INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite restaurant for breakfast in Ajijic?

+18
CheenaGringo
Pedro
Hernan Santiago
coffeeguy
dixiechick
seisdedos
conbtrarian
casi nada
borderreiver
hkrause
hockables
gringal
RoofBob
hueco_negro
Zedinmexico
David
CanuckBob
bman2
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your favorite restaurant for breakfast in Ajijic? Empty What is your favorite restaurant for breakfast in Ajijic?

Post by bman2 Fri May 03, 2013 7:13 am

I'll be moving to Ajijic by the end of June and staying near LCS...a good old fashioned breakfast with great coffee is what I'm looking for. Hopefully you can share your favorites with me. Thanks
bman2
bman2

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite restaurant for breakfast in Ajijic? Empty Re: What is your favorite restaurant for breakfast in Ajijic?

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 03, 2013 7:38 am

My favorite places for breakfast in the village area are The Jardin restaurant at the plaza or Early Bird (on Ocampo?). Both are an easy walking distance.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite restaurant for breakfast in Ajijic? Empty Re: What is your favorite restaurant for breakfast in Ajijic?

Post by David Fri May 03, 2013 7:59 am

David's on Hidalgo just west of the Plaza is very good too.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri May 03, 2013 8:05 am

Try the Mexican restaurant above the civic center on the plaza. Very good
Mexican eggs and juice. Try Richie88 on colon between the plaza and
Zaragoza. They have a mexico city chef who makes outstanding different
breakfasts. Very nice people also. Very clean. There hash browns are crunchy
and tasty.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri May 03, 2013 8:05 am

David wrote:David's on Hidalgo just west of the Plaza is very good too.

Nice Vanilla milkshakes for later in the day fyi.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Fri May 03, 2013 8:19 am

Finding the "great coffee" however, might be a challenge.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri May 03, 2013 8:32 am

hueco_negro wrote:Finding the "great coffee" however, might be a challenge.
It won't be if you ask coffeeguy. He know things about coffee coffee doesn't know about itself. Twisted Evil
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri May 03, 2013 8:42 am

If you're staying near LCS and want a good breakfast along with some fine scenery, try Yves' on the lakefront. (Walk down Ramon Corona and turn right; walk to Yves). Delicious coffee. Good breakfast choices, including omelets of all kinds; reasonable prices. Starts at 8 a.m.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri May 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Ajijic.... Salvadores.... good selection, prices, good food & coffee

Chapala.... American Legion..good selection, great prices, food & coffee

Jocotepec... Almost anything along the Town Square... I always do cappuccino at
the little coffee house there.... terrific!

Not Necessarily In That Order.........
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat May 04, 2013 1:41 am

We love Peacock Garden's breakfast. I think they previously only served it on Sundays, but when we were there last week they said they were going to start serving b'fast every day. Beautiful garden setting (don't let the peacock steal off your plate!).
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat May 04, 2013 2:28 am

For coffee there's the coffee place across the street from the church in Ajijic. Forget the name. Awesome coffee. Large variety of beans. I'm addicted to their iced mochas. Decent chocolate. I love iced mochas. Had a Starbucks iced mocha once, and only once. Their "chocolate syrup" is some weird shit. The Kiwis make a mean iced mocha, the iced component being a scoop of decadent Kiwi vanilla ice cream, full fat - Yah Baby. Blew me away. I"ll never forget that 1st Kiwi iced mocha experience. Yes, it was that YUMMY.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sat May 04, 2013 9:27 am

borderreiver wrote:For coffee there's the coffee place across the street from the church in Ajijic. Forget the name.

Café Grano

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Sat May 04, 2013 9:37 am

La Fonda Dona Lola on the carretera. Usually crowded since this where the Mexicans go, as opposed to the mostly gringo establishments listed above. Excellent Mexican breakfasts. Big sign outside says no pets allowed.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat May 04, 2013 9:51 am

A long way from LCS where the OP is staying.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 am

David wrote:A long way from LCS where the OP is staying.
a. Did he say he won't have a car? If so, I missed that.
b. Ajijic has cheap bus transportation.
c. I routinely walk longer distances.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat May 04, 2013 9:59 am

Hey David..ever notice that it's not many posts from the OP before everybody has forgotten what the OP was actually asking for? So, it's quite a walk to Dona Lola's.......no matter. It's a good breakfast, I agree. LOL. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sat May 04, 2013 10:07 am

conbtrarian wrote:
a. Did he say he won't have a car? If so, I missed that.
b. Ajijic has cheap bus transportation.
c. I routinely walk longer distances.

A. No he didn't.
B. Yes it does.
C. Many people do.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat May 04, 2013 11:03 am

Talk to the OP, not me.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 am

My post above was edited by the moderator. I thought mainecoons was a mod on the other board.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat May 04, 2013 11:37 am

Maybe Francisco Duran is filling in.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiechick Sat May 04, 2013 12:21 pm

When I'm there, I don't have a car and I like to eat breakfast at David's Cafe. Instead of having orange juice, you can have mixed juice with tomato and carrot for 18 pesos. Very refreshing! I even took a photo of the menu so I can show my friends up here that you can get a good breakfast (without drink) for less than $3.00.

Ritchie 88 is also very good. It is owned by a retired dentist and his daughter.

I've read that the Early Bird Cafe has a great breakfast too. It's on my list for next time.
dixiechick
dixiechick

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Sat May 04, 2013 5:20 pm

I like David's and the Early Bird for breakfast in Ajijic, though my favorite place overall is Mario's in San Antonio. Don't expect great coffee in any of these places, but Café Grano Café by the church, as others have recommended, is excellent for that.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat May 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Another option is Rustica, on the north side of the carretera in Ajijic. I really like their French Toast, and it's very inexpensive. Look for a building with a triple brick archway on top.
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 05, 2013 8:14 am

coffeeguy wrote: Don't expect great coffee in any of these places, but Café Grano Café by the church, as others have recommended, is excellent for that.

I don't understand. The coffee itself is fine but when I get a cup of coffee to go it tastes like diluted expresso which is not coffee. If I take the same
coffee and make it with a cone filter or a Mr Coffee it taste fine. It makes me miss starbucks which isn't much to say quality wise. What do
they do to ruin a normal cup of coffee?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun May 05, 2013 8:55 am

Try the coffee at Black Coffee Gallery.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next