INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have a Post Office box at the Mexican P.O. in Ajijic?

+3
espíritu del lago
hound dog
johninajijic
7 posters

Go down

Do you have a Post Office box at the Mexican P.O. in Ajijic? Empty Do you have a Post Office box at the Mexican P.O. in Ajijic?

Post by johninajijic Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 am

Do any of you have a P.O. Box at the post office in Ajijic?

If you do, have you ever lost your key? What is the procedure to get a new key, just ask for one or do I have to bring in a locksmith?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Do you have a Post Office box at the Mexican P.O. in Ajijic? Empty Re: Do you have a Post Office box at the Mexican P.O. in Ajijic?

Post by hound dog Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 am

[quote="johninajijic"]Do any of you have a P.O. Box at the post office in Ajijic?

If you do, have you ever lost your key? What is the procedure to get a new key, just ask for one or do I have to bring in a locksmith?[/quote]

I lost our mailbox key a few years ago and simply asked for new one which they supplied me for a small fee. I´ve forgotten the amount of the fee but it was inconsequential. I don´t think they would take kindly to a locksmith tampering with their mailboxes and requesting another key is not a problem.

By the way, if you ask at the front desk, they should hand you the contents of your box even if somewhat begrudgingly. I have done that on occasion in the past when I forgot my key and they have always been helpful.

Another local post office story. Several years ago we mailed a large number of postcards to Europe and when I went into the Ajijic post office to buy stamps, the postal clerk quoted me a price and said she would personally take care of affixing the stamps later. Of course, being new here I fell for that. That was quite a sum of money and needless to say not one post card was ever delivered to any proposed recipient. Now, we will use the Mexican post office for important mail but all mailings are registered and we have had no more problems of our mailings disappearing.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Do you have a Post Office box at the Mexican P.O. in Ajijic? Empty Re: Do you have a Post Office box at the Mexican P.O. in Ajijic?

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:16 am

I still have a PO in Joco. I have heard the main guy in Ajijic is a jerk. A friend of mine finally gave up and basically paid mordita to get his box fixed the door and lock were broke.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 am

When I rented my PO box in Ajijic, it didn't have a lock in it. Just that empty round hole. The fellow working there handed me a lock and told me to go get a key made. So I did.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:40 am

espíritu del lago wrote:I still have a PO in Joco. I have heard the main guy in Ajijic is a jerk. A friend of mine finally gave up and basically paid mordita to get his box fixed the door and lock were broke.

Thank you all for your replies. Hound Dog was lucky. I am not so lucky.

Espiritu - you are correct one of the guys is a total jerk. I lost my key about two years ago so they have been handing me my mail. Recently they were all hiding in back and didn't acknowledge me yelling out my PO box number, as if no one was there. If this was the US, I would report them, but it's Mexico where there are no laws.

I was told to get a locksmith and have a key made. You can bet that when we leave, I will not turn in the key. And postal day will be short on pesos. What a bunch of morons. You think that they would be happy having those Gov't jobs with all the bennies.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:15 am

johninajijic wrote: If this was the US, I would report them, but it's Mexico where there are no laws.

I was told to get a locksmith and have a key made. You can bet that when we leave, I will not turn in the key. And postal day will be short on pesos. What a bunch of morons. You think that they would be happy having those Gov't jobs with all the bennies.

Comments noted and archived. INM will receive copy.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 am

I have had to ask favors from the guys at the postoffice in Ajijic over the years and maybe once someone was not that helpfull in 12 years, . We are very happy with their service and they have been helpful to us many times.
I think most people in there will treat you the way you treat them. I speak Spanish to them so that may help. Brusque manerism does not go far in Mexico in general and with bureaucrats in particular.

John the guys may not have another key and it may be their way to solve your problem. Why don t you do what they tell you to do and forget it. What is the big deal about turning a lousy key or getting a locksmith? After all if you have no key to get into your house you get a locksmith ...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:47 pm

I've changed my address on all of the mail to my house address. So far, not one thing has come to my PO box this year. If the trend continues I shall cancel my PO box and the end of the year.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:51 pm

It is my intention to get a locksmith.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down