INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FM2 vs Your Foreign Car

3 posters

Go down

FM2 vs Your Foreign Car Empty FM2 vs Your Foreign Car

Post by Rolly Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:46 pm

A friend sent this by e-mail and asked me to post it.

I was called down to immigration today, by the jefa after I had made my application to change from No inmigrante (old name FM3) to Inmigrante (old name FM2) as a Rentista in order to avoid the capital gains issues that have been discussed in this and other forums. Rentista is one of the classifications for Inmigrante (there are at least 8) that will appear on the new card.

I was told that I can no longer have a foreign plated car in Mexico as my new card will say Inmigrante - Asimilado. My only work is that I collect rent on a single condo that I rent. Either I had to keep my status as No Inmigrante (FM3) and the car could stay, or I could give up renting the condo and become Immigrate - Rentista, or I could get rid of the car and change to Inmigrante - with any classification that fits my situation.

I went to Aduana to check with the jefe there as well just to be sure. He showed me the regulation in the book. Clear as a daylight, only individuals with No Inmigrante (any classification) or Inmigrante - Rentista can keep their cars here legally. He said the new cards are designed to make it very easy to determine if one is driving a car here legally as its all in black and white on the front of the card. In plain English, you can't be Immigrate and do any type of work and keep your foreign plated car here legally.

This Aduana web page has the text:

http://www.aduanas.gob.mx/aduana_mexico/2007/A_Vehiculos_4a.htm

"Los extranjeros con calidad migratoria de turistas, visitantes locales, inmigrantes rentistas o de no inmigrantes (excepto refugiados o asilados políticos), siempre y cuando comprueben mediante documentación oficial la calidad migratoria de residente en el extranjero. "
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

FM2 vs Your Foreign Car Empty Re: FM2 vs Your Foreign Car

Post by hockables Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Could you not just sell yerself the car and pay the necessary taxes?

Money always has a way of smoothing things out!! Rolling Eyes
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm

hockables wrote:Could you not just sell yerself the car and pay the necessary taxes?

Money always has a way of smoothing things out!! Rolling Eyes

Or sell it to your wife??
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content