INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparently the Students are at it Again!

2 posters

Go down

Apparently the Students are at it Again! Empty Apparently the Students are at it Again!

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:12 pm

From one of the Michoacan message boards:
"Yesterday the entry into Morelia (when coming from Patzcuaro) was completely closed. I could see what looked like tents in the middle of the road after you reduce speed coming into Morelia, but before the turn off for Camelinas. I followed other cars around neighborhoods to get to Costco, but it took a fair amount of time. It was still closed at 5 pm. upon my return...

I came thru the cuota caseta just west of Patzcuaro and it was manned by
students. The toll collectors were nowhere in sight and one had to pay the
toll to the students or you could not pass..... --- BOTH DIRECTIONS WERE
AFFECTED."

For the life of me, I have never been able to figure out just why the students in and around Morelia are prone to this type of crap but they appear to be pros at it!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Apparently the Students are at it Again! Empty Re: Apparently the Students are at it Again!

Post by gatosigi Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:21 am

Not just students: it seems to be the culture of Morelia. The main street used to be shut down once a week it seemed. A group from one of the villages took over the central plaza for the better part of a year because they claimed political promises were not kept. They erected a big canvas roof, slept and ate in the square and prevented Christmas decorations from being installed.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down