INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Place to Buy Queen Size Sheets at Galeria Mall

5 posters

Go down

Best Place to Buy Queen Size Sheets at Galeria Mall Empty Best Place to Buy Queen Size Sheets at Galeria Mall

Post by sm1mex Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:05 pm

We saw some at Costco recently but they were 100% cotton and cost 1,200+ pesos. Any better suggestions?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Best Place to Buy Queen Size Sheets at Galeria Mall Empty Re: Best Place to Buy Queen Size Sheets at Galeria Mall

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Not really. You can look at Liverpool. Sometimes Liverpool will have a sale or give electronic money back on card. If you want to buy more than one item, you can purchase the more expensive item then use the electronic money on the lesser.

Are you wanting quality or does it matter if the sheets are rough? The other place to go is in the popular area on Medrano Street in Guadalajara or order some from the little older gal that sells bedding next to the produce stand during the Ajijic tianguis on Wednesday.

Quality sheets are one the items that we have to pay more for living in Mexico. One time I bought some king size egyptian feeling sheets on the street in Mazametla for a great price. They weren't deep pocket but they're nice :)

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Best Place to Buy Queen Size Sheets at Galeria Mall Empty Re: Best Place to Buy Queen Size Sheets at Galeria Mall

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Sears has a set of good sheets, at around $1,000 pesos. These are very well made (only two pillowcases, but sears does have good separate cases). They also have cheaper stuff, but I am wary of anything with polyester, which seems to be most popular here. The home store at the opposite end of the Galerias mall also has a selection, but I couldn't find anything there that I liked.

(The sheets at CostCo are usually sateen, although at the price you are quoting, perhaps they have a new supply in. It is very difficult to get quality sheets here,as MHSH mentioned.)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:19 pm

HelperGuy-Why are you wary of sheets with polyester? I have had 50-50 polyester and cotton and they dry in the dryer and don't wrinkle. Do you think 100% cotton is better, if so why?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:22 pm

I just have had no good luck at all with 50-50s purchased here in Mexico. I don't believe the numbers... they are too rough and too thin. Perhaps the cotton is very cheap and thin itself. Back home in Canada, I never had a problem.

So my wariness is due to the uncomfortable feel, not some fear that they might burst into flames or something:D 
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:45 pm

For folks who have lived here for a while. Sheet prices are much higher NOB also
than they use to be.  Good sheets are expensive everywhere.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by rs6000 Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Home Store Galerias is another place, but you have to check their prices first.

rs6000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down