INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar Power

+6
E-raq
David
Zedinmexico
joec
hound dog
MexicoPete
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Solar Power - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar Power

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Is it good form to be posting on a public forum what your friends or neighbors spent on a home improvement? To me, that is kind of an invasion of their privacy!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:I'll save you your homework. Only the Comision Federal can say who's leading in solar as they have all the stats. 6 months ago that was ESun. ESun says they have installed 3/4 of the systems lakeside.

The CFE guy specializes in checking if the solar meters are working...he takes it out of the wall to check...you'd think CFE would know how many solar meters it has in the area. You'd think ESun would know how many systems it's installed.

Well then please state a source for the info from CFE. BTW, ESun say a lot of things that aren't true. I know the CFE meter reader, he DOES NOT take the meter out of the wall to read it! I've been here several times when he's read our meter, he's never once removed it or the meters of any of our neighbors. E2 also knows how many system they've installed. You are making stuff up.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:01 pm

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:40 pm

David, I'll give you the benefit that you mean well. Ask your CFE friend about checking meters routinely; taking them out of the wall to see that they are working properly. And how many solar meters are in the area and who has installed the majority of solar systems. Since the CFE worker stated 400 to my husband, he spoke with someone at ESun and I spoke with someone at ESun. The person answering has nothing to gain with us by answering the questions.

I don't appreciate your other comments. Your facts are not solid. Others have tried to explain to you. You like the product you have, but stating your opinion isn't a fact.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:43 pm

joec wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:E Sun is the leading solar company in Mexico and lakeside is leading in solar power for the nation. Our CFE reader checked our meter last week and asked my husband if solar power really worked and didn't know why E Sun had installed the majority of the 400 units lakeside. 300 of those were installed by E Sun. disclaimer: I'll say give or take just in case the number is 299 or something.

John, I'm surprised at you...you always recommend the very best.

How long ago was the home w/ESUN installed? It's worth listening to the reason why one is better than the other but I don't think E2 is bad, my husband compared the 2 and we went with E Sun. Solar power is pretty cool stuff and there is some junk out there that you can't compare as apples with apples. The techie's know that. E Sun is definitely competitive with prices.

The homeowner who installed E Sun did so approx 18 months ago, 14 panels - $ 16,000 US. I can find out coz they're good friends of ours. The two that installed E2 Enegias did so approx 7 months and 6 months ago as near as I can remember. Cost of $ 8,900 and $ 8,000 respectively.

But John it's the number of watts, not the number of panels that is important. I can honestly post that eSun installed a system about three months ago for $7,000 US. But that is not what is important. It's the cost per watt. John it's like you saying that your TV is better than mine because you paid less for it at Walmart than I did at Costco. Yet you never mentioned the size of your TV is much smaller than the one I purchased at Costco for much more.

Both solar companies mentioned above are great John. Please understand that if you want to compare systems then you have to add many more facts, like the size of the inverters and the total number of watts each system produces. If it were only the price and not the quantity of electricity, then why not recommend the very small system Costco sells for maybe $500 US which can recharge your cell phone laptop etc. It's much cheaper than either the system offered by e 2 or e Sun energy

Y

Last edited by MexicoPete on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Btw, for those who have solar power. February & March are our best solar producing months of the year!!! They're almost here! I'm looking forward to more days like today to enjoy the solar heated pool!! When we installed, my husband made sure they were in during this time so we could enjoy the sunny benefits.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Yes, some people are serious energy waisters and they don't mind paying for a solar system to go with it! You're right again Pete, that's why it's important to take your CFE bill in and figure out what you're using. If a guy has a pool duh, the guy who doesn't uses less power. Or the guy with one fridge uses less than the guy with 2. Or has a/c, old electronics, doesn' t have LED lights or tv...goes on and on.

There's many factors and 18 months ago, things were different than they are now! It's gotten better, sales and service reflect it.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:38 pm

CFE sent ESun recogonition for being the leading solar company in Mexico roughly 6 months ago. CFE sent the information to ESun. Esun has installed 340 systems give or take a few, in the lakeside area. Proud of them! If a representative from CFE says that there are 400 solar meters from Vista de Lago to Jocotepec and the majority are ESun. Settles it.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:41 pm

How many of the ESun systems are supplimented by "guard dog"power?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:David, I'll give you the benefit that you mean well. Ask your CFE friend about checking meters routinely; taking them out of the wall to see that they are working properly. And how many solar meters are in the area and who has installed the majority of solar systems. Since the CFE worker stated 400 to my husband, he spoke with someone at ESun and I spoke with someone at ESun. The person answering has nothing to gain with us by answering the questions.

I don't appreciate your other comments. Your facts are not solid. Others have tried to explain to you. You like the product you have, but stating your opinion isn't a fact.

Ha! Your facts are not facts, just your opinion. You've spoken to ESun, but not E2. Hmmm. Cite your source for the CFE numbers please. Like I said, I think you're making things up. Either that or you haven't done your due diligence but just taken the one input. There's not a single esun installation in our area but there are many, many E2. Regardless, the CFE meter reader DOES NOT AND HAS NEVER REMOVED my meter to read it nor any of my neighbors. Again, the meter reader is the meter reader, he has no way of knowing which company installed the system. It matters not. You're welcome to your opinion. I simply don't share it.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:27 pm

I don't know. Ask raq if the people in rc have solar? That'd be at least two that i know of *thanks4dachuckle*

Night night now

David, you're an old guy with still a lot of spit but you don't know what your talking about and the more you write, the more it shows.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:48 am

We already know what you don't know. Why don't you post a pic of that award that CFE gave to eSun? Or a link to the CFE data? ANY proof to back up your rediculous claims would be welcome.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 am

Who cares who has the most installations. I think the bottom line here is that both companies have many satisfied customers.

Looks like two of them are even fighting over it........jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:12 am

CanuckBob wrote:Who cares who has the most installations. I think the bottom line here is that both companies have many satisfied customers.

Best thing in the world for consumers!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:56 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Who cares who has the most installations. I think the bottom line here is that both companies have many satisfied customers.

Best thing in the world for consumers!!

Z

Competition and lower prices!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 am

David wrote:We already know what you don't know. Why don't you post a pic of that award that CFE gave to eSun? Or a link to the CFE data? ANY proof to back up your rediculous claims would be welcome.

BTW, eSun's ad in the Guadalajara Reporter says, "Over 275 projects in Mexico." Perhaps they should check with you and get the correct numbers, eh?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 am

John writes:

The homeowner who installed E Sun did so approx 18 months ago, 14 panels - $ 16,000 US. I can find out coz they're good friends of ours. The two that installed E2 Enegias did so approx 7 months and 6 months ago as near as I can remember. Cost of $ 8,900 and $ 8,000 respectively.[/quote]

As David said, in response to this comment, prices continue to go down. The system I had installed by E-Sun was installed about nine months ago in April, 2012 at a cost similar to the costs incurred by the two folks who used E2 Energias six or seven months ago. I´m sure both companies are fine vendors and provide good follow-up service and each buyer should make their decision after interviewing each vendor but not on the idea that one company is much cheaper than the other. Get an estimate from each, I say but remember the initial capital outlay is not as important as the ongoing savings over time and the service to be provided by the vendor in the future.

I contemplated solar heating for my swimming pool and also water heater but I live near the lake surrounded by mature trees so those installations were not practical as they may have been if we lived up the hill and had no tree blockage . Solar panels are also impractical for our home in San Cristóbal de Las Casas as that area does not enjoy the almost constant sunshine we enjoy here plus, Chiapas is not Jalisco - not by a long shot. This area is great for the most part for solar panels to supplement electrical usage or heat pools or water heaters assuming one´s electrical or gas costs make the solar panel alternative practical.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:44 pm

David wrote:We already know what you don't know. Why don't you post a pic of that award that CFE gave to eSun? Or a link to the CFE data? ANY proof to back up your rediculous claims would be welcome.

You are too funny David, what do I get for the trouble? Even though CBob doesn't care, there should be some sort of incentive for me to take the trouble to either have an ESun employee take their time to email me a picture of the CFE award so that I can wait on dial up internet speed to post it for all to see, or if I waste my gas to drive down to the office and do it myself so David can be officially corrected to his satisfaction rather than taking my word for it. tisk tisk.

My how outdated can the ad be in the Guadalajara Reporter? E Sun is kickin some butt if the ad states only 275 and they're up to 340.
Should David be pinned down and forced to enthusiastically say, "Uncle, you are right, E Sun is number 1, number 1, number1!" or should we make a bet? Loser, which will be David, has to pay for a juicy steak dinner at Roberto's for not only MUA, YO, ME but John, Pete AND NEIL at the same sitting! I'll bring my personal protection guard dog to referee. Roberto's does allow dogs right? Anyhoo, I sure am hungry for a nice juicy steak.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Laurie:

Please do not drag me into this wager just because I made a comment about "guard dog power". In all probability if I was making a decision, I would probably follow David's course of action. Do the study for myself and determine which was the best in my mind for my application. I personally never buy into the "he who sells more makes them the best theory". There are just way too many examples of the biggest not always being the best! Just for fun, I will give you WallyWorld any day while I make my purchases at Costco or another retailer who backs up their product with customer service!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:45 pm

KNEEL, please, this is all pathetic and just for forum fun. Don't worry. Be happy. Please do follow David's lead. I wasn't telling anyone to do anything except correcting David's myths. He can believe whatever he wants. Consumers are making their own choices.

We can all be good sports right? Companies compete all the time, we applaud their hard work and keep competing. As CBob stated, it's good for the buyers! Better service and great prices. Keeps the sellers on their toes.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 pm

U could fix up yer security system so yer solar power fed the Electric Fences....
then you'd only halfta worry bout them sumbitches bust'n in on cloudy days!..
that and the dog piss'n on the fence...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Laurie:

Just to keep things straight and tiddy - I don't KNEEL or BOW DOWN or GENUFLECT!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:27 pm

hocks, that's awful..

who needs an electric fence with razor wire? and the dogs hopefully won't get caught on that.

Speaking of the benefits of solar...we swam again today...waters about 78-80 degrees, chilly but with the hot sun in the heat of the day(@3:30-4 p.m.), not too bad. Oh, since you're building a pool hocks, hopefully you have a lot of room for black hoses on your roof top. We have a 1/2 of a mile of hose up there! My husband plumbed the solar water to come in near the pool floor rather than up higher because heat rises...I love it! I asked him about inviting you over to see our pool and talk to you about it...his reply, "What do you want me to do? Model the use of a shovel?" lololol He hand dug the pool for me and I forgave him of any wrong thing he's ever done to me. lolol
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm sure eSun puts the correct number of installs in their current ad. Either that or they don't know how to take care of business. Lori, you've been making stuff up on this board and others for a few years now. It's time you got real. Yes, I know who you are. And I know your mind is driven by myths and half-truths. You could offer some proof of your claims or, as in the past, fail to do so. You've never been able to support your claims on this subject or any other. Your "faith" sustains your fantasies and that's good enough for you. Facts be damned!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 pm

They are prescribing 18 black rubber bladder thingys for heat exchange
with 3 returns.... not sure if I want to supplement with electric heater or not yet...
Rest assured Lori.... I ain't digg'n this hole!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Poor David, he has nothing to stand on so he resorts to his only form weak defense. Go ahead David, go first, share your links to your hypothetical thinking.

Ahh hocks, you could get skinny fast shoveling and transfering dirt. :) 18 bladders? that's a pretty big pool to hold 18 people.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next