INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil...

+3
Zedinmexico
simpsca
Kiri
7 posters

Go down

Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil... Empty Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil...

Post by Kiri Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:59 am

Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil...

Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil... 03synthetique_competition_gde

The case has 15 liters, I need 6 anyone interested?

The cost works out to 92 pesos per liter...great deal.

Synthetic technology “fuel saving” engine oil for lubricating all Gasoline and Diesel engines. Contribute to the environmental protection. Adapted to extended oil change intervals.
API SM/CF
SAE 5W-30

http://www.rouxlub.com/senglish/productos.htm
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil... Empty Re: Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil...

Post by simpsca Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 pm

If you don't get any takers I'll be back on Feb. 5th. I'd like 5 litres will PM you my email so we can confirm.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil... Empty Re: Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil...

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:23 am

Gas engines oil only no Diesel.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:45 am

........And only newer engines too. As synthetic oil is so thin it will leak all over the place if added to older engines.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:00 am

If I may add my two pesos worth to the discussion,  the oil listed above does appear to have an API CF certification which would suggest it should be OK for use in a diesel passenger car engine .... BUT... consider the following.

The 5W30 viscosity is a bit on the light side especially for warmer climates like here.  I typically prefer something like a 15W40 for all my diesels.  The idea behind synthetics is to allow for less frequent oil changes due to the slower breakdown of the ingredients vs. conventional oils. Therefore, the use of a synthetic in a diesel engine is kind of a waste of money since you really SHOULD change the oil and filter more frequently than in a modern day gasoline engine.  The reason for this is the oil in a diesel gets loaded up with ash (the sooty by-products of combustion that wash past the rings) and it is one of the functions of the engine oil to keep deposits from building up.  Ever take a look at or get some of the used oil on your hands when changing oil in a diesel?  It is absolutely coal black!!  I always change the oil and filter every 5,000 to 6,000 km. in the hopes of keeping it clean and maximizing longevity.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:24 am

I agree with Ezzie.  Studies of Diesel buses have shown that more frequent oil changes will make a Diesel last much longer. They reported double the life of the crank before having to grind it on one study. Diesel motors are a big investment and a goof is very expensive as I found out when I bought some bad diesel and had to rebuild my injector pump from Methanol damage. I would use commercial grade diesel oil like Chevron Delos and others. I imagine this oil is fine for small car type diesels but if I was big time towing with a Cummings or running continuously at load like a big generator I would be very picky with my oil for my 8,000 dollar diesel motor and that is a cheap one.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:40 am

The "diesel" reference is made by the company copy writers. I wouldn't recommend this for a diesel.

5W30 is the oil to use in my car, any heavier oil (other than 10W30) may cause problems. I have researched this extensively with manufacturers and the chemists responsible for the oil manufacturing and they unanimously state to stick with the recommended oil viscosity in the vehicle manual. I was the co-founder of the http://www.trilliummiata.com/ and had many speakers give talks on this topic. Thicker is better for pizza and chocolate sauce ....
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Ah another Miata person. I had a supercharged Miata with an old paint job on it so it was a sleeper. Build everything new down to the bushings which I got from Great Britain. I use to love eating 302 mustangs for breakfast even on the straights. Sold it as my wife was scared in it. Still miss it.  I could only floor it in third gear as it would just spin in lower gears. Mine was an STO (stuff taken off) model without LSD but it was still fun and got 30 MPG on premium gas on highway. Miatas are considered a chick car in US but how wrong they have that.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:52 pm

Kiri wrote:Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil...

Need to share case of synthetic 5w30 oil... 03synthetique_competition_gde

The case has 15 liters, I need 6 anyone interested?

The cost works out to 92 pesos per liter...great deal.

Synthetic technology “fuel saving” engine oil for lubricating all Gasoline and Diesel engines. Contribute to the environmental protection. Adapted to extended oil change intervals.
API SM/CF
SAE 5W-30

http://www.rouxlub.com/senglish/productos.htm

So far 8 responders to sharing a case. 3 quarts per responder? Save my 3!
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:22 am

I'll take 5 liters, if you still have it.
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:45 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Ah another Miata person. I had a supercharged Miata with an old paint job on it so it was a sleeper. Build everything new down to the bushings which I got from Great Britain. I use to love eating 302 mustangs for breakfast even on the straights. Sold it as my wife was scared in it. Still miss it.  I could only floor it in third gear as it would just spin in lower gears. Mine was an STO (stuff taken off) model without LSD but it was still fun and got 30 MPG on premium gas on highway. Miatas are considered a chick car in US but how wrong they have that.

Z

I still miss mine. However friends in Canada were walking around their new neighborhood and saw a Red Miata and spoke to the owners. It turned out that it was my car, which I sold, and they purchased it from him. It's a small world. FYI: My car was to be place in the Car of the Century http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_of_the_Centurydisplay in Toronto. Mine was the most original and best condition car available at the time. The call from Geneva at the time was an houour...since the car was stored in the Winter I couldn't part with it during the summer display period.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:08 am

If interested in the balance of the 4 litres, please contact me to make arrangements via PM.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:24 am

I'll be driving to Canada in July & will buy a few gallons of Mobil 1 from Wal Mart when I return through AZ. Considerably less money than buying in MX. Thanks.
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:51 am

kiminmexico wrote:I'll be driving to Canada in July & will buy a few gallons of Mobil 1 from Wal Mart when I return through AZ. Considerably less money than buying in MX. Thanks.

At 92 pesos / liter ...a good deal...

It states the it is "French Formula" on label...could it be "Motul"...?
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:27 am

Most of these "off-brand name" labels are actually formulated and bottled by the major oil companies. It could be a Shell or Exxon oil. Best way to figure out who the manufacturer is is to find the MSDS sheet for it. That will tell you which company made it.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:46 am

Roux is Mexican and in Guad but I have no idea if they made it or bought it from another oil company.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down