INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News Story, Immigration and not police are only ones who can check immigration status

+3
Playaboy
manymoonsago
Intercasa
7 posters

Go down

News Story, Immigration and not police are only ones who can check immigration status Empty News Story, Immigration and not police are only ones who can check immigration status

Post by Intercasa Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:20 pm

http://www.notisistema.com/noticias/policias-no-indicados-para-pedir-comprobacion-de-estatus-migratorio-advierten/

Story says due to abuses against migrants that only Federal Immigration can ask for your immigration papers and state and municipal police may not.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

News Story, Immigration and not police are only ones who can check immigration status Empty Re: News Story, Immigration and not police are only ones who can check immigration status

Post by manymoonsago Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:29 pm

So if validity of a TIP is connected to the owner's immigration document and the computer system for verification is not up and running full tilt, how will the police determine if a foreign plated vehicle is lawfully present on the highways and bi-ways?
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

News Story, Immigration and not police are only ones who can check immigration status Empty Re: News Story, Immigration and not police are only ones who can check immigration status

Post by Playaboy Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 pm

When a police officers pulls me over and asks to see my passport and visa, am I to tell him he has no right?  Should I piss him off? Tell him to go to hell?  Or should I just show him what he wants and go on my way?

What would you tell a police officer in the States or Canada if they ask you for official ID?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:03 pm

If I was in Arizona, I would tell them that I was born in Shanghai, China and not provide any documentation that I was an American Citizen. Let them sort through matters and risk mishandling the event so that I can pad the retirement funds!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Hmmm......in Canada I believe they can take you into custody until proper identification is confirmed if they chose to do so. I suppose it would depend on the reason they were asking for ID. If you are driving a car you get a ticket as the minimum for not producing your licence.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Quite true Bob but I have a New Mexico drivers license and they do not require being a citizen. Arizona is well known for playing hardball with those of Mexican heritage driving with NM licenses.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MR PEANUT Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:17 pm

As I recall from reading the new INM regs last year, it states clearly that only immigration officers can ask you what your status is, or ask to see your papers.

Also, I recall it saying you are not required to carry your visa (because immigration officials can check your status anyway).

MR PEANUT

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:47 am

How many of us are migrants?  

A police officer is a person of authority with power.  Treat them with respect just as you would do NOB.

If you want to get confrontational with authority figures in Mexico you are taking great risks.  In Mexico you are guilty until you can prove your innocence.   They can charge you with anything and haul you away.  An officer can arrest you for any reason.  "He looked like that murderer in that wanted poster", or "he drove away from the Pemex station without paying" or "all the lights were broken on the car" after the officer broke them with his nightstick (you were disrespectful and pissed him off).  Maybe you will just disappear like the 20,000 people that are "missing".

Check this article out  http://www.latimes.com/local/columnone/la-fg-c1-mexico-nestora-20130925-dto,0,5809795.htmlstory  

Uncle Sam or Canada will not help you much if you are in jail.

Most cops in Mexico are corrupt. They can make you life miserable.  Do any of you want to have to call Intercasa from a jail (if you even get a phone call) because you stood up to an police official and refused to show them your visa or passport?  Is that a very important cause to make a "my rights" stand?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:55 am

Whew Playaboy - there are so many racial and factual inaccuracies in your post I don't know where to begin!

Honest cops are looking for stolen cars, runaway criminals, drunk drivers, no insurance, guns. and drugs. They are not looking for immigration or T.I.P. - the boss Transito from Jalisco has specifically told his officers not to waste time to do this.

They do profile however. Me, for example, have been driving for 45 years and I have NEVER been pulled over and NEVER had a ticket of any type. You might ask yourself why someone like Ajijic from SMA drives to Texas and back with a Permanent Resident status and expired TIP, goes through 8 checkpoints, and never got asked for paperwork once? Both Ajijic and myself are pretty normal looking, cleancut guys with a friendly smile and a polite "Canadian" attitude. You, on the other hand, get stopped 4 times and are asked to produce paperwork, including a Returno, which they have never heard of. You have a look-a-like on an "America's Most Wanted" poster:D Very Happy Very Happy 
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down