INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on Changing Insurance Agent and Company for Auto Next Year.

+4
DaveP
Rolly
gringal
joec
8 posters

Go down

Advice on Changing Insurance Agent and Company for Auto Next Year. Empty Advice on Changing Insurance Agent and Company for Auto Next Year.

Post by joec Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:35 am

I would like to hear from some of you on what Agent and Company for auto insurance that you are insured with.

What are your experiences after you had an accident.

I am currently insured with Parker and some unknown auto insurance company but have never had experience with them.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Advice on Changing Insurance Agent and Company for Auto Next Year. Empty Re: Advice on Changing Insurance Agent and Company for Auto Next Year.

Post by gringal Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:54 am

Jesus Tejeda is our agent. AXA insurance. jtejeda17@hotmail.com

When we hit a large animal on the highway, totalled the front end and had to have it towed from the middle of nowhere into Guadalajara and ourselves transported home to Ajijic, we couldn't have asked for better service.
YMMV.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Advice on Changing Insurance Agent and Company for Auto Next Year. Empty Re: Advice on Changing Insurance Agent and Company for Auto Next Year.

Post by joec Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 am

gringal wrote:Jesus Tejeda is our agent. AXA insurance. jtejeda17@hotmail.com

When we hit a large animal on the highway, totalled the front end and had to have it towed from the middle of nowhere into Guadalajara and ourselves transported home to Ajijic, we couldn't have asked for better service.
YMMV.

was your car totalled or just severe front end damage? how long to collect?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:34 am

Front end severely damaged; car not totalled. Unfortunately, it happened during the tsunami in Japan and took awhile to get the parts at the Honda agency; we paid the deductible, so I don't know the timing on the repair payment.

The agent question came up on TOB, with many posters recommending Jesus as a good agent, as we do.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:19 pm

When I was still driving, I had AXA. My one use of their service was a breeze.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Another vote for Jesus Tejada. We had an accident (not our fault) and we were paid out in less than 3 weeks
The service is excellent
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:11 pm

My experience is that the Agents do very little. It is the Insurance company that does the response & follow up.
Qualitas was my last experience & very satisfactory. They now have an office in Chapala

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 pm

sundown wrote:My experience is that the Agents do very little. It is the Insurance company that does the response & follow up.
Qualitas was my last experience & very satisfactory. They now have an office in Chapala

Apparently you have not dealt with Jesus Tejada. He’s very up-front so you know what the company will actually pay for and at least for us there were no surprises. He was there with us every step of the way through a very difficult time.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:58 am

joec wrote:I would like to hear from some of you on what Agent and Company for auto insurance that you are insured with.

I am currently insured with Parker and some unknown auto insurance company but have never had experience with them.

John, I've been with Parker for years now, including two collision accidents. Both accidents were the other driver's fault but both were uninsured and Parker was my active advocate and I was very satisfied with the outcome. I'm staying with Parker. Why do you want to change agents when you won't be here longterm?

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:57 am

Luisa wrote:
joec wrote:I would like to hear from some of you on what Agent and Company for auto insurance that you are insured with.

John, I've been with Parker for years now, including two collision accidents. Both accidents were the other driver's fault but both were uninsured and Parker was my active advocate and I was very satisfied with the outcome. I'm staying with Parker. Why do you want to change agents when you won't be here longterm?

I dont like the unknown company they have me insured with and after JimWs problem with Parker, I just as soon not find out the hard way. They didnt go to bat for him.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:27 pm

I have been insured with Parker for 4-years now.

Recently, a Corona beer truck sideswiped my parked car in front of Cafe Negra in San Antonio and ripped the side mirror off and did some minor body damages. I won't go into how you have to wait for both insurance company reps to show up from Guadalajara, but I will tell you that I'm not pleased with the inconvenience it caused in getting the car repaired.

Luckily for me I was leaving on a two-week trip to NOB and left the car with my insurance shop in Guad for those two weeks for repair. I had to pay my cab fare to the airport and furnish my own transportation back to Guad to retrieve the car. When I returned, I carefully inspected everything for new paint, mirror operation, etc. It seemed okay to me. However, on my way back to Chapala, I noticed the new mirror was cocked at a different angle than was the one on the driver's side (Toyota original). After getting home and inspecting it, I couldn't believe the person replacing the mirror did such a sloppy job, and that the shop approved the work, and my insurance company approved it. It was so obvious, I took photos of it & emailed them back to the insurance company. This requires another day (or more) out of my schedule to have the job done all over again. The second time around, my wife & I spent all day & part of the dark hours in Plaza del Sol waiting for my car to be returned. It still wasn't right, so the shop told me to have the minor repair necessary to be done in Chapala and bill the shop (a gasket wasn't completely seating).

When the repairs are done by this insurance company named HDI (by Parker), you can only have the work done in the shops they designate. I could not take the car to Toyota for repair (the insurance company didn't allow that), nor could I pick a shop in Lakeside for repair. Their tow-truck driver (who spoke English) told me insurance repair is done very different in Mexico than in the U.S. He explained that he didn't like the rules they have here, etc. He explained that most good body shops refuse to accept insurance repairs because they can't make any money with them. So this means only mediocre shops accept insurance work?

In light of this and all the disappointments, I'm thinking about changing from Parker as well. Where is this AXA insurance office located?
I would say if anyone has a company that they are happy with, by all means stay with them. I'm not happy and I will look around.
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 pm

See my post near the beginning of the thread re AXA agent.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down