INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHEST X-RAYS/CT SCANS

+2
Lady Otter Latté
Jim W
6 posters

Go down

CHEST X-RAYS/CT SCANS Empty CHEST X-RAYS/CT SCANS

Post by Jim W Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Just discovered there isn't a SOP in the US or Mexico regarding Chest x-rays or CT scans. I've had 6 physicals in Mexico, and I presented copies to my MD NOB he asked when my last x-ray was and I said at least 10 years ago.

After looking into senior Google, I found most MD's don't order x-rays unless issues present themselves regardless of age. I would suggest, especially in Mexico where x-rays are very inexpensive you get one every couple years, at least as a basis for comparison! Especially if you are/were a smoker. In my case, MD saw something suspicious, ordered cat scan, confirmed issue. Now must wait 6 months for follow up scan.(Has me semi freaking out) Since there were no issues, such as shortness of breath, wheezing, weight loss, coughing up blood etc., hopefully way ahead of the game so to speak! Yup, I miss my smokes but enjoy living more!

Just an FYI!  Shocked 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

CHEST X-RAYS/CT SCANS Empty Re: CHEST X-RAYS/CT SCANS

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:05 pm

I know this is easier to say than to do, but try not to ruin the next six months by worrying about something that is more likely not to happen than to happen. You can change nothing by freaking out and worrying -- even if you did it non-stop for six months. As you said, you have had no symptoms and the doctor is advising a recheck in six months, so he is not panicking. Put that worry up a shelf and get back to it in six months of needed. It will still be there.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Thank You Lady O, you are a class act on this board. What will be, and life goes on. My message hopefully will resonate with everyone, get a chest x-ray periodically, not a big deal. Doing so will give your MD something to work with, and you won't have to go thru 6 months of wondering!

Dr. Sam and Chapala Med, what say you?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Jim W wrote:Thank You Lady O, you are a class act on this board.  What will be, and life goes on.   My message hopefully will resonate with everyone, get a chest x-ray periodically, not a big deal.  Doing so will give your MD something to work with, and you won't have to go thru 6 months of wondering!

Dr.  Sam and Chapala Med, what say you?

Pictures up the trap door, pictures of the main frame...don't forget the Urologist and have a light shoved up the eye of Mr Happy :)
A CAT Scan couldn't hurt either....

Whatever happened to ¨take 2 Aspirin and call me in the morning ?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Whoa.......sounds like you have your whole weekend planned, Hocks. Have fun......jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:26 pm

¨take 2 Aspirin and call me in the morning ?s, Hocks that's what the MD used ta say!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:29 pm

Jim W wrote: ¨take 2 Aspirin and call me in the morning ?s, Hocks that's what the MD used ta say!

Careful of them US Doctors Jim... They're like Democrats.... they all have their hand in yer pocket  Twisted Evil 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:42 pm

It would seem to me that Jim posted on a topic that could end up being more than important to more than one individual on this forum. It isn't just ex-smokers, people who worked around 2nd hand smoke, people who have inhaled questionable chemicals either through work or from a hobby or people who may be predisposed genetically. From what I know of Jim's situation, it seems that he didn't have a "baseline" to work from and now gets to wait 6 months before he has an indicator if there is a problem or not. Unless, you really do not care to know, what would be wrong with getting an inexpensive x-ray to establish a baseline for yourself?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Thank You Neil, as usual you are better @ splaining my intent...I hope this message hits home with a few board members!

Thanks again, Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:49 am

As I said to you last nite on the phone a tiny tumor showed up on a routine chest x-ray 20 years ago. Size of my small finger nail. The next immediate step was a CAT scan to confirm.

Then they went looking for a biopsy. First a tube and camera down the windpipe into the lung. Nothing - nothing found. Next a scope down the outside of the lung through a one inch incision. There it was on the outside of the lung.

Surgery three weeks later. Upper Hiller lobe removed. Out of the hospital on the 6th day. Full lung capacity recovered in a couple of months.

If I were you I would ask about getting those "....scopy" procedures down ASAP.

Regards

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Thank You Sunfan. Took your advice and contacted MD today. He says it is the only nodule found in the lungs.....a relief as a past 2 pack per day smoker.....and it is to small to biopsy. Apparently, less than 3mm. So I look forward to another CT in 6 months.  Thumbs up 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down