INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico

2 posters

Go down

Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico Empty Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Like virtually every other visitor to Oaxaca, we had to visit Monte Alban. We had seen plenty of the tour bus blurbs and realized that they generally rounded up their customers around 10am in Oaxaca, so we chose to head out early both to beat the crowds and the heat of midday. As I had assumed, the sun can get pretty intense and downright hot on top of the mountain. Just in case, there are plenty of vendors selling straw hats for those who fail to bring a hat.

As I mentioned in the Tule Tree thread, the drive up the wrong side of the mountain was thrilling and there will be a video to follow. Entry into the site is $57MXN. We headed into the museum first and then took the hike up to the site. There were a number of "guides" offering their services but we just decided to head off on our own. If one is in decent shape, the 6400' altitude shouldn't be much of a challenge and we were quite surprised by the fact that they had made the site somewhat wheelchair friendly with a solar powered elevator and special ramps.

There are plenty of informative sites where one can read up on Monte Alban and its facts and history. Wikipedia has a fairly decent synopsis on Monte Alban: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Alb%C3%A1n

[img]Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico Dscn3810[/img]
[img]Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico Dscn3811[/img]
[img]Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico Dscn3812[/img]
[img]Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico Dscn3813[/img]
[img]Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico Dscn3913[/img]

SLIDESHOW: https://picasaweb.google.com/118146709599975173363/MONTEALBANOAXACAMEXICO?authkey=Gv1sRgCPKUreeT37T0iQE#slideshow/5782095535189816242

We found Monte Alban to be fascinating and well worth the effort to visit!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico Empty Re: Monte Alban - Oaxaca, Mexico

Post by viajero Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Neil
I really appreciate the time and effort you've taken to share your pictures with us.
I too found Monte Alban fascinating!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:10 pm

I was playing around with the video concept today and turned the slideshow into a movie with music (something I had never done before). I love learning new tricks!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down