INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Projector and movies, net, TV, etc

+6
hockables
CheenaGringo
Zedinmexico
ComputerGuy
CanuckBob
Intercasa
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Projector and movies, net, TV, etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Projector and movies, net, TV, etc

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Intercasa wrote:Cool, my projector only has VGA, S video and VGA inputs. What model did you get?
I'll betcha it's the DMP-BD77, same one I got there. In fact, I just ordered the wireless USB dongle for it, to allow networking. Once that's installed, I should be able to play shows right off my computer or any connected hard drive. It's an excellent player with a really well-designed remote control.

ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Projector and movies, net, TV, etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Projector and movies, net, TV, etc

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Yes it has FF but if I do the >> then it plays the next movie. The local Guadalajara store where I bought it has little info on it and other web site mentioning the product and forums have more, it is pretty cool for the price and was even better as paid with my Bancomer card points which i earned lots using my credit card to pay my car insurance!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Shoot. I'll keep looking, then.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Pause and fast forward but warp to next chapter no although I have avi movies so not sure if they even have chapters to flip to.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 pm

With my USB stuck into my Panasonic BD player, I can FF or RW, but not chapter. I can only do that if I burn the shows to a DVD using ConvertXtoDVD, which allows for chaptering during the conversion process.

The movies don't come with chaptering unless they are already on DVD, but usually if I download one of those the chaptering is stripped somehow.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Out of town at the 'mo so can't confirm model #. Bought it at Ajijic Walmart so likely the only one there.

AVI files don't have chapters but some players will jump in five minute increments to provide similar functionality. I can't precisely remember but i think the panasonic BR does that.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:12 am

hockables wrote:and you can watch xxx movies on your bedroom ceiling

Hocks, obviously you are feeling considerably better. Very Happy Back to your old self.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 pm

AVI files don't have chapters but some players will jump in five minute increments to provide similar functionality. I can't precisely remember but i think the panasonic BR does that.
Haven't found one yet; I'd get it in a second. Searching online for this kind of spec is proving fruitless.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Great news: I found a program (free, yet) that adds chapters to MKV movie and TV show files. Takes only a couple of minutes to drop a file onto the program and have it add chapters in increments of 5 minutes or whatever you like.

Now when my BluRay player shuts off, I can easily get back to the place I left off by skipping ahead superfast. I love the Web. Many thanks to the developer of MKV Chapterizer. http://cyb3rh4xter.wordpress.com/mkvc/
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2