INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

+16
peteben
lunateak
PoCo2012
Chapalagringa
topliss
angela04101
gringal
viajero
sparks
SunsetKid
Intercasa
Trailrunner
gatosigi
CheenaGringo
E-raq
Rolly
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2012 IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012 IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:44 pm

It'll probably all change Dec 1st. No way they want foreigners leaving when they make far more than the average Mexican. Get real.

Who the hell dreamed this up, and what were they smoking?

E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:02 pm

We are retiring and moving Lakeside January 2013. We had an appointment at the Mexican Consulate in Calgary on Friday, November 9th. And, yes, we came away empty-handed after a long discussion with 3 of their employees, including the Vice Consular (sp?). Initially, we were expecting/hoping to come away with a temporary visa and change it to a permanante with Spencer after we arrive Lakeside.
Not so anymore. There is no longer the option to change a visa after the initial application. We must submit a new application for a permanante visa AFTER we are actually retired and return with letters from our employers that we are, indeed, retired. The other documents we submitted will remain acceptable. We did print 11 months of statements while at the Consulate (we submitted one with our original app.). They did try everything they could to help us as they knew we live in Cranbrook, BC.
We have another appointment on December 17th, so back to Calgary we will be going. After finishing the bottle of Dom to celebrate our last day of work, December 14th.
Wish us Luck!
Beer
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am

Spencer;
Any new news on a possible amnesty for vehicles?
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:44 am

No news on anything yet, we check every few hours.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

2012 IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE - Page 3 Empty Direct to Permanent resident?

Post by peteben Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 pm

I have been reading this document http://dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5276966&fecha=08/11/2012
and notice a few things of interest:

• Residents of Canada, the U.S.A, and other countries that Mexico has agreements with DO NOT need a visa. They can just show up at the border and get their FMM. I asume you can still get up to 180 days that way. So, no change for tourists and even most snowbirds.
  • Tramite 7 says you can go to a Mexican embassy and request permanent residency, without doing the Temporary residence first. You need to show higher income though.
  • In general, all visas are solicited at embassies, which grant you a 180 day, one time only visa so that you can enter and get your credential within 30 days.
  • Spouses (married or not) have lower income requirements: 100 days of minimum salary for Temporary or Permanent residents.
  • Nothing at all about renewals.

So the Monthly income requirements appear to be:

Single Couple
Temporary $1925 (400x) $2400 (500x)
Permanent $2400 (500x) $2890 (600x)

I know this is more than in the past. But with no restrictions on entry and exit and time out of the country, it seems to me that the permanent resident will be the way to go.
Or am I missing something?

Pete

Last edited by peteben on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

peteben
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Permanent may be the way to go but still no answers on some qualifying things and foreign plated cars. Every week the light gets brighter.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Last post here was November 13. Any new developments?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:18 pm

MC:

You have the resident expert (Griffin) on TOB. On MexConnect, you have Lovingmexico, Axixic (aka Griffin) and bronco (aka susan aka rosie&sam aka manny, moe, curley) all claiming to know what is going on. The silence out of Spencer speaks volumes!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 pm

They still are changing things... still!!! No continuity nor rhyme nor reason and nobody will get their cards before the new year from what we are told, everybody wants answers and there won't be any soon, unfortunately. I don't want to say anything until I see 10 or 20 people get their documents and see what the final requirements are and see some stability.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:31 pm

spencer: every city is doing it differently. (especially for the 5th yr temp people, who must become permanent residents). its federal, so how is that possible? cheenagringo: hello?? lovingmexico's wife is a facilitator, she is mexican. shes @ immigration everyday. the results are not in, but we know chapala has another agenda. possibly shes more connected than you are.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:35 am

I think none of them have any agenda but are simply trying to do their best.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:24 am

bennie#2 wrote: spencer: every city is doing it differently.

It's the same in the US. My passport was in the mail--on the way to be renewed. I had a work engagement in Europe. I called every passport office, asking how I could handle the situation. Every office told me the same thing--sorry, can't happen. Then I called the Baltimore office and they had a different answer. They gave me an obscure procedure. I then recalled Houston office and they grudgingly agreed they could do it. Flew to Houston with a stack of doco and plane ticket to Frankfurt. Got a three month passport. Reapplied at the end of the three months.

My point is--if you think any country's bureaucracy is easy it's because you've never had any experience working with it.

I was polite every time. There is a poster on TOB who is making ugly accusations about local government workers and I think she's destined to a life of frustration. You need tact to work with the world.

Last edited by Luisa on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:42 am

bennie#2 wrote: spencer: every city is doing it differently. (especially for the 5th yr temp people, who must become permanent residents). its federal, so how is that possible? cheenagringo: hello?? lovingmexico's wife is a facilitator, she is mexican. shes @ immigration everyday. the results are not in, but we know chapala has another agenda. possibly shes more connected than you are.

I would definitely take along the government PDF file that tell what you need to move from Temporal to Permanente. It clearly says .... meet the financial requirements or complete 4 years on a Temporal

Another PDF tells you what you need to renew a Temporal and does not mention financials
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3