INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware Local Bait & Switch

5 posters

Go down

Beware Local Bait & Switch Empty Beware Local Bait & Switch

Post by Gamina Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Early last month I put a deposit on a trip to Guayabitos for Thanksgiving with a local travel agency. The price was 2880 pesos p/p; I paid a 1000 peso deposit. Today I went to pay the additional 1880 pesos, but was told the total price was now 3280 so I owed an additional 400 along with the 1880 pesos. The reason being that when the hotel was 70% booked, the price was raised by the hotel. I asked when the price had gone up and was told it went up in August. I reminded the agent that their advertised price was 2880 pesos in Sept. as was their current sign in the office. Also, I had received a flyer on my car on Monday with the 2880 price.

The agent again said that the hotel had raised the price not the travel agency. I replied that I would only pay the advertised price and that they were wrong to keep advertising a non-existent price. After much discussion, the agency agreed to accept my 1880 and that the agency would pay the hotel the difference between the advertised price and the real price set by the hotel.

This is clearly a bait & switch to get customers to come in, sign up and pay a deposit, but never reveal that the price would be higher when the total amount was paid. I agree that the travel agency should stand behind their ads and prices, but this should have never happened in the first place. How many travelers have just paid the adjusted amount in the last week and never questioned the price?
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Beware Local Bait & Switch Empty Re: Beware Local Bait & Switch

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:12 pm

You should state what Travel Agency did this. Send an email to all your friends.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Viaje Ajijic
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Gamina wrote:Viaje Ajijic

WOW!!! I am shocked. we and my other friends have done business with them for 10 years with no problems. We always went on theur Thanksgiving Beach trips to Nuevo Vallarta.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:35 pm

A friend and I went on their Christmas trip last year and several places advertised as the admission was paid - we had to pay to get in. They advertised ETN bus and we had a non-ETN clunker. Would never go on another trip with them. They used to be different years ago.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:40 pm

simpsca wrote:A friend and I went on their Christmas trip last year and several places advertised as the admission was paid - we had to pay to get in. They advertised ETN bus and we had a non-ETN clunker. Would never go on another trip with them. They used to be different years ago.

We always had an ETN Gran Turismo bus, the large, luxurious newer ones, even last year to Blue Bay Los Angeles Loco (aka) Bed Bug Hotel. Err, I mean dump. It was cheap and like I always say, you get what you pay for.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:00 am

Charter Club would have been about the same per day as that trip. I chose it because it was shorter, not because it was cheaper & the tour sucked.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 am

Carry Bean wrote:Charter Club would have been about the same per day as that trip. I chose it because it was shorter, not because it was cheaper & the tour sucked.

Which tour are you referring to?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:59 am

Mexico City. The only reason I took the Viajes was that it was shorter - not cheaper. As I recall, the per day would have been approximately the same but I didn't want to spend that much time away.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 am

Carry Bean wrote:Mexico City. The only reason I took the Viajes was that it was shorter - not cheaper. As I recall, the per day would have been approximately the same but I didn't want to spend that much time away.

So you enjoyed Mexico City trip with Viajes Ajijic? My cousin and friends have taken many trips with Viajes Ajijic and they have all been excellent. We have done 8 - 9 Thanksgiving trips and all excellent except for Bed Bug Hotel in Tenacatita.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:39 am

We took the Viajes Ajijic Thanksgiving trip last year and unfortunately stayed at the Bed Bug Hotel in Tenacatita. Beware Local Bait & Switch 851398

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:51 am

No I did not enjoy the Mexico City trip with Viaje. I've been there many times before on my own and the Club Charter Trours who do a much better quality trip.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:21 am

johninajijic wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:Mexico City. The only reason I took the Viajes was that it was shorter - not cheaper. As I recall, the per day would have been approximately the same but I didn't want to spend that much time away.

So you enjoyed Mexico City trip with Viajes Ajijic? My cousin and friends have taken many trips with Viajes Ajijic and they have all been excellent. We have done 8 - 9 Thanksgiving trips and all excellent except for Bed Bug Hotel in Tenacatita.

The hotel was OK. The bus was AWFUL as were the organizers of the tours & I mostly went on my own instead of dealing with the inept tour leaders.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down