INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonala Question for Elita

3 posters

Go down

Tonala Question for Elita Empty Tonala Question for Elita

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 am

In a previous post in another topic - you mention a really nice flea market held on Thursdays and Sundays. A friend recently told me that there were actually two such events - one held on the Cerro de la Reina and the other held at Casa del Niño Dormido. I think I wrote the two locations down correctly but my spelling may be a bit off? Is this why there are two separate days - one for each location?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tonala Question for Elita Empty Re: Tonala Question for Elita

Post by Elita Guzman Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 am

El Cerro de la Reina is in the other side (where the main town ends), and the tianguis or flea market doesn't go that far. I haven't heard of the other place, but I can find out. And this flea market goes from one side (almost from the highway) to the other end of the town, it's on the main avenue, they use one lateral to have all those stands of handcrats, dishes, furniture, etc., plus the main street that comes down from the main square is closed for the drivers because of all the stands (food, goodies, clothes, make up and ladies accesories). It's a huge variety for all kinds of tastes :) and different prices too, no matter if you're a "gringo", you can always get a deal on your purchase because most of them are the artisans who have a family business there or factory. There are always quite a few "gringos" buying stuff for their houses, flower pots, blown glass items, paintings, etc... And this is on Thursdays and Sundays from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm; in the Christmas season, the vendors stay until 6:00 pm on Sundays :) And also, along the main avenue there are nice restaurants where you can rest a little while having a nice sea food plate or carnes en su jugo Very Happy
Have a wonderful day...
Elita Guzman
Elita Guzman

Humor : Depends :)

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:39 am

Elita,you're right about there not being a tianguis at El Cerro de la Reina,but it is a nice mirador especially on a clear day like today.I had to ask my wife who grew up in Tonala about the Niño Dormido,she says it's a private residence that has an altar dedicated to said Niño and also dipenses "Agua Bendita".
BTW we're practically neighbors,I live in Jardines del Nilo,5 minutes from Tonala.
Bienvenida al foro. Very Happy
PS:I liked your "cara de what" reference,not too many on this forum will have gotten that one. cheers

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Elita Guzman Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Thanks viajero. I haven't been at the mirador yet but I will, soon :)
I was born in Acapulco, but have lived in Guadalajara since I was 20 Very Happy Tonala was always a nice place to visit and buy all kinds of handcrafts for the family business :), now I've been here only 6 years (after got married in Bucerias came down with my late husband). Do you live by Loma Dorada? I live in URBI, 15 min from Tonala, by the Periferico. Very Happy
BTW, when I refered to my "cara de what", if there's something I don't understand while having a conversation, I use to say: "Haaa???" and I'm sure people can notice that I didn't understand, lol Very Happy
Elita Guzman
Elita Guzman

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:13 pm

We live about 5 minutes west of Loma Dorada off of Rio Nilo,how do you like URBI,I've read conficting reports about it.
Your English is very good,have you lived in the states or did you learn it here?
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Elita Guzman Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Thanks Chris, I've been living here for 6 years, URBI is a very nice complex, huge, I should say :) I've never had any problem, it's like everything else, but the main conflicts are because many owners are not making the payments as they increase every year and we all know how bad is the economy in Mexico for the last years, so not everybody can keep the house :( Besides that, everything else is nice here, I live on the top of the complex (Montecarlo 1) by the main avenue (the entrance), we have school, a small shopping center, a benavides farmacia, oxxo, aurrera, etc...
About "my English" :) thank you very much. I'm very proud of myself, being born mexican, I learned English since elementary school (private school), until the high school (I went to Prepa Femenil UAG- Univ. Autonoma de Gdl), because of the family business I "grew up" at the airport (Acapulco-Pto. Vallarta-Gdl), so English has always been my second language :) and also have a degree as an English teacher, I was married to an american (a gringo) but I've never lived in the U.S., I just went to the U.S. a few times for vacations when I was still single :) actually, I met my hubby in Pto. Vallarta and while he was still alive, he never went back, so, I'm very proud to say that there are very good English teachers in Mexico, I'm bilingual and I learned English in my Country. It always makes me very happy when I'm in the U.S., or even here, people think I've lived there but no :)
Elita Tonala Question for Elita 411125
Elita Guzman
Elita Guzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down