INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Doctors Group Insurance

+8
RGFlorida
Sherman
CHILLIN
Mrs. Rupert
Chapalamed
David
annied
SunshineyDay
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best Doctors Group Insurance Empty Best Doctors Group Insurance

Post by SunshineyDay Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Anyone had experience with the Best Doctors policy thru Focus on Mexico? I was told the policy was not available thru Boomers in Paradise.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Best Doctors Group Insurance Empty Re: Best Doctors Group Insurance

Post by annied Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:56 pm

I'd like to know too.  Best Doctors IS offered through Boomers in Paradise.  

Here is the link.  http://boomers-in-paradise.org/

Link to summary of benefits:  http://boomers-in-paradise.org/pdfs/2014SummaryofBenefits.pdf

They are also on Facebook where you can message them and ask that they will put you on the email list to send next years policy information which will be available in about 3 weeks.

Last edited by annied on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added information)
annied
annied

Humor : Easily amused

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm just looking into it now. It looks like the deductible is only $3,000 with Focus on Mexico vs $5,000 with Boomers in Paradise.
annied
annied

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:19 pm

I'm interested to know too; experiences, plan details, etc.. At first blush it looks very good.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:13 pm

I've been emailing with Ava Wilson, who developed Boomers in Paradise.  What a great woman she is and so very helpful.  She is developing next years policy now.  I have her email if you would like to ask her anything.
annied
annied

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:27 pm

As a CATASTROPHIC INSURANCE POLICY, I highly recommend it.

Ava (Bommer's) was the one who first set up the group policy @ Lakeside. My understanding is that the FOCUS group pretty much carbon-copied the policy. The difference between the 2 is that the FOCUS group has a $ 3000.00 Dollar deductible vs. BOOMERS $5000.00. Dollar deductible. From what I understand, this is due to the fewer members in the FOCUS group. Both are offered thru BLUE ANGEL insurance broker.

What I really like about BEST DOCTORS is the feature which they offer my patients, A SECOND OPINION by their expert doctors in the U.S., IN WRITING and in ENGLISH. It gives my patients a peace of mind especially when invasive or more costly procedures or treatments are recommended. The patient relied more on the experts' NON-BIASED medical opinions than those of Dr. GOOGLE, or Dr. FORUM for example.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO DEMO

BEST DOCTORS. Is one good MEDICAL INSURANCE option if it fits your specific needs (age, budget, etc).
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm interested to know what the policy DOESN'T  cover.  Especially things that are common amongst geriatrics.  e.g. hip or knee replacements, back surgery, etc..  Anyone know?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:26 pm

You can refer to the BOOMER'S WEB PAGE of FAQs: http://boomers-in-paradise.org/faqs/

or the BEST DOCTORS PLAN SITE: http://www.bestdoctorsinsurance.com/df/en/nuestros-planes

To get a better idea of what IS and what IS NOT covered but making an appointment to see the insurance agent at BLUE ANGEL is probably your best bet to have all questions answered.
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:38 am

Where is Blue Angel?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:42 pm

I wanted to mention that Ava at Boomers also is very well trained in Medicare.  This plan seems to be a good safety net.  We are willing to pay cash for routine MD visits, lab, x rays, etc, but wanted financial protection in the event of something serious that required hospitalization in Mexico.  Here are the links to compare the two "groups" summary of benefits for comparison.  

Boomers-In-Paradise:  http://boomers-in-paradise.org/pdfs/2014SummaryofBenefits.pdf

Focus on Mexico:  http://www.focusonmexico.com/Best_Doctors_Summary_of_Benefits_2014.html
annied
annied

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Does it cover; knee replacement, hip replacement, back surgery?  As people age they break down.  Are the break downs covered?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:21 pm

I don't believe so, unless it happens as a personal accident.
annied
annied

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:57 pm

No, the 'breakdowns' are not covered. This policy is very inexpensive (around $1,000 US/yr.) and only covers catastrophic events- myocardial revascularization surgery and angioplasty, cancer, neurological disease, chronic renal failure, personal accidents, etc.
All the benefits are listed on their websites.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:52 pm

If something wears out - it is not covered. Also, important to know that the deductible is an annual one, U.S.A. private insurance style, not per incident. In other words, you pay the deductible ($3,000 US) but if you are still need catastrophic treatment the next year, you have to pay another deductible if you want that treatment covered.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:54 pm

I know with Boomers in Paradise if you pay your deductible in the last 3 months of the year it carries over to the next calendar year.
annied
annied

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Same with Boomers and Focus on Mexico
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:30 pm

David wrote:Where is Blue Angel?

I have just signed up with Blue Angel / Focus on MX / Best Doctors.
Blue Angel is located inside Integrity Clinic (where the car wash is). Valerie, Herma and a 3rd person, whose name I don't know, work in the office for new policies.

Boomers also has Best Doctors. However, the difference between Boomers and Focus on MX is that they each negotiate their own contracts. So, somethings, for example, the deducible is the same and sometimes it is not. There are some other slight differences, but those can change annually. Premiums are about the same.

Boomers and Focus on MX have lots of information on-line, and the application.
You just need to sign up (and pay) with one or the other, get a blood test to submit with the application that can be completed on-line.

Look at both. At the moment, Focus on MX is a bit better. (Talk to Valerie for a compare/contrast).

The benefits are for things like cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc.
As someone mentioned, worn out parts -- knees, hips, etc. are not covered unless you are in an accident. That's different.

There are two policies (and now maybe one more); group or individual ... at least for Focux on MX. It might be the same for Boomers.

The other part that I like is that if there's a problem with a claim, the process and dialogue is in English with an American style of doing business (good or bad) with which I'm more familiar. I just went through a hard time with Bellon insurance over a small claim here and decided that it was too risky dealing with them in a big claim when I could not advocate for myself. As a result, I cancelled my Metlife and the relationship with Bellon Insurance.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:31 pm

David wrote:Same with Boomers and Focus on Mexico
yes, the same.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RGFlorida Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Nothing has been posted on this topic in quite a while. For those of you that have Best Doctors Group Insurance --- either through Boomers or Focus On Mexico --- how is it working out for you? Are you claims being processed smoothly and paid?  Are you pleased with this insurance?

RGFlorida

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 pm

I know 2 people with Best Doctors and they have had surgery and orthopedic procedure and Best Doctors would not pay for it. Not catastrophic enough. However, the insurance company decides on what catastrophic is, so there you go. You say it is and they say it isn't so you are stuck.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:03 pm

sm1mex wrote:I know 2 people with Best Doctors and they have had surgery and orthopedic procedure and Best Doctors would not pay for it.  Not catastrophic enough.  However, the insurance company decides on what catastrophic is, so there you go.  You say it is and they say it isn't so you are stuck.

...Just the kind of insurance I DON'T want. Don't they give out a brochure explaining their definition of "catastrophic" in a little more detail?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:43 pm

David wrote:Does it cover; knee replacement, hip replacement, back surgery?  As people age they break down.  Are the break downs covered?

this was started some time back ......
no, best doctors does not pay for any of the replacements (things that wear out). I thought it would pay for required surgery, but they don't do that either. They pay for selected REQUIRED surgeries, even if the required surgeries affect heart function. I'm also told by a patient here that in his case they started paying for one surgery and then stopped paying for necessary follow-on surgeries.

I have not found the agent helpful and got more information quicker by directly calling Best Doctors. Unfortunately there is only one agent locally and business has to go through that agent.

If there's something else, I'd try that. If you have no other choice, then Best Doctors may be an option.

I went to two of the blah, blah sessions to begin with and was encouraged about the insurance. My experience has not changed and would have picked something else if I knew what I know now.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:44 pm

sm1mex wrote:I know 2 people with Best Doctors and they have had surgery and orthopedic procedure and Best Doctors would not pay for it.  Not catastrophic enough.  However, the insurance company decides on what catastrophic is, so there you go.  You say it is and they say it isn't so you are stuck.
Your private physician can even give the urgency, etc., but it does not matter. I thought Catastrophic had a much narrower definition .... that was before I signed up.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Best Doctors is good but it does have to fit their definition of "CATASTROPHIC" . Last month I had a patient whom I hospitalized, diagnosed and had treated by the top Neurologist in GDL with Guillain Barre Syndrome. Best Doctors is still debating whether or not it fit their defenition of "CATASTROPHIC" and whether or not the treatment (supposedly not FDA approved) would be covered although it did cure him.

BOOMER'S IN PARADISE used to have a partnership with me whom originally promoted BEST DOCTORS and I offered their members a 20% discount on office visits. I am still upholding my part of our agreement.

So, do your research.
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:12 am

Don't these insurance companies have to define 'catastrophic' for you before you sign up???

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next