INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Zirahuen

3 posters

Go down

Lake Zirahuen Empty Lake Zirahuen

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 pm

This was our second visit to Lake Zirahuen and we took the time to drive most of the loop around the lake. Often compared by some in Mexico to Lake Tahoe, the pristine blue waters of this deep high country lake are very impressive! At one corner of the lake sits the small village of Zirahuen and sparsely scattered along the shores are various resorts and clusters of cabanas and restaurants.
[img]Lake Zirahuen Dscn5012[/img]
[img]Lake Zirahuen Dscn5013[/img]

This lake located at a bit over 7000' is a source of the trout served in many Michoacan restaurants and is also quite popular as a recreational lake with boating, zip-lines, fishing, kayaking, pedal boats, mountain bike riding, etc. I have previously reviewed the Miralago Restaurant with its rental cabanas and we stopped to check out the Turinjandi Resort: http://translate.google.com.mx/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://turinjandi.mx/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dturinjandi%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1262%26bih%3D593&sa=X&ei=IEYuUcDHLsiFywGrzIHIBA&sqi=2&ved=0CDwQ7gEwAQ
Zip-line Video:

This lake would be a great getaway spot for a relaxing weekend or week of recreation and is located only 18km from Patzcuaro.

Photo Album: https://picasaweb.google.com/118146709599975173363/LAKEZIRAHUENMICHOACAN?authkey=Gv1sRgCOqh7LXv_eHetQE#5849314942348508274

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lake Zirahuen Empty Re: Lake Zirahuen

Post by kipissippi Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 pm

As beautiful as I remember it. I've never seen cleaner, clearer water anywhere. You can see every bit of vegetation and every pebble on the bottom. cheers
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Kip:

I was quite surprised to read that the lake bottom was mostly sand with mud in a few areas given its location surrounded by mountains. The blue water puts Lake Patzcuaro and other lakes to shame! We are planning to rent a home there for about 30 days of relaxation at some point down the road. Example of a home for rent:

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Just gorgeous, as is the Trout Meuniere in Morelia. YUM.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down