
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:12 pm

simpsca wrote:So is Youtube in the Public Domain?
Read the YouTube "Terms of Service" item 6C and you'll see that YouTube videos are not in the public domain, BUT, YouTube then turns around and allows free use (or misuse) of those same videos. You'll never post a video on YouTube again if you care about your intellectual property because once you post it you've lost it. That is how I interpreted the TOS . Lawyer I am not...
lol!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:19 pm

I know I've seen Youtube linked on many, many, many types of media. I have looked for some videos and they were locked or closed due to some type of infringement - I think it was when someone filmed something they didn't have the right to do and posted it there. But I never knew where to look for the information you quoted above.

So it looks like Youtube, which I link the most often, is incongruous on the public domain issue.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act:
THE LAW

I think, I should become a research librarian..... I might just have a new side line! Is it beer thirty yet? Shocked
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:28 pm

You know, until I hear about people and I mean a lot up people being locked up, I won't lose any Sleep over it just yet!

cheers and Surte
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act:
THE LAW

I think, I should become a research librarian..... I might just have a new side line! Is it beer thirty yet? Shocked

Yes I would say you deserve a beer after all that research. You have no idea how often a little club I belong to has wondered if US copywrite laws extend to Mexico.

Beer
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Ajijic Artists 50 years ago Empty 50 years ago

Post by gvprod Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 pm

My parents whose picture appear in the video where very good friends with John Lee, I also knew Jim Kelly, and his family.

I arrived in Ajijic in 1960, we came from Germany, where my father was stationed with the US Army, my parents, lived the rest of their lifes in Ajijic, they both have passed away and are buried in Ajijic....Eric, was also a great friend of my parents, he owned a 4 door studebaker; back in those days, all the "extranjeros" knew each other and got along pretty good, the "old" posada was their watering hole.......
my Dad use to have a Year News day "open house" and we served grasshoppers all day, even the town priest would show up.
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:07 pm

That is amazing - your parents in the video. Did you know your parents were in this video which is on Youtube? The area has changed a lot in the 11 years I've been here - there was a time I knew most of the residents. Now I go into a restaurant and hardly know anyone.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:08 pm

I did not know about the video, however, John Lee had sent me the 2 pictures that were used, both have the church as background
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:10 pm

how do you think I feel when I go, the stories I could tell you.....
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down