INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day of the Dead Special event at Viva Mexico Nov. 2 starting at 2pm

+2
brigitte
simpsca
6 posters

Go down

Day of the Dead Special event at Viva Mexico Nov. 2 starting at 2pm Empty Day of the Dead Special event at Viva Mexico Nov. 2 starting at 2pm

Post by simpsca Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:48 am

Day of the Dead Special Event at Viva Mexico
November 2 - from 2pm to 6pm

DIA DE MUERTOS PRE-HISPANIC MENU
-Appetizer-CREAM OF SQUASH BLOSSOM SOUP
-Main Course - CHICKEN WITH ORANGE MOLE
FISH WITH PINK MOLE
HUITLACOCHE QUESADILLAS
CACTUS FRUIT SALAD
Dessert - HOT CHOCOLATE DRINK and Churros with Chocolate
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casa More (Agave Azul) will offer you
Tequila Blanco, Anejo & Reposado Tasting

10% on Meals proceeds will go to the Operation Feed Program that feeds the poor weekly in San Juan Cosala

From 2:00pm. / 6:00pm. - $200 Pesos Ticket – November/02/2013
-RESTAURANT VIVA MEXICO TIALUPITA!
PORFIRIO DIAZ # 92 SAN JUAN COSALA

RESERVATIONS:
TEL. 387-76-110-58 / CELL. 333-156-22-45
aguscosala@gmail.com
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Day of the Dead Special event at Viva Mexico Nov. 2 starting at 2pm Empty Re: Day of the Dead Special event at Viva Mexico Nov. 2 starting at 2pm

Post by simpsca Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Don't forget to make your reservations soon. He has received a LOT of reservations so far!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Day of the Dead Special event at Viva Mexico Nov. 2 starting at 2pm Empty Re: Day of the Dead Special event at Viva Mexico Nov. 2 starting at 2pm

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:08 am

What is Prehispanic about the menu?

cream, cheese, chicken, churros were all brought in by the Spaniards.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:23 am

Thank you, Simpsca, for passing along information you receive or come across about what is happening Lakeside. A lot of the time we forget to say so, but many of us appreciate you taking the time to let us know what is happening. . Thumbs up 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:19 pm

Agreed thank you Simpca.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:21 pm

brigitte wrote:What is Prehispanic about the menu?

cream, cheese, chicken, churros were all brought in by the Spaniards.
Many things.
Does everything on the menu have to be pre-hispanic?...and if so, who should be held accountable for this gross violation? Sr. Vasquez?  
Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Yes I would expect a" prehispanic" menu to have prehispanic food. Anything wrong with calling that food Mexican food?

When I see false advertising I vote with my feet.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Not false advertising if your customer base has no idea what you are claiming. Kind of like advertising Mexican Food by most restaurants NOB?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Sorry , you have a point but that thread brought me to check all the foods that came from Mexico and Latin America and they had a whole lot better products in perhispanic times in Mexico than they did in Europe.

If you check the European diet of the poor and that of the aristocrats before the conquest it was pretty sad..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:08 pm

You're welcome to those who like to read about events.

As to the prehispanic menu, I think there is a misconception on Augustine's part. When he told me about the event he said he planned to use several prehispanic ingredients like the corn fungus. Now I don't know what is and is not prehispanic food. I know he is trying to keep his NOB customers happy. At the same time introducing some prehispanic elements to the meal. I don't think there was any intention to deceive.

I know he has a lot of reservations and I have a table of 20 going.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Thank God the easily offended can always stay home to no one else´s great sorrow. It´s a win/win for everyone.

flag waver 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down