INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHRISTIAN DE LA CRUZ RETURNS!

2 posters

Go down

CHRISTIAN DE LA CRUZ RETURNS! Empty CHRISTIAN DE LA CRUZ RETURNS!

Post by Bill Phillips Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 pm

The following article was copied from the Lake Chapala Shrine Club's July 2013 Newsletter as is published here with their permission.

If you wish to see the full Newsletter, please send me a PM with your proper email address and I will send it to you.

If you would like to regularly receive this news letter, send you name and e-mail address to Denny Strole: dstrole@gmail.com

---------------------------------

The family de la Cruz are home at Lakeside. A big thank you to Noble Francis Dryden for arranging to pick them up in Puerto Vallarta after their WestJet flight. They flew on WestJet from Montreal to Calgary and were hosted by Illustrious Sir Ed Jakubowsky and the Al Azhar Shriners overnight before continuing their flight to Mexico.

Christian and his family are a delight. The child sings from morning until bedtime. Everyone that met him felt blessed by the experience.

Christian showed his charm when he met the Paull’s granddaughter, Kristen, and he fell in love with one of the parade horses of the Al Azhar Shriners. The horse was brought into the indoor arena for Christian to meet during a "meet and greet "party at their facility. The area was a beautiful introduction for the de la Cruz family during their transition to Canada.

Christian and his parents were in Montreal for six weeks during his first surgery; bone anchors were positioned into his skull. Once completely healed, he will return to Montreal for the second surgery by Dr. Lessard and activation of the processor that will give him full hearing. In the meantime, he has a soft band processor that provides him with partial hearing. His second surgery is scheduled for some time in November and his travel arrangements are currently being finalized. Once Christian's rib cage has developed enough cartilage, he will be scheduled for two additional surgeries to construct outer ears. Once completed, he will look as normal as his peers, and his hearing should be excellent. The surgeon stated that "Christian is the perfect candidate for this procedure and he is exactly the right age; any later and his speech would not develop normally."

During the first week in Montreal the family stayed at the Hotel Belvedere. Once fully assessed, they were moved to the Ronald McDonald House. McDonald's cannot be thanked enough for such a wonderful facility to house children and their families at a minimal charge.

Christian is a special child with a special destiny. There were very few people at the Shriners Imperial Session in Indianapolis that did not know the story of Christian and the Lake Chapala Shrine Club; the interest in this delightful child is amazing.

The de la Cruz family restaurant, Focaccia, near Vista del Lago, reopened 8 July. Go for visit, see Christian, and have a great pizza!
(thanks to Lady Sheila Paull for this article)

EDITOR’S POSTSCRIPT: Illustrious Sir Graham and Lady Sheila PAULL have spearheaded the efforts to get Christian to the Montreal hospital. They have given much of themselves to make this happen successfully. The time, effort, personal expense, and the coordination of the many facets necessary to make things happen in Mexico, Canada and the U.S, is unfathomable! Christian is fortunate to have them in his corner! THANK YOU, GRAHAM AND SHEILA, you are amazing!
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

CHRISTIAN DE LA CRUZ RETURNS! Empty Re: CHRISTIAN DE LA CRUZ RETURNS!

Post by Pedro Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:23 pm

wayda go shriners and everyone that got involved in this! thanks for the update outsie!
maybe i can make their restaurant a biker destination instead of mezcala.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Pedro wrote:wayda go shriners and everyone that got involved in this! thanks for the update outsie!
maybe i can make their restaurant a biker destination instead of mezcala.
Pedro - that would be great!

You may also interested in knowing that a Charity Motorcycle Run is being organized by one of our local residents to benefit Christian de la Cruz next trip to Montreal.  Pam and Dave are up north at the moment and as soon as I can contact them,, I will pass on further information.  The date that Pam and Dave had been planning was October 20th.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:23 pm

have whoever is doing it get in touch with me. i know a ton of bikers and clubs. i am in touch with many on my facebook.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down