INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Much Medication can I take into the States?

4 posters

Go down

Now Much Medication can I take into the States? Empty Now Much Medication can I take into the States?

Post by johninajijic Mon May 27, 2013 9:34 am

I take a lot of medication for epilepsy. I won't be on Plan B Medicare or an MAPD Plan to get my meds.

I take 10 of one med and 3 of another a day. That equals 5 boxes of 60 tabs and 2 boxes of 50 a month.

Do you think I can take a 4 or 5 month supply? That would be either 20 or 25 boxes of one and 8 or 10 boxes of the other.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Now Much Medication can I take into the States? Empty Re: Now Much Medication can I take into the States?

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 27, 2013 9:39 am

"Medication

You may bring medication into the U.S. for personal use only. You cannot bring in medicine for friends or family, nor can you mail medication to someone in the United States. Prescription medications should be in their original containers, and it is advised that you travel with no more than personal use quantities. If medications or devices are not in their original containers, you must have a copy of your prescription, or a note from your doctor with you.

Narcotics and certain other drugs with a high potential for abuse - Rohypnol, GHB and Fen-Phen, to name a few - may not be brought into the United States, and there are severe penalties for trying to do so. If you need medicines that contain potentially addictive drugs or narcotics (e.g., some cough medicines, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, antidepressants or stimulants), do the following:

Declare all drugs, medicinals, and similar products to the appropriate U.S. customs official at the U.S. border;
Carry such substances in their original containers;
Carry only the quantity of such substances that a person with that condition (e.g., chronic pain) would normally carry for his/her personal use; and
Carry a prescription or written statement from your physician that the substances are being used under a doctor's supervision and that they are necessary for your physical well being while traveling.

If you are traveling with medical devices such as needles or oxygen tanks that could pose a security or safety concern to others, be sure to have a copy of the prescription for those items from your doctor. You should also contact the airline and the Transportation Security Administration regarding any additional requirements it may have.

Non-prescription medicines (also known as over-the-counter or OTC medicines), vitamins, and supplement products fall under the jurisdiction of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In general FDA will not object to the personal importation of those products, as long as:

The traveler is carrying the products in their possession (or in their luggage);
The amount being carried is an amount reasonably considered for personal use.

For additional information please consult the FDA Consumer Alert webpage via the following link: FDA.gov"

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Now Much Medication can I take into the States? Empty Re: Now Much Medication can I take into the States?

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 27, 2013 9:57 am

So CG, 4 or 5 months supply would be considered too much?

John, what is the difference in the cost of these meds here versus USA?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am

Bob:

I have no idea as that was a copy/paste from a US Embassy website. I would say that I wouldn't even attempt to bring across any prescription drugs without having the prescriptions to back them up. Since John is driving back, he should be aware that he can plan on drug sniffing dogs checking out his vehicle but again, I have no idea just what drugs they are trained to sniff out.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon May 27, 2013 10:32 am

CanuckBob wrote:So CG, 4 or 5 months supply would be considered too much?

John, what is the difference in the cost of these meds here versus USA?

More like ($ 464. pesos) $ 39. USD vs. $ 168. USD. per box x 5 a month on the most expensive drug.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 am

Wow......and now you are going to have to pay for those every month? That will cost you $650 more per month.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon May 27, 2013 11:27 am

Last 2 trips NOB I took a 1 year supply of my BP meds.....big thing is checking exp dates.

CB, cost of meds is one thing, making an apt with an MD every 3-6 months for prescription renewal.....$400.00 Basta -$600.00 annually
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down