INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle

+10
Jim W
lunateak
SunshineyDay
Zedinmexico
halcon
Pedro
solajijic
brigitte
CheenaGringo
Rolly
14 posters

Go down

Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle Empty Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle

Post by Rolly Mon May 12, 2014 9:22 pm

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Mexico&city1=Ajijic&country2=United+States&city2=Seattle%2C+WA&displayCurrency=USD
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle Empty Re: Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 12, 2014 9:41 pm

And this proves what? Is Seattlle in Mexico or is Ajijic in the US?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle Empty Re: Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle

Post by brigitte Mon May 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Seattle Ajijic?? How about Seattle Guadalajara or Puebla.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Mon May 12, 2014 10:33 pm

What a bunch of hooey.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon May 12, 2014 10:37 pm

what is a seattle?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by halcon Tue May 13, 2014 12:00 am

thanks rolly, it gave me reason to live.......................here !
halcon
halcon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : if it's funny,i laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 13, 2014 8:07 am

My family lives in Seattle the numbers look ok to me. The real estate rental numbers are right on.

Seattle was named after Chief Seattle FYI. It is a very expensive place to live with incredible traffic problems. Nice place to live if you don't have to commute. Weather is horrible. Why people want to live in PNW is beyond me. Great boating place to be fair.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue May 13, 2014 9:00 am

Can't beat the fishing!!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 13, 2014 9:09 am

The seafood s great 1

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 pm

And when the sun DOES shine it's BEAUTIFUL!
Don't forget how green everything is!
 Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle 169387 
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 pm

And when it is raining in Seattle and people are trapped indoors, the techie residents have something to do - create cost of living spreadsheets comparing costs in Seattle to those in Ajijic. Am sure it is at the top of their lists of fun and creative things to do!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue May 13, 2014 3:55 pm

lol! 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue May 13, 2014 4:20 pm

With global warming things are getting much nicer here in Seattle. It's been sunny and above 70 F since I got here a few days ago. It's really quite nice. But give me another week and just maybe it will be in the low 60s and rain, and as Neil remembers very well, I will start bitching :).

On second thought, now that pot is legal here, who cares what the weather is like outside.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue May 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Is there water rationing in Seattle every year?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue May 13, 2014 6:20 pm

MexicoPete wrote:With global warming things are getting much nicer here in Seattle. It's been sunny and above 70 F since I got here a few days ago. It's really quite nice. But give me another week and just maybe it will be in the low 60s and rain, and as Neil remembers very well, I will start bitching :).

On second thought, now that pot is legal here, who cares what the weather is like outside.

Pete, Doesn't matter where you are if you are lighting up indoors......LOL! Have you forgotten how difficult it is to light up a bowl, standing in the rain, "HOLDING an umbrella?"  Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle 633732 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue May 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Jim W wrote:
MexicoPete wrote:With global warming things are getting much nicer here in Seattle. It's been sunny and above 70 F since I got here a few days ago. It's really quite nice. But give me another week and just maybe it will be in the low 60s and rain, and as Neil remembers very well, I will start bitching :).

Pete, Doesn't matter where you are if you are lighting up indoors......LOL!   Have you forgotten how difficult it is to light up a bowl, standing in the rain, "HOLDING an umbrella?"   Some cost comparisons -- Ajijic vs Seattle 633732 

Can you get over the irony of Seattle having some of the highest priced water in the country and Phoenix the lowest?

City Monthly cost for water service of 8,500 gallons
Memphis, Tennessee $14.16
Phoenix, Arizona $16.27
Charlotte, North Carolina $17.52
Dallas, Texas $20.04
Austin, Texas $23.15
Portland, Oregon $23.44
Louisville, Kentucky $23.47
Houston, Texas $26.49
Milwaukee, Wisconsin $27.86
East Bay MUD, Oakland, California $31.13
Atlanta, Georgia $33.60
San Diego, California $37.52
Seattle, Washington $39.75
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 pm

What I'd like to see is a comparison of a "same size" town in Florida.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Wed May 14, 2014 12:28 am

Apples versus oranges... which is the best fruit.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed May 14, 2014 2:48 am

TrueBrit wrote:Apples versus oranges...  which is the best fruit.

I wasn't really looking for opinions... I'd prefer Ajijic....what I would like to see is cost breakdowns like with Seattle.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 14, 2014 7:50 am

arbon wrote:Is there water rationing in Seattle every year?

No gobs of water stored. In the PNW it tends to stop raining around july 4 and starts again sept/oct.  Portland and Seattle both store huge amounts of water and we have no restrictions unless for local reasons. Many smaller cities may have different results due to lack of storage.

Water is expensive for two reasons. One we are spending a fortune to separate storm sewers and sanitary sewers in PNW and also we get no
water subsidies from federal/state government like many places in the desert.  If you think locals in Phoenix or LA pay the total cost in the water bill for moving all that water around one is dreaming. Water which tends in the PNW to include sewer costs is becoming very expensive.
I would pay 120USD a month for water in the summer in Corvallis Oregon. My family pays about the same near Seattle. The days of 20USD water bills are rapidly closing in US.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down